• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rangers: Kanto Legacy (PG-13)

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
  • Pokemon Rangers: Kanto Legacy OOC (PG-13)

THIS RP IS NOT DEAD
    September 8, 2010

FEEL FREE TO SIGN-UP

Update (September 8, 2010): Sorry I haven't been updating for a while, but anyways, the RP has officially begun! There's still 7 spots left.​
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Kanto region is in big crisis. The government of the region has already assigned professional Pokemon trainers to find out the root cause of this crisis but unfortunately, they weren't good enough. That's why the PRA or Pokemon Rangers Association has established Pokemon Ranger Bases all throughout the whole Kanto Region.

The problem: since Pokemon rangers are new to the citizens of the Kanto Region, and the Rangers of Fiorre and Almia have problems of their own, the PRA has been having a hard time recruiting Pokemon Rangers.

That is why the PRA has prepared a simple test to find out who has the potential to become a Pokemon ranger. You find out about the test and fortunately, you have knowledge about Pokemon Rangers. You give it a shot. The next day, you receive a letter.

It read:

Dear (insert name here),

We have studied your performance on the Ranger Test and we are very glad to say that you have passed the exam. We have included a seperate package containing your very own Rookie Styler, a manual, a Ranger Badge, and your official Ranger uniform. Also, please come here, wearing your proper Ranger unform, to the PRA Main Office Kanto Branch, in Celdon City, so that we may discuss who your choice Partner Pokemon will be and also your base assignment. Note that, your Rookie Styler has not yet been activated for security reasons. We will activate it as soon as you arrive here in our office. Again, congratulations and have a good day.

See you soon,
    Chairperson Teijii

(There are four bases throughout the whole region: the Viridian Base, Cerulean Base, Saffron Base, and the Cinnabar Island Base)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mission:
    Spoiler:

Quests:
    Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign-up form-

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Accepted:
    Spoiler:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You receive another letter:

Dear (insert name here),
    We would like to inform you about the rules to be applied once you become an official Ranger:

1. Treat fellow Pokemon Rangers nicely (no flaming)
    2. Don't boss anyone around unless you are their Ranger Base's Leader (no bunnying)
    3. Please be careful with your captures. Remember, YOUR CAPTURE STYLER IS NOT INVINCIBLE. (No GodModding)

We are hoping for you to comply to these rules. Violation of the said rules will result to the confiscation of your Capture Styler and Ranger Badge.

Hoping for your cooperation,
    Chairperson Teijii

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to clarify some things, capturing Pokemon as a Ranger will go like this:

-The ranger will signal his/her styler to release its Capture Disc (saying "Capture On" or something)
    -He/She forms loops with the Styler making the Capture Disc spin around the Pokemon while leaving behind a blue line
    -If the Pokemon attacks, it hits the line and makes the disc fly back into the styler, which will then emit smoke. The more the line is hit, the more smoke it emits
    -If the Pokemon is captured successfully, the line will close in on the Pokemon and it will glow
    -PokeAssists will work as if it was a battle / To help restraint the Pokemon from doing attacks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will also assign missions and Base Leaders can make quest for their Ranger Bases to make this RP less boring. There are also weekly quests posted and they are by ranks. I have added Ranger ExP (RExp) to make this RP interesting:

S Rank Quests can only be done by Ranger ranked 10. They are the toughest quests given weekly. They may also involve Legendaries. (+1000 RExP)
    A Rank Quests can only be done by Rangers ranked 6 and above. It has a small chance of getting Legendaries involved. (+500 RExP)
    B Rank Quests can only be done by Rangers ranked 3 and above. May involve rampaging Pokemon and other quests that are moderately difficult. (+300 RExP)
    C Rank Quests can only be done by Rangers ranked 1 and above. (+150 RExP)
    D Rank Quests can be done by the beginning rangers and up. They are the easiest and are given to help the beginning Ranger reach Rank 1 faster. (+100 RExP)

Weekly missions will give you +1500 RExP, so be sure to complete them to help you get your ranks up faster.
    Quests given by Base Leaders will also give you RExP, depending on its difficulty.

