• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ranger is hard.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Has anybody else had as much difficulty with the first one as I did?

Mainly, my problem was that DAMN ENTEI. Suicune drains Plusle/Minun's energy, so that's out of the picture. Luckily I had captured a Vaporeon and a Gengar beforehand...

I've captured the Regis as well, if you're wondering. Though I hadn't captured Snorlax... is he hard?

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • Yup. I thought the 1st was reallyhard.

The legendaries dogs, and that Charizard :/

Snorlax isn't that hard.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Charizard was pretty easy, actually. You just need to charge your Minun up and paralyze it.

Did I forget to mention Salamence?

I hated Salamence. He took 24 circles to capture, and... uuugggh. You couldn't even touch it.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • Well, you had to paralyze it when those little nasty eruption bombs weren't on the ground which was like 1/10th of the time -_-

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate Pokemon Ranger with a passion. I'm at the Flygon and I don't intend to go any farther than that. Kudos to you all that have clearly gone farther than I ever want to go in that game. But yes, difficult game. However, I do like the music when you're trying to capture a Pokemon. Catchy.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I liked the ranger games =D

I'm only about half way through the second one, but the first was actually quite easy. ('cept for steelix -_- )
    All you have to do on entei is draw one or two loops around it, wait for the bubble thing to pop, then draw one or two loops around it again. Entei won't have a chance to react at all, and you'll be charging up the paralysis thing-y. I still haven't gotten all the pokes yet, though. Stupid water challenge in summer town! >=(

EDIT: OH YES AND I FORGOT TYRANITAR!
    That was what almost made me give up on the game...
    I didn't play it for about a year, and then when I decided to pick it up again I got it on the second try.
    (I guess you can manipulate beginner's luck xD )

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    I hate Pokemon Ranger with a passion. I'm at the Flygon and I don't intend to go any farther than that. Kudos to you all that have clearly gone farther than I ever want to go in that game. But yes, difficult game. However, I do like the music when you're trying to capture a Pokemon. Catchy.

The game's not that hard. My touch screen sucks and I'm still able to beat most of the bosses.

The entire game is sort of like the Alien fight in Megaman 2 where you had to use the Bubble Lead or you'd heal the alien's health. If you didn't have any Bubble Lead left, you were f***ed. Likewise, without the proper ability, the Pokemon are pretty much screwed. Figure out their weakness, though, and they drop like flies.

The Go Rock Squad theme was pretty catchy too.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Charizard and the dogs were hard.......

Snorlax isn't that hard but he sorta takes a long time to catch.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I havent played the first game before but ive played the second one and some parts were really annoying. Lots of people think the first one was harder than the second one but I cant clarify that because I have never seen or even played it before.

Years
  • The first game was easy, except for that damn Steelix. He was the hardest part of the game for me, and I've beaten it several times. The second one was a lot more fun though, and I really liked the new capture system. It made things a lot easier.

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
  • Ugh, agreed.
    It was quite a transition from the first Pokemon Ranger game to the sequel, Shadows of Almia.
    I was expecting something just as hard, if not harder, than the first game.
    But it was so insanely easy. I laughed so hard.

Now the PMD games are another story. Can someone say addiction? 8]

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I restarted my game which I have no idea why but I'm up to the mission where your in this room with the red titles and if you step on one, of the people come out and kick you out its frustrating >=[

:t354:TG

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
  • I beat both of them without any trouble.

Well ... The dungeon full of Gyarados in the first was annoying and the Ice Castle in the second was like a big fat maze.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • The first Ranger Game was devilish, particularly when you find yourself going up against the legendary trio and the Larvitar family - those captures were akin to being impossible. The Boss Pokemon were genuinely difficult in my opinion (Damn Steelix).

Shadows of Almia had its moments, but on the whole it just didn't seem to have the bite cranked up to the level of the first game.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The first Ranger Game was devilish, particularly when you find yourself going up against the legendary trio and the Larvitar family - those captures were akin to being impossible. The Boss Pokemon were genuinely difficult in my opinion (Damn Steelix).

Shadows of Almia had its moments, but on the whole it just didn't seem to have the bite cranked up to the level of the first game.
    And I thought that it was only me who had trouble playing the first game! XD
    The tyranitar fight was really devilish! The legendary beasts were hard too but I really don't know why, I felt that Charizard was also hard on the first try. If one can beat the first game then one can easily beat the second one. Shadows of Almia had a really good storyline though!

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Muk, Steelix, Charizard and the 3 dogs were a killer! ;_;

But eventually I reached the end of the game.
    You have no idea how happy I was. XD

I would like to try Shadows of Almia though. :P

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • Ranger 1:
    Really, the only two Pokemon that REALLY gave me trouble were Charizard and Rayquaza. Rayquaza is somewhat evil to me. It was good nonetheless though.

SoA:
    Much easier than the first one, especially with the new capture system. I just wish a few of the bosses were harder though.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Ranger 1:
    Really, the only two Pokemon that REALLY gave me trouble were Charizard and Rayquaza. Rayquaza is somewhat evil to me. It was good nonetheless though.

SoA:
    Much easier than the first one, especially with the new capture system. I just wish a few of the bosses were harder though.

Charizard was hard. But I didn't had that many problems with Rayquaza though. Even Entei was a little(Well not LITTLE XD) hard for me.

SoA: I agree completely with you. It was easy.

Back