• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pyrite

Years
  • Hey, your hack is perfect! But, buying TM30 Shadow Ball from Celadon GC crashes the game/emulator (My OldBoy!). I already have the TM... but I just thought id let you know.

Thanks for the report. I will look into it. Did it happen only with TM30 (assuming you had already bought any other TM)

What about Egg Moves? I want to know if the move tutor can teach Rock Slide to Marowak

Marowak cannot get Rock Slide by level up or GSC TM (only by breeding), and Rock Slide was a TM in RBY, however weirdly it cannot learn Rock Slide by TM in RBY

Really enjoy playing this hack. I've been addicted to this for a while now. The difficulty is just right.

If it couldn't learn it in RBY by TM then it won't learn it with the move tutor. Also, if it learns it as an egg move, then the move tutor won't teach it either. So that's two conditions that aren't met.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2016
    I've restarted the game and i dont know if its a bug or something but when I battle Pryce in the 7th gym He has a chikorita in level 5 (so easy btw) and then a dewgong in level 155! (Yes, 155).

That doesnt happened the first time i've play pyrite version, but i just want to notice it.

Btw I have a question, where can i catch articuno, moltres or zapdos?

Attachments

• Pokemon Pyrite
      Screenshot_2016-03-11-14-36-00.png
      41.6 KB · Views: 22
    • Pokemon Pyrite
      Screenshot_2016-03-11-14-36-47.png
      28.8 KB · Views: 21
    Years
  • I've restarted the game and i dont know if its a bug or something but when I battle Pryce in the 7th gym He has a chikorita in level 5 (so easy btw) and then a dewgong in level 155! (Yes, 155).

That doesnt happened the first time i've play pyrite version, but i just want to notice it.

Btw I have a question, where can i catch articuno, moltres or zapdos?

dafuq. Did you download a newer version of the hack since the first time where you didn't experience the glitch? What emulator where you using? If you go challenge him again, does he keep using the glitchy team? This is really weird, so any further information would help I guess.

The legendary birds can be found nearly the end of the Kanto adventure, but not before that.

And I also have to look into the shadow ball thing before I forget.

Years
  • I've finally gotten around fixing the Shadow Ball bug in the Celadon game corner. While I was at it, I also fixed a native bug from G/S/C where the HP bar was updating reasonably slower than it should during a battle. Given the high amount of high leveled pokemon, I'm pretty sure this fix will be more that noticeable!

If you're currently playing Pokemon Pyrite, you could either keep playing your current version if you don't care about either bug, redownload the ips patch that has been now updated, or apply the bug fixes by yourself with a hex editor like this:
    - Shadow Ball fix: Write B8 0B 03 starting from address 7272B
    - HP bar fix: Write 7B C1 D1 E1 starting from address D723 (this fix also works for the original Pokemon Crystal)

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
    Years
  • Just finished the main game. What a ride it was. I maintain all I said in my previous post. Congratulations.

I'll now go for a full Pokédex - the first time I ever do that in an environment where it's actually possible. It's quite a bit of a challenge, considering the lack of a location database (say, for fishing). I did smile when I realized how to get the starters, though. Can you just confirm if time of the day-based Pokémon remain the same; say, Delibird still show up at night?

Years
  • Thanks! Yes, the majority of Pokemon still appear at the same time of day as in the original, because it just make sense that they show up at that time. This probably isn't true for every single Pokemon, but it's for the vast majority. For example, Delibird can show at any time of day, although it's very rare. I don't want to release information about how to obtain every single Pokemon, but if you're having trouble with some mon in particular, feel free to ask. Good luck!

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
    Years
  • Well, I did it. Got 'em all. My first diploma. Perhaps a lesser one for being in a hack, but... who cares :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    The one Pokémon I'm looking for is Shellder - is it still fishable in Newbark Town? Or should I look elsewhere?

EDIT: I only have access to a Good Rod right now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The one Pokémon I'm looking for is Shellder - is it still fishable in Newbark Town? Or should I look elsewhere?

EDIT: I only have access to a Good Rod right now.

You can find Shellder in Olivine Port by using a good rod, and if I remember correctly New Bark Town uses the same fishing data table so it should be there too.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    Cool - I got myself Celebi now (And Cloyster) =D

I'm a little worried that I gave Politoed Thief because I really want to remove it for Ice Punch/Beam later; is there a way I can get that TM again or some other way to get this move on my Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    dafuq. Did you download a newer version of the hack since the first time where you didn't experience the glitch? What emulator where you using? If you go challenge him again, does he keep using the glitchy team? This is really weird, so any further information would help I guess.