To reach a specific rank, you have to accumulate enough RExP:

Rank 10 = 100 000 RExp
    Rank 9 = 80 000 RExP
    Rank 8 = 60 000 RExP
    Rank 7 = 40 000 RExP
    Rank 6 = 20 000 RExP
    Rank 5 = 10 000 RExP
    Rank 4 = 5 000 RExP
    Rank 3 = 3 000 RExP
    Rank 2 = 2 000 RExP
    Rank 1 = 500 RExP

Also, there is a surprise if anyone ever reaches 1 000 000 RExP :D

Your Styler will also be replaced according to your rank:

You receive the Rookie Styler! (Beginning Ranger. The green one. This is the Styler you receive in the package. You won't be able to use any PokeAssist for now, aside from your Partner)

You receive the Capture Styler!
    (Rank 1-5. Leftmost, next to the Rookie Styler. Now you're able to use PokeAssists)

You receive the Fine Styler! (Rank 6-9. Right side of the Rookie Styler. You can charge up the power of your Disc)

You receive the Top Styler! (Rank 10. Rightmost, next to the Fine Styler. The best Styler there is. You can use Ranger Signs with this, but you have to have encountered the Legendary you are going to summon. Other signs that doesn't summon Legendaries are here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I'm open to any comment/suggestions. Just PM me.

Last edited:

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • ((Ooc: I don't mean to revive it if this is a dead thread... But I'd just like to say that I am interested...))

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • Name: Dizzy Sulliven

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Hometown/Region: The town of Pallet; Kanto

Appearance:

Her hazel eyes add color to her dark tanned skin and shoulder length brunette hair. Dizzy's hair is parted to the left side, allowing her cropped bangs to jet down at a slant over half of her oval face. Aside from the bangs, her hair is tied down in loose pig-tails that rest down in front of her shoulder bones. Despite the hot weather of the island, Dizzy wears a loose black hoody that sags down exposing a white tank top on her chest. Dark green short shorts end just before the upper middle of her thighs and on her feet are brown flip-flops, size six.

A couple of scrapes line her knees and elbows; this shows that she has fallen down quite a few times. Both her finger nails and toe nails are painted black, but it is nothing that is too special. PokéBalls rest at her right hip, four of them.

Background:

She left her family at the age of ten to explore the world of Pokémon. It was tradition that a child at the young age of ten begin their Pokémon journey. Dizzy had always dreamed of being a Pokémon sketch artist -- pencil, charcoal and conté crayon were typical mediums to help her with her passion. The short, tanned girl discovered how beautiful Pokémon were when in their natural environment when she one day was sitting outside. She stared blankly at the canvas; it was clear that Dizzy was suffering from every artist's nightmare, "block". She tapped the charcoal pencil against her chin, eyes glazed over in thought when suddenly a Rattata sprung out before her. It was nibbling on a berry and the way that the sun was setting in the sky emphasized the deep purple coloration of the Rat's body.

She got ready the morning of the Pokémon signing, eager to see which Pokémon that would be her best friend for the rest of her time. When she showed up, the Professor looked flushed with a face of sorrow. It appeared he was out of Pokémon, and disliked granting the bad news to "late" wanna-be trainers. Dizzy was determined to become a Pokémon sketcher, but without a companion, she wouldn't be able to travel; she pleaded for the Prof. to grant her six Pokéballs and a Pokédex. He complied, and she immediately rushed out. She'd failed at catching four Pokémon: Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow and Caterpie, but the fifth Pokémon encounter was no where close to the same outcome. Pelting the red and white orb at a sleeping cat, it seemed to be absorbed; the ball didn't twitch once, Meowth was caught.

From then on out, it was Dizzy's deepest desire to capture "Legendaries" and "Rarities" not in a ball, but in her sketch pad. The opportunity of becoming a Pokémon Ranger just could not be passed up as it would allow her to adventure and discover. It was a number one priority to attempt this goal.

After applying to become a Pokémon Ranger, her and her Pokémon set out to being their biggest journey yet. They had her go through some rigorous tests to find out her strengths and weaknesses. They had recommended that she give it her all, and place her full potential for the best results, but Dizzy didn't really care to take this test seriously. She answered their questions, assuming she wouldn't be placed in any way, and successfully avoided what is called "Test Anxiety". After all was said and done, she walked out without any sense of nervousness. A day had passed when she received a letter in the mail. She had been accepted.

Personality:

Open-minded and optimistic, Dizzy is always on the move and searching for new answers. This mystery leaves her both shaken and eager, though she doesn't have much experience with Pokémon battling she aims to master it. With her love of art, she looks forward to sketching out an intense battle scene and logging every bit of this mystery. Headstrong, she seldom will give up something she has started.

She is both kind and generous, her friends would describe her as easily manipulated. She can attach herself to new people with ease and always speaks her mind, earning her the title "easy to talk to". She'll attempt to delve into somebody's life and past, consuming it as if she is a succubus whom feeds on the backgrounds of other humans.

Ranger Base: Cerulean Base

Partner Pokemon:
    Meowth (Nicknamed Slick)

RP sample: (Will update soon, sorry!)

Ranger Badge Symbol:
    ((Added the Persian headress as well. Hope you like it (: Didn't take that long to make!))
    Dizzy's badge is based on Meowth's head-dress; the money coin that rests on his head. shrouded in black, the coin is a contrasting yellow that sits in the center. The yellow portion of the badge sticks out as the black has been whittled away, this is to add dramatic effect and to resemble Meowth's prized coin to a t.

Last edited:

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • I've always wanted to be a Pokemon Ranger, I'll set up an SU (Assuming this isn't dead...)

Tadaah! It's nearly finished, I just need to do my RPG sample.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • GrifSpark, reserved. Just be sure to finish your Sign-Up as soon as possible.

Can't wait to start this RP.

But few people have signed up yet.

I'm gonna wait for 5 to get accepted, then we start the RP.
    I have made the quests, first mission and everything we need to kick off this RP. We just need Rangers...

Last edited:

IceFireLighnting

Name: Celia Samantha Walters
    Nicknames: "Pitch"(most common--please use after Cici); "Cici" (start out with this for a couple of posts of knowing my character)
    Ethnicity: Italian/French/British (heh...like me...)
    Hometown/Region: Saffron City, Kanto

Appearance(Am I allowed to make a list?):
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 100 lbs.
    Eye Color: Blue
    Hair:
    Natural Color: Black
    Current Color: Honey Blonde
    Style: Just pulls back in a ponytail that goes don to her waist. She doesn't allow herself bangs, as it seems unruly.
    General Appearance: Small ears and nose, small hands and feet. Legs fit her torso, arms reach the middle of her theighs.

Personality: Celia was raised under strict rules, so she is strict herself. She keeps herself limited and whenever people are around her she freaks if they do anything against the rules. That leads to antisociality and shyness. She follows all rules, is honest, and can tell if people are lying. Just like her mom. She learned to be relaxed, however, but she still follows rules and all that. She'd make a great leader if she weren't so antisocial. Celia also hates messes and...is a clean freak.
    So, basically, ya got a relaxed goody-goody-neat-freak. Hah. Ironic.

History:
    Celia was born and raised in an apartment building in Saffron City. She was an only child, her father was high ranking in Silph Co., and her mother was a very strict stay-at-home-mom. Celia was not allowed past the edge of the neighborhood, as that was the only "safe" place in Saffron City, as her mother said. She had been a teacher before her...firing...but, with her husband's job, they got by. Anyway, she had been a teacher, so she decided to homeschool Celia. She taught her everything that she knew, from Potions to Revives to Status ailments.

As a result, Celia turned out as a smart, strict girl with no rough edges. She received a Mareep the first day after her graduation from home schooling, a.k.a., her 13th birthday. She was so excited...and her parents finally let her leave the neighborhood. She went to go challenge the gym, way in over her head, when she saw the mailman 7 his Delibird walk by. "Hey, Dante. Hey, Snowball. I have any mail?" asked Celia. "Yeah," said Dante, and he had Snowball hand her the letter. "Thanks, Dante. You two, Snowball. Heere's an Oran Berry as a tip. Here's yours, Dante. Bye!" She opened the letter, not paying any attention to anything else.

"Ranger exam?" she asked herself. 'Oh! Yeah, I took the Exam. Thankfully, it was right next to Silph. And...I PASSED! M-hm, oh yeah! And...I'm Leader of the City's Base?! YAY!" Celia ran home to tell her parents. They thankfully approved, and she ran to the Ranger Base, Readier than ever.

Ranger Base: