• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    They are able to be found, however, it is very hard. It took me a few hours to find just the first sets Kyledove has made and a few weeks of searching the net for enough to be useful to Game Designers.

This is a great game, and it's great to see that it isn't being made in RMXP. Keep it up ;)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Hey everyone.
    Long time no update huh?
    Well I'm here to break my silence now....
    The newest feature of Pokemon Protectors is ready to be talked about.
    It's the inclusion of the time and day.
    I have screen shots to show, which I will post at the end of the post....

So first off time.
    How does it effect the game?
    Well it will influence what happens in the game as an overall experience.
    With time now added in, I've added a tint effect so that the game will get dark when it's night, be that orange/red color for sunrise and so on.
    That is one visual aspect to get across time.
    Another that is both visual and will effect the gameplay is that the NPCs (Non-playable characters) will act differently depending on the time.
    So for example, they will have business to attend to at different hours, or will go to bed and lock up their houses at night.
    The marts will close at night.

There are some various other things- with the time system - which I don't want to talk about just yet :P

What about the day?
    Well that's in the game too and will effect what happens in the Altar region.
    From small things like certain mart's having sales on a Wednesday, or closing earlier on a Sunday-
    to bigger things that will effect how the story unfolds....
    Heck- people won't just be waiting around for the hero to show up will they?
    Again, I won't go into anything until that's all fully coded into the story.... so you'll have to wait.
    But trust me, it should get you excited.

Well about those screenshots I owe you....
    Please note that the towns have not been fully populated- and that the team was just added in by me in test play

Pokemon Protectors

Well this first image was taken at night by the lake just south of the starting town of the game.
    Note that the day is Tuesday.
    As you can see, the menu has been redesigned to show off the time and day.
    Also, that sign reads that Hoenn lies south of there..... :P

Pokemon Protectors

This screenshot was taken in the starting town outside the player's home.
    It was taken during dawn.

Pokemon Protectors

This screenshot was taken on a Friday during the day time, in the second town- Briselwood.
    You will note that I've also reordered my team around- which is easily done from the cross Pokemon bar.

Any comments?

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    God! I like the day night system with the FANTASTIC Menu!!
    Good luck!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Hey.
    Just a small bunch of screenshots.
    As was already revealed- well, you cudda guessed - the 3 starter POKeMON of the Altar region are....
    The same as the Kanto ones....

Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle.....

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Hey.
    Just a small bunch of screenshots.
    As was already revealed- well, you cudda guessed - the 3 starter POKeMON of the Altar region are....
    The same as the Kanto ones....

Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle.....

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Shouldn't squirtle be written in blue and charm in red?
    Nice to hear from you btw.^^

Patjuh09

Total Drama Island Redux!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Wich program do you need to play this fabulous game!?

Patjuh09

Total Drama Island Redux!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    You don't understand me. If it is released i mean. Do you need to download a program or is it included?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back