The legendary birds can be found nearly the end of the Kanto adventure, but not before that.

And I also have to look into the shadow ball thing before I forget.

This very same glitch has occured to me as well, but not in this hack. It was in my own Pokemon Crystal hack. Thats what i call weird.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    Where is Lapras at? A guy in the Union Cave says there's a roar during the weekends, but I'm not seeing Lapras there on Friday (like the original), or on Saturday or Sunday...

Is it in the same spot as the original? Or is there something else to do?

Years
  • Cool - I got myself Celebi now (And Cloyster) =D

I'm a little worried that I gave Politoed Thief because I really want to remove it for Ice Punch/Beam later; is there a way I can get that TM again or some other way to get this move on my Pokémon?

Unfortunately that's the only way to get any Pokemon know Thief as far as I remember.

Where is Lapras at? A guy in the Union Cave says there's a roar during the weekends, but I'm not seeing Lapras there on Friday (like the original), or on Saturday or Sunday...

Is it in the same spot as the original? Or is there something else to do?

Thought I had gotten rid of that text but now I see I didn't... Anyway, it's no longer there. It now appears as a wild Pokemon somewhere else.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    Thought I had gotten rid of that text but now I see I didn't... Anyway, it's no longer there. It now appears as a wild Pokemon somewhere else.

Is it in Johto? And to narrow it down without giving it away, do I need whirlpool and/or waterfall to get to it?

Edit: Also, surfing or rod? I'm guessing surfing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2021
    This hack is awesome. It's the Crystal I've always wanted to play.
    I've reached 15 badges and a nice lv90ish team.
    Just one question: Why Jolteon doesn't learn thunderbolt?? It's to increase difficulty or just an oversight?
    EDIT: the second trainer in blue's gym has an Hypno that uses only Nightmare, against my Machamp. Looks like a bug, but i'm not sure.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This hack is awesome. It's the Crystal I've always wanted to play.
    I've reached 15 badges and a nice lv90ish team.
    Just one question: Why Jolteon doesn't learn thunderbolt?? It's to increase difficulty or just an oversight?
    EDIT: the second trainer in blue's gym has an Hypno that uses only Nightmare, against my Machamp. Looks like a bug, but i'm not sure.

I'm glad you liked it!

Probably not but I'm sure it still gets Thunder doesn't it? You can have the move tutor teach it Thunderbolt. It's for neither reason, it's just beacause I was fine with it that way. Raikou doesn't learn Thunderbolt by level either and I'm sure there are a bunch of elelctrics that doesn't learn Thunder by level.

That Hypno probably had some sort of Hypnosis/Nightmare/Dream eater/whatever moveset and your machamp had a status condition and couldn't do anything to it. Also there's a bug in the originals where AI favors Nightmare against any status and not just sleep but I reckon I fixed it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    Yes, it is in Johto. The Pokedex is your friend :)

I haven't seen it yet, so no luck with the Pokedex...

I'm currently about to battle Team Rocket in Mahogany town. I'm thinking that I need to get to the seafood islands, seems like it'd live there....

By the way, I wanted to say thank you for the best Pokemon game-much less hack-I have ever played. The difficulty, movesets, leveling... Couldn't ask for better.

Kudos to you, good sir!!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    Hello guys,

Please tell me where I should go from Erutreak City? On the right side of city there are some trees to cut and water. On the left side there are Rockets who block the entrance to the Olivine City. Actually I have HM Flash and Cut and 4 badges.

I'm a bit lost, anyone can help me?

Thanks a lot,
    Rafal

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    Hello guys,

Please tell me where I should go from Erutreak City? On the right side of city there are some trees to cut and water. On the left side there are Rockets who block the entrance to the Olivine City. Actually I have HM Flash and Cut and 4 badges.

I'm a bit lost, anyone can help me?

Thanks a lot,
    Rafal

If you haven't beaten Morty, head north to the burned out tower and complete that; he'll head back afterwards. About in the middle of town is a dance hall, where like the original, a guy inside will give you surf after you beat everyone. You need the badge in order to use surf, which will let you go to the right of town towards Mahogany Town. You have to clear up the whole mess in THAT town before Team Rocket will stop blocking Olivine City. It's designed to prevent you from going to Olivine City first, giving the game a more linear path than the last one.

Edit: Huh, totally just noticed that most of the towns are named after trees... Well, I feel stupid.

Back