• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Project Reality

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    The trees are acceptable for me, but, well, forget about doubling the size of the grass. However you can change some colors to fit with the rest (especially the trees)

I changed a bit the grass' colors so you replace it if you think it's better.

nickwarr_182

The Bringer Of Destruction
    Years
    Wow, that looks like the Super Eagle filter in the VBA!! Awesome work on the maps, but as others said, they're a bit empty.
    What if you did like in the GameBoy games and filled them with stuff like flower gardens or a small stream going out to the water body to the right?
    Then it'd be kinda like the original games!

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    Here, I enlarged it 300%. Just look where the purple arrow is pointing.

Pokemon Project Reality

Thats because you use white as your BG color and the transparent color to fix that you will have to either edit the BG colors on all the pic to a diff color(May i suggest a grey?) or go through to every sprite and change whats white to a really light shade of grey but thats how you fix that problem.

Graphics look ok but the battle sytem you could try to work on it a bit more.(Thats why my rpgXP game hasnt been started yet.) I like you stink at scripting so Im going to get help in that area. The battle system imo should be more like the actual BS from the games as with all the menus. The mixed graphics are ok I rate it a 6/10 though. its to realistic.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    What if you did like in the GameBoy games and filled them with stuff like flower gardens or a small stream going out to the water body to the right?
    Then it'd be kinda like the original games!
    That is good thing to put in this game, but the truth is that I need more experience in mapping... XD

What about reducing the size of the window? The maps would look better. But this may cause problems if you are using the default menu, screens and Battle system. It's just an idea, though.
    No, I´m sick of the small window that other games here are using, it´s the same!:\
    I´m remodeling the graphics so even giving a full screen the graphics would still look good not squarey as the other games here.
    PS: I tested the grass you sent, it´s to green, actually I think I should change the color of the trees to fit with the grass.

Thats because you use white as your BG color and the transparent color to fix that you will have to either edit the BG colors on all the pic to a diff color(May i suggest a grey?) or go through to every sprite and change whats white to a really light shade of grey but thats how you fix that problem.
    That was fixed long ago, but thanks anyways.:)

The battle system imo should be more like the actual BS from the games as with all the menus.
    I won´t use the standard BS of the GBA/DS, etc.......
    I´ll use something similar to the old Final Fantasy games, it will get extremely cool.

The mixed graphics are ok I rate it a 6/10 though. its to realistic.
    Get used to it, I´m tired of the cartoonish graphics of GBA and DS, I won´t change it.
    That´s why there´s "reality" in the name of this project. XD

~~~~~~~~~~ EDIT ~~~~~~~~~~
    I finished the event that make the hero blink, while it´s walking (or stopped), heheh it´s really cool, I think even Diamond and Pearl don´t have this feature! :)

~~~~~~~~~~ EDIT 2 ~~~~~~~~~~
    I added the story line of this game in the first post, this time giving more details about it.

Last edited:

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Curious about it, huh? :P
    Well, there isn´t anything to test yet, I have to remodel the tilesets first.
    But I started to work on the Battle System,(not in RGSS, it´s just to see how it would looks like) so its like a demo for now.^^

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Paused, sadly... My mom took my computer (I´m in a an house right now)
    But when my grades at school become a little better I´ll restart my work on it.:P
    However, even not being able to use the computer, I´m working on how the maps will look like, drawing them in every way possible, based on maps like this:
    Pokemon Project Reality

I hope it gives the project a wow factor.

Last edited:

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Hey! It's the johto region! my favorite out of all of them!
    Mine too! XD

Yeah, it's actually better than a blocky map, at least if it's a real one. If it's in a Pokétch sort of thing, I'd stick with the blocky ones, maybe arranging it a bit.
    No you don´t got it!:laugh:
    I´remodeling the routes and cities "in game", not the poketch map, the poketch map will be the classic blocky ones.
    EX:
    If you look to New Bark town in the pic I posted, you´ll see that the ocean is just behind it, so in my game you´ll be able to see the ocean from new bark.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Ok, good idea.
    And let me know if you have any questions or sugestions, it will help a lot.

The real problem is that I can´t find time to learn how to work with RGSS...

Besides that, I can finish the rest of the game without problems.

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    Sadly that tutorial doesn´t help too much, the things that I need are kind especific...

Back to the game:
    Well, actually I was studying other monster-rpgs like pokémon, and other kinds of rpgs too, and I found things that I think that would be great to be introduced to a pokemon rpg.

I searched for a long time, found and played those rpgs, to me, the ones that were almost the same thing as pokemon were Telefang and Digimon.

Telefang being a surprise for being really similar to pokémon, if you don´t remeber Telefang, just try to remeber those fake Pokemon Diamond and Jade that were released before the original Gold and Silver versions for GameBoy Color:
    Pokemon Project Reality
    Pokemon Project Reality

Well their real name is Telefang, and the monsters are called "electric monsters".

I played it through emulator because it´s nearly impossible to get those games here in my country.

And I also discovered a GBA version when I was searching for "Telefang" in youtube, watch a battle to understand better what I will say next:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i43n03BFNF8

Well, if you watched you well see that they were on a 3X3 battle, but in a different way, they exchanged position to attack, not only that, some attacks have great animation, some better than those found in R/S/E/Fr/Lg, also all the monsters had different animations to attack, they were not fighting statues like in GBA pokemon games.

Not only that, going further I found that most of the monsters had 3 to 5 different types of evolutions, by different ways of training.

In this games the monsters weren´t "yours" like a domestic pet, they were free to go, and you could use them in a battle whenever you called for them on a special cell phone.
    Whenever you called, they would try to get to you, yes try! Because if the were from a far place they would probably not find a way to get to you.
    EX: You are in the ocean, and called a monster from a desert area, because of the distance it will take much more time to the monster arrive due to being lost and, sometimes, it will not be able to get to you.

Another interesting thing was that in these games in both GBC and GBA versions the monster you selected to be your main monster will follow you, like Pikachu did on Yellow version, of couse you could change monsters automatically using your phone, and you don´t need a computer to do that like in pokemon.

Those things i found extremely cool, and I think I could convert some os these ideas to pokemon.

Back