• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pyrite

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
  • I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before! Definitely looking forward to playing this!
    The new rules in battle feels exciting!

Edit: The only thing missing here is running shoes.. But I'm still gonna play it :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alright since it's been half a year since the hack was released I'm going to share the evolutions and learnsets. I wanted players to enjoy the unpredictability of not knowing when/if their pokemon will evolve or learn x move. I know many people weren't very keen on that, but that's the case every time a new official pokemon game is released after all. Anyway, the link is in the OP now (ironically, it has been public before the hack was even released), should be at least 99% correct.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Alright since it's been half a year since the hack was released I'm going to share the evolutions and learnsets. I wanted players to enjoy the unpredictability of not knowing when/if their pokemon will evolve or learn x move. I know many people weren't very keen on that, but that's the case every time a new official pokemon game is released after all. Anyway, the link is in the OP now (ironically, it has been public before the hack was even released), should be at least 99% correct.
    Oooh nice! But I think I'll look into it when I finish my first playthrough.. Pokemon Crystal is one of the games, I'm really fond of and I really like your hack's style! I love the early variety of pokemon you can get even before the first gym. Kudos to you crystal!

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years

Thanks but your idea for how you wanted to leave it to predictable seems fine to me many. Its the mystery to games that show me the most excitement knowing everythink and anythink about the game can make it very boring. So all in all dont think negative about your decision as its your hack and a fine one at that. Have a good day :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Alright since it's been half a year since the hack was released I'm going to share the evolutions and learnsets. I wanted players to enjoy the unpredictability of not knowing when/if their pokemon will evolve or learn x move. I know many people weren't very keen on that, but that's the case every time a new official pokemon game is released after all. Anyway, the link is in the OP now (ironically, it has been public before the hack was even released), should be at least 99% correct.

Thanks for sharing and sorry if it bothers you.

And damn, I missed thundershock by 1 level... Guess I'll have to grind it till Thunder or just find another electric-type :/

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • found a bug:
    When you battle the eusine-like trainer in Cianwood and lose he wont battle you again.. dunno if it's really a bug but ehh.. might worth reporting..

Years
  • found a bug:
    When you battle the eusine-like trainer in Cianwood and lose he wont battle you again.. dunno if it's really a bug but ehh.. might worth reporting..
    It's intended. It happens in Pokemon Crystal too. It's that way because the reason he shows up is that he sees Suicune/Raikou running in front of him, but it would make no sense that Suicune/Raikou would appear again in the same exact spot for everytime that you lose to him.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • It's intended. It happens in Pokemon Crystal too. It's that way because the reason he shows up is that he sees Suicune/Raikou running in front of him, but it would make no sense that Suicune/Raikou would appear again in the same exact spot for everytime that you lose to him.
    Figured something like that was the reason xD
    I never lost in the vanilla so i really thought it wasa bug xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2018
    Hello,

its 100% tough and force myself to learn all about pokemon basic knowledge,information or strategies instead of just level up PM. (Keep googling :o)
    this is really great rom hack.
    ---

There is a mirror bug i found?
    i.imgur.com/YA7tvDs.pn g (sorry i cant post the link.)

it wont crash the game and occur randomly, but i still wodering something wrong here.

I am using the lastest ips patch and VBA-M 2.0.

Thanks.

Last edited:

wilso

Grass Master
    Years
  • Holy cow okay I commend you for making this game super interesting and challenging (first time using an x item in battle) I've started my first legit nuzlocke with this game and just beat the 2nd gym
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Hello,

its 100% tough and force myself to learn all about pokemon basic knowledge,information or strategies instead of just level up PM. (Keep googling :o)
    this is really great rom hack.
    ---

There is a mirror bug i found?
    i.imgur.com/YA7tvDs.pn g (sorry i cant post the link.)

it wont crash the game and occur randomly, but i still wodering something wrong here.

I am using the lastest ips patch and VBA-M 2.0.

Thanks.

