• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Interesting feature, although not one i will be using myself in the final product, it seems to remove that element of "NOO I CAN'T LOOSE THIS ONE" and instead leaves you with "Oh it looks like i might lose this if i carry on, RELOAD", i personally wouldn't have it in the game, but at the end of the day it's your game, so your choice.

monarc

Cute! A Pokemon Adventure
    Years
  • Hmm, I must say, I am also unsure of this one.. i mean, obviously you can do what you want, it IS your game, and i'll play it nonetheless haha.

On one hand, it does take away a lot of the challenege of the pokemon battle system, but i suppose, it would be usueful at times, when you have to hurry off the computer, or something, and it does fit in with the overall "feel" of your game..

hmm just my two cents :)

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
    Years
  • I like the idea, but I don't fancy the idea of people using it as a "Get Out Of Jail Free Card". That means basically using it if their losing the battle I guess?

Anyways, I like the idea if you have to go somewhere you can save during a battle.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Nice update Neo, just something which I think would be best as pointed out by scienceboy;

I would impose a limit on it - make it so that a person can only do so once a battle. That way, there will be less chance for abusal. And the feature should be disabled for "boss" battles - such as, elite four, head of evil organization - and for legendary pokemon.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Great stuff Neo. Great idea, especially for me. So now I don't have to finish those epic battles to get off the computer.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Thanks everyone for the feedback. Please keep it coming. I read every comment and again- just to say it again- those last 2 updates were to prove my point that I do in fact listen to every request and think it through for Protectors.

Listen guys, I know the whole saving in battle is rather controversial in the general Pokémon gaming sense. I debated about it for about 2 days before adding it in.
    My advice to anyone who thinks the system will be abused would be- don't worry about how other players will play the game. This will be your experience and if you don't want to use the feature, ignore it. There is no button on screen on the main battle commands, you just press shift. So it aint in your face- ya get me? So it can be ignored. But- it is a handy feature for a game being played on a PC. I used quick saves on emulators during battle and sometimes you have to just leave in the middle of a battle, so as long as your remember the feature is there, it can be used.

Also, you want to abuse it, that's fine by me. It is the second system that has been intended by me to be abused (I can't mention the second, well first idea just yet :p). If you want to save in the middle of a battle with a legendary and keep trying to throw pokéballs, that's fine- again this is your experience. Just remember, if you want to load you will have to close the game then re-open it and load it lol.

And to both groups (the abusers and non abusers :P), remember, RM2k3 by default supports more then one save. So maybe you want to save it at each legendary battle and cool trainer battle to re-play it, you can- mid battle. So I guess that's a plus idea for both groups.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    its spam. thats why i didn't respond to it.

and arthurmaker, don't ask when a beta will be released.

Martyr

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    Hey guys,

My name is Jason, I'm head of community support over at calis projects. I just thought I'd introduce myself. :)
    You'll be seeing me post on this thread hopefully a fair bit. If you have any question regarding anything to do with Calis Projects or Pokemon protectors, please feel free to drop me a pm, on Pokemon community, or the calis projects forums. (I use the same user name on cp) :)

Cheers and thanks for following this game for so long!
    Martyr

Pop_Goes_The_Weavile

Please be nice it's my 1st day
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2013
    Dude... That looks even more awesome than actual Pokémon games! Great job dude!
    I can't believe it will be free!!

Congratulations...

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • WOAH!! DO you need any help? I'd love to help out! If you need an help that is...
    (IM SO EXCITED, IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AN AWESOME GAME LIKE THIS)
    This looks excellent, the format, the tiles, the story, EVERYTHING!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Thanks guys.
    The tiles have been changed, so I hope you don't miss the ones in the screens. I'll post some screens of the tiles when I have some maps done (I'll be revamping the overworld- just to remind you in case you didn't see the post on it).
    The battle system is still the focus. As I am always saying, once I finish the battle system code, that's it- I won't have to worry about it any more.

The About Us page has been added to the Official Site of the game. You should check it out to get to know us a little better ha. And don't forget the Developer Blog will be updated on the 13th, so mark it into your calender ha.

On a side note, I said this on my own forums awhile back, I'm currently finishing up college for the summer. Another 10 days left or so and I'm done until September. As you could guess, everything is getting crammed in the last 2 weeks and we are making 4 small educational games for our end of year project. Our aim is to get these games used in Primary school around the local area and the team I'm on are coding a English game aimed at 7-10 year olds. We are coding it in Java and when I say "we" I mean me ha. I'm the only coder on the team, so as you can imagine, I'm pretty stressed out over the sheer amount of work I have, so just a heads up on the lack- a.k.a- no work on Protectors for the past 2 weeks and future 2 weeks or there abouts.

Thanks for al lthe support so far, and I hope it grows strong in the future. As always, feel free to post a comment here, VM me, or PM me.
    Cheers.

Years
  • I think your game is great, but I would like to know how did you make that mouse system. Can I get to it somehow? That is like the best thing in whole game system. If you can get a working one. Once again, really great game.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back