• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon PowerPoint Starterkit (not sure if it belongs here)

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
  • Pokemon PowerPoint Starterkit

Heya guys! Snivy (smugleaf) here! I brought you a Pokemon PowerPoint Battle StarterKit.
    Credits:
    arekis ~ Pokemon Fronts
    CNG's old kit (not the new one) ~ Item icons
    That kit needs:
    PowerPoint 2007 or 2010
    A good GIF maker for his/her fakemon.
    Backgrounds are simply made by PowerPoint 2007.
    Pokemon B/W GIF backsprites
    Trainer Sprites ~ PokeStadium
    WARNING: THAT'S A BATTLE KIT! NOT A POKEMON GAME KIT!
    That's my 1st Pokemon battlekit by PowerPoint so bear with me.

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

Years
  • And what would the point of this be?
    That's only a PKMN battle starterkit. Nothing else with it. I also may make the starterkit also available for Mac.
    Also guys, remember before using the kit, make sure you have Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 or 2010. And when finishing the battle, test it.
    MAKE SURE YOU CREDIT ME, AREKIS, AND CNG FOR THE KIT AND FOR THE SPRITES!
    Things you can do:
    • Add more than 8 slides when you want more scenes.
    • Make fakemon sprites to GIFs and animate them.
    • You can put some backsprites.
    • You can put icons also.
    • When you are a good PowerPoint user, you can add more extra features
    • You can make your own items.
    Things you cannot do:
    • When finishing the battle and you wanna share it, don't share the pics you used. Like the fronts, backs, etc..
    • You can't make maps, like the original, hacked, or fanmade pokemon games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I fail to see the point of this kit. So it is just to make a GIF scene of a battle? You don't need a kit to do something relatively simple. And if you're using CNG's old kit then why do we only need to credit you and Arekis?

Also, please don't post bold letters that large again. It is childish, unprofessional, and quite frankly I doubt you will get respect for making a "kit" with that in your post.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
  • I fail to see the point of this kit. So it is just to make a GIF scene of a battle? You don't need a kit to do something relatively simple. And if you're using CNG's old kit then why do we only need to credit you and Arekis?

Also, please don't post bold letters that large again. It is childish, unprofessional, and quite frankly I doubt you will get respect for making a "kit" with that in your post.
    Thanks for the info (added cng).
    I think you wanted that animated sprites for this, ha?
    Everyone needs anything to use it at anything.
    Guys, i have released Beta 1.
    ZIP File.
    Windows: https://www.mediafire.com/?dy3r99m5roqd9pb
    Anyways, good luck on your projects!

Last edited:

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Wow! That's really neat. I'm not using it for battles though, I'm making a little evolution game out of it... Thanks for the kit though! :)

Now I feel like I haven't contributed enough with just saying that... so I'm back to say more...

1. There is a few things you should know...

1. 1. Don't know how this works in 2010 but in 2007 if you click an image, click "Format" then a bar should show up [unless you changed your settings] Go to Arrange then Rotate, You can flip horizontally, which could make your trainer's sprites actually face the enemy.

1. 2. Move routes... Again, not sure how this works in 2010, Click an Image, Click "Animation" Then under Animation, then Custom Animations, then add Effect, Motion Paths, Draw Custom Path. This can be useful, if you're going to add attack animations [ie. Razor Leaf, Ember, etc.].
    And... I'm done... Hope this helped. :)

And here's a link to what I'm doing with your kit... :3 [I'm not really doing a battle, but I'm using your graphics.. ;D]

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

Years

• Here is the YouTube Starter Kit Video for who wanna see it for v.0.2's new update

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Okay, I worked with the actual battle system a little further, I have made animations for each of the attacks [only shows 1 in here] And I have made a "Player Win" Slide.
    To do-
    Add Battle Music.
    My projectSorry... I don't know how to embed.. >.>
    KingSnivy I hope you don't mind me doing this [making updates to your system.. xP] If you do, just tell me and I'll stop. :)

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • why does everybody try to create the next big starter kit, why not just improve on the ones already made, take CNG's kit for example its far from complete

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • I'm sorry but I completely fail to see the point of having an 'engine' (and I use the term loosely) made in PowerPoint. If you're going to try and make an engine, then do something constructive with RMXP, GM8.1, html or something. This serves little purpose because it's not a game as it lacks the overworld aspect & in comparison to battle simulators such as PO, it's rather lacking.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Rossay... I have an idea.. not sure you're going to like it because it will make every statement you just said false... but I'm going for it anyway.. ;D
    I'll just do a little tidbit of it... maybe the first town... I'll have something by today or tomorrow. >;D

