• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Cool oh well guess I won't be a tester I never saw how good it ws well it started before I joined. Haha. Here's something you might wanna do; make a cafe or somein' that you can chat, see and battle with people all over the world.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
    Years
    Cool oh well guess I won't be a tester I never saw how good it ws well it started before I joined. Haha. Here's something you might wanna do; make a cafe or somein' that you can chat, see and battle with people all over the world.

I know this is off topic, but what is wrong with you, every time i see your posts your asking to be a beta tester. It's so frigging annoying.

But on the lighter more constructive note, Neo-Dragon can we get some screenies, of mini games or any new systems in the game.

That would be awesome, thanks. (^_^)

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    lol, awesome! so, can you explain what are the capabilities of the poke-cyber when it has full bars, 2 bars, 1 bar and 0 bars? also, it should be awesome. and if you need a beta tester i'd be glad to be one 'cause i am what i call "pokemon obsessed" lol and i just love the game. i bet that if pkmn protectors would be released as an original game it would be bought by millions or even billions of people!!! and something last, is it possible for this, when it is finished in a long long time, to be made into a GBA rom? that would be awesome!

Last edited:

Waudby

No it wont be possible to make this into a gba rom becuase it's a completely different way of making a game.

This is not rom hacking :P

i think Neo has already given detials about the Poke Cyber and what each bars means earlier on when he told us about it.

Years
    i notied that in some of the other games that there arent any graphic for the attacks, will you have the same problems? and will it be the d/p attack list,
    looks like a great game

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    No it wont be possible to make this into a gba rom becuase it's a completely different way of making a game.

This is not rom hacking :P

i think Neo has already given detials about the Poke Cyber and what each bars means earlier on when he told us about it.

o, i c. ok. but.... in which page does neo tell us about its signal?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    just search the thread for it, and yo'ull probly find it
    and btw, since the world has only like 7 billion people, i find it hard to believe that a game will sell billions. pokemon by themselves have sold only 175 million copies in what, 12 years or so?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    EDIT: Whoops, I'll answer some questions asked.
    @Gak's first post after mine. It was already answered by Waudby lol.
    @DarkArcanine: In terms of battle animations, it's a design choice to not have them in, not a "problem."
    Protectors defo won't have the battle animations in the first release. Maybe in the future.
    As for D/P attacks, I've already said, no D/P attacks aswell.
    Again- at least for the first release.

@Gak: The pokecyber signal was already mentioned in the Pokecybers post.
    It's just like a phone signal. So you won't be able to do anything if you have no signal. And limited amount if you have a weak signal.

Update:
    "Tools"- the new HMs.

So first off, I would like to thank 2 guys off my forum (RPGMAKER2003ISHARD and Atomic_Reactor) for helping me develop the ideas for this.
    If you have any ideas- make sure you come over to my forum ad post them in the idea thread and I'll see how they work out.
    These guys gave me some inspiration for this.

Anyways.
    So, tools.
    What are they.
    Well it's answered above.
    Tools are the new HMs.

Tools are the new KEY ITEMS that help the trainer traverse the land.
    I will give you a screenshot walk through of what I mean.

NOTE: All maps featured in the screenshots are not final and do not have NPCs (Non playable characters) in them!
    The first map shown is a forest.
    The second map in on Route 103.

Pokemon Protectors
    So when you first get the first "tool" (I'll show next)- you get a tool box, or, tool set.
    This is represented by an icon in the Key Items Pocket. The number (in this screenshot - 2) is the amount of tools in the tool box.
    Pressing enter will allow you to see your tools, and view what they do.

So what are your tools?
    The first is the Small Axe tool.
    The small axe allows you to cut down the small trees you see in the official games.
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Pokemon Protectors

The second tool I'm showing off today is: Small Raft.
    This will allow you to "surf" in calm waters. Calm waters are the lighter colored water in the game- the one without an animation of movement.
    Seas (the darker water) will not be able to be "surfed" in with the small raft.
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Note: The officer is in this screenshot because of the already coded stealing feature- so thats why he is the only person on this map. Since that feature is fully coded.

Now what about the other tools.
    Well I don't want to show them off just yet (because they are not fully coded- only the cut and surf are)- but you can guess each other HM will have a "Tool" lol.

So please leave some comments and feedback to let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    Cool ^_^

I'm really liking the maps and of course the idea. It's adding more realistic-ness to the game :3

Keep it up Neo-Dragon! Can't wait to see more~

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Darn! You've been sneaking glances of my idea notebook haven't you!? Well anyway, the system/maps are looking great, and I'm sure your system is different then the one I'm doing..

Great job Neo!

Atomic Reactor

will you be able to upgrade your key items?
    so like, you get a large axe so you can cut down bigger tress, or like large thickets?
    i think that would be nice.

idk about the raft. is it inflatable? it should be.
    i wouldnt wanna carry a raft around with me werever i go.
    so ya, inflatable raft.
    then an upgrade you could get it bigger, and a collapsable paddle?
    ugh, im at a loss of ideas for this.

owell.

keep up the amazing work!

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    i like the idea of tools, but i just want to say

theres a limit on how much hammerspace you can have before it gets ridiculous

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Cheers guys for the support.
    Means alot. I'll answer some questions since I'm online.
    @Atomic_Reactor:
    I was thinking of having soemthing along the lines of that. Like better tools as you go along. Kinda like getting bigger and better fishing rods in the official games. But I don't know if I will. I might just stick with one set of tools.

@Eeveon:
    Yeah, a tool for rock climb will be in the game yeah.
    Again, it's only on my "Dev Sheet" and not coded into the game, so I don't want to talk about it just yet.

@Anyone concerned of storage for tools.
    Guys, do you really care about "taking up space in a bag" ? Like come on, in the official games, do people mind when a kid carries around a bike in a pocket in his bag? Or mentioned above- fishing rods. An adventurer wouldn't talk around 24/7 with one of those.
    Ya know, do tool sizes really matter?
    It's not realism a pokemon game is after.
    It's just a means to access a feature. And in this case to allow people to go around the land quicker with tools that are stored in the Tool box thing.

Anyways,
    Believe it or not, I'm still coding in the displaying of attack names. I've got around 160 coded to display, while only around 40 are usable by the player right now.
    I have a development stat tracking thread on my forum, so if you want more detail on how much stuff is actually in the game currently (like how many maps are mapped and so forth)- head on over (link in my sig.)

Also keep those questions coming. I have some more screenshots, but since the towns and routes have no people in them I don't know if I'll post them soon. Might re-take them. They aren't of anything important. Just random screenshots.

And again-
    Anymore questions?

Atomic Reactor

in a later stage he will maybe change heroes.

he's not entirely worried about it right now

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back