Did it happen randomly or only in specific places? Does the glitch disappear when you exit the menu? Nobody had reported it and I never experienced it myself so I suspect it might have to do with the emulator. It looks as if VRAM data or one of the screen buffers had gotten corrupted.

also not sure if it was intended but one of the fire breathers in union cave has a charmander with aurora beam
    This is really weird since it's a trainer with no movesets defined. It looks like it could be grabbing the evolution data as a move to generate the moveset, but I can't notice anything wrong in its data. Do you remember if it used any other move apart from Aurora Beam?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2018
    Did it happen randomly or only in specific places? Does the glitch disappear when you exit the menu? Nobody had reported it and I never experienced it myself so I suspect it might have to do with the emulator. It looks as if VRAM data or one of the screen buffers had gotten corrupted.

Thank you for replying;

its happening when

1. press save button in menu (sometimes)
    2. chat with random NPC (Rarely)
    3. start battle with trainer (in 8th Clair Gym, once only)

There is the sample save about this problem, refer to <1. press save button in menu (most frequently)>
    using the VBA-M.

View attachment bugsave.sav

View attachment bugsave.sgm

EDITED: you might be right because this will not happen with vba 1.7 and 1.8 i have tested.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for the information and the save file. I tested it with VBA and BGB but couldn't replicate the bug, so it's probably related to the emulator. I'm not sure which version of VBA I have (since I barely use it anyway) but must be an old one (it's not VBA-M). Might be a emulator timing issue of trying to read VRAM data when it's not accessible or whatever. I guess if you were curious you could test other GB/C games with that emulator to see if you experience the same issues.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I specifically made an account to say how great this hack is! I really appreciate the work you've put into this game and hope you continue making great hacks! By the way, this game is very challenging and is a refreshing update to one of my favorite games as a kid.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    This hack was an amazing experience. Not only challenging, but made a great game thanks to new events, locations etc. I must admit, after finishing Crystal 10 years ago, thanks to this game I could finally see reconstructed Viridian Forest <3 That totally stole my heart ^^'

Years
  • Hey, sorry if this is a dumb question: Misty is out of her gym and I can't get to Vermilion because there's a bunch of trees in the way. I've been to the cape and she's not there with her boyfriend. Is this the end of the hack? I thought it was finished?

Years
  • Hey, sorry if this is a dumb question: Misty is out of her gym and I can't get to Vermilion because there's a bunch of trees in the way. I've been to the cape and she's not there with her boyfriend. Is this the end of the hack? I thought it was finished?
    That's not the end of the hack, as it is fully finished. It's just that you need to do something else before Misty appears.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2018
    Thanks for the information and the save file. I tested it with VBA and BGB but couldn't replicate the bug, so it's probably related to the emulator. I'm not sure which version of VBA I have (since I barely use it anyway) but must be an old one (it's not VBA-M). Might be a emulator timing issue of trying to read VRAM data when it's not accessible or whatever. I guess if you were curious you could test other GB/C games with that emulator to see if you experience the same issues.

Thanks.

excuse for my late reply, i just spent much time in finish the pokedex :o

I also tested Gold/silver/crystal(w/o hack patch) with same emulator,the glitch can also be found in offical crystal rom too, so pretty sure something wrong between crystal(U) and this emulator. By the way I cant run all GSC(japanese version) in this emulator too
    Thank you so much{XD}

One more question, you said that
    Pokedex completion is possible

is this include Celebi or not? There is an event to catch? ( I dont think i can get the GS ball ingame to activate the offical celebi event )

Thanks again.:)

Years
  • is this include Celebi or not? There is an event to catch? ( I dont think i can get the GS ball ingame to activate the offical celebi event )
    Yes, there is an event to catch Celebi in Johto that involves the GS ball. The "secret" lies in Olivine City...

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2018
    Yes, there is an event to catch Celebi in Johto that involves the GS ball. The "secret" lies in Olivine City...

lol...get it now

I just suppose i need do something in battle tower or S.S. Aqua before :3c

Back