TheMarkCrafter

Years
  • Beginning from the day he wants, Orangturttle will PM me/post at the thread to give me information for more features.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Animations and Trainers...! :D

I just took some that came with the RMXP Poke Starter kit and broke them up.
    Just save them and "Insert Picture" when you want to use it.
    Fire [only an ember atm, I'll put more later] [3 frames]:
    Spoiler:

Grass [Razor Leaf... again... more to come...] [2 frames]:
    Spoiler:

Normal [scratch and tackle] [6 frames]:
    Spoiler:

For Trainers I just took them from RMXP PokeStarterKit, But if you want I can get some that aren't in that folder and make a WinRar Folder of em'?
    Btw, My OverWorld is coming along very fast... I think I'll be done LittleRoot By the end of today... actually I'm almost sure. Maybe I can get half way done the lab too!
    UPDATE!:
    Video Preview of the OverWorld Game.. ;D
    https://youtu.be/FpLGgWJ_fQc
    Soo.. Rossay, where's that pessimism at? >:3
    UPDATE!:
    361 Trainer Sprites waiting for you....
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=1V64MATJ
    Complied by myself, Credits are in the "READ ME" file.

Things to add [I'm just gonna make a folder with the kit and pokemons, Icons, Trainers, and whatever else, that alright KingSnivy?] -
    1. Cries for each Pokemon
    2. More Icons
    3. Battle BackGrounds
    4. Exp Bar
    5. Music

Last edited:

TheMarkCrafter

Years
  • For those who wanna work with me for new features, PM or VM me those things:
    Name:
    PowerPoint Skill:
    Example of work (pic or vid) :

Also, Orangturttle. You are still a member, but i didn't like the OW vid.

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • I like how you think that you are rather smart in "proving me wrong". I'm sorry but this 'overworld' is incredibly poor and unimpressive. There is simply no point in using PowerPoint as a game-creation engine. I suggest you stop wasting your time with this as noone is going to use it when RMXP/GameMaker are far superior alternatives. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this to save you wasting your time.

I remain wholly underwhelmed and unimpressed.

Desukān

Coffin Pokémon
    Years
  • Uhm... Why are you guys making this with Powerpoint? Doesn't make too much sense to me
    ):

You should use something like RMXP or Game Maker.

~Lani

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Can I reiterate the FIRST post...
    The overworld is NOT going to be included into the BATTLE KIT, the Overworld was just to prove that it could be done [poorly nonetheless].
    So, now all you whining about "This is a stupid idea, why not just make it in RMXP?" read the first post.
    It's not a game maker. It's a battle maker, You know, "Make a battle, Take some Screenshots, Make a .gif" kind of thing or making a battle, taking a video, putting it on Youtube is what I was understanding. It's just for fun, we're NOT looking to be the "next big starter kit". I think, if you read the first BIG HUGE, BOLD FACED, heading you would know "THAT'S A BATTLE KIT! NOT A POKEMON GAME KIT!"
    @KingSnivy, I'm working on compiling the Cries at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    This takes me back to three years ago when I attempted to recreate Pokémon Pearl on Powerpoint. Personally, I don't see any point in this project. Sure, its a really great idea, but powerpoint isn't really an ideal software, even for a battle engine. It would be difficult to implement every single attack animation, trainer sprite and Pokémon sprite. Plus, wouldn't you have to create a separate slide for every single combination of Pokémon and moves (unless you only have certain combinations in mind, and no wild Pokémon can be caught). Overall, this kit seems like an interesting idea, but even if you do actually complete it, who exactly would use it?

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Can I reiterate the FIRST post...
    The overworld is NOT going to be included into the BATTLE KIT, the Overworld was just to prove that it could be done [poorly nonetheless].
    So, now all you whining about "This is a stupid idea, why not just make it in RMXP?" read the first post.
    It's not a game maker. It's a battle maker, You know, "Make a battle, Take some Screenshots, Make a .gif" kind of thing or making a battle, taking a video, putting it on Youtube is what I was understanding. It's just for fun, we're NOT looking to be the "next big starter kit". I think, if you read the first BIG HUGE, BOLD FACED, heading you would know "THAT'S A BATTLE KIT! NOT A POKEMON GAME KIT!"
    @KingSnivy, I'm working on compiling the Cries at the moment.

I don't know if you already knew this , but you can do the same with RMXP and Pokémon Essentials.

Back