• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
  • Thanks everyone for the great coments. Means alot.
    Sorry i never answered the question about the demo.
    I have no plans for a demo ever, well thats kinda a lie so to speak.
    The game will have a new format for putting out the games to the public.
    It's through something called Release Candidates.
    These "Release Candidates" will be like demos, but everytime a new "RC" or "Release Candidate" is posted, you can update your game folder, meaning you can keep your save and won't have to start over.
    This way, I can release a part of the game, have an area blocked off while I work on it, then release another RC, called something like "RC2" and you just update your game folder with the files and go back into your saved game and continue on.
    It's a much better way of doing things and I hope other fan game developers do the same as it makes things easier.

Well anyways, here is an update for you!

A few months back, I posted about an all new mart system developed for Pokemon Protectors.
    This system gave the player a shopping cart and allows the player to take items from the store shelf.

Another huge gameplay feature added is the Conscious Choice feature, which lets players chose how they want to play by making his or her own choice.

Well, these 2 features combined, make the gameplay ever better.

The player can choose to steal from the PokeMart.

Lets do a demo with screenshots.

Okay, so I've entered the mart with no money. I have added items into my shopping cart and decided to make a break for the door.

Here is what happened.

Pokemon Protectors

The Officer at the door has stopped me.
    The Conscious Choice feature kicks in now.

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

I have a choice of what I can do.
    Do I steal, or do I go back and pay or even go and empy my cart?
    Well I have no money.....
    And... I don't want to empty my cart since I went through the trouble of filling it.
    I think I'll steal.....

So what happens?
    Sure, I get to keep the items. Any item was in my cart is added to my bag.
    But what happens in real life when you steal?
    Go to jail? Sure can happen.
    But if your young, like the age of the hero of the game, what would happen?

You get banned from the store.
    Pokemon Protectors

And thts not the only bad thing to happen.
    Pokemon Protectors

The officer has told the Pokemon Rangers and the Pokemon Protectors on you.
    You lose 2 REP Points from each team!!
    Damn!

Oh and lok what happens when I try go back to the store
    Pokemon Protectors

Well that's just great.....

But hey, that is what I get for stealing.....

Remember, stealing is bad, so it will have a bad outcome.......
    But in Pokemon Protectors, being bad is up to you!!!

What you think?
    Please leave a comment as I love reading what you have to say.
    If you have any questions, just ask away here :)

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    That feature is great. But, you keep adding more and more features that the game is getting no progress.

Oh, and do you still have the little banner I made for Pokemon Protectors?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I still have it yeah. I'll add it to the main post. I disagree about about no progress being made. This is progress. These features are needed to play the game so what do you mean? Storyline? That interview with the Conscious Choice us from the start of the game. That mart is in the second town. So again, this is all gameplay. This is progress! The map work is done if thats what you want to know. But let me mean and ill answer it for you. As I said, feel free to ask any questions :).

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    What do you think of post more screenshot of CBS ?
    It look awesome you know? Good luck!

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    If, you don't like rm2k3 games, then why do you even bother to post in this thread?!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    It is really great that the game made in rm2k3.
    Neo-Dragon+ code them well and make it greater then the original Pokemon game.
    This is what we call a "GOD"~
    So, I'll support the GOD project^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2008
    This game looks absolutely amazing! Don't give up on this, a lot of great projects die and I would hate for this one to do the same.

From what I've seen so far 9/10 :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Eh?
    Demo?
    Read my last post ha.

Sorry i never answered the question about the demo.
    I have no plans for a demo ever, well thats kinda a lie so to speak.
    The game will have a new format for putting out the games to the public.
    It's through something called Release Candidates.
    These "Release Candidates" will be like demos, but everytime a new "RC" or "Release Candidate" is posted, you can update your game folder, meaning you can keep your save and won't have to start over.
    This way, I can release a part of the game, have an area blocked off while I work on it, then release another RC, called something like "RC2" and you just update your game folder with the files and go back into your saved game and continue on.
    It's a much better way of doing things and I hope other fan game developers do the same as it makes things easier.

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    C'mon, is this for real? This game looks way too good to be true. But anyway, it's just amazing! I can't describe what I like the most, since everything is just mind blowing! Congratulations, and continue with the excellent job.

PD: I hope that trading/battling online system really exists :)

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • C'mon, is this for real? This game looks way too good to be true. But anyway, it's just amazing! I can't describe what I like the most, since everything is just mind blowing! Congratulations, and continue with the excellent job.

PD: I hope that trading/battling online system really exists :)

Same, but I don't think that 2003 can do online.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Thanks, glad you like the game Dyegov.
    There is no online battling. I never said anything about that. But trading is possible with the system I came up with back for Silk:DP (my last text project). It's done through a web-app and edits the game saves of the players to make the "trading" work, but right now, that system isn't in Protectors, as there are only nine pokemon in the game since that is all I've coded so far ha.
    But don't worry, ofcourse more will be added, but when I add pokemon, I like to do it fully into th game, meaning you can battle them and they are programed into every menu.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • That's good, I like that, its better than tring to take them all at once, That way it gets done. What are you working on at the moment? CBS, CMS, Pokemon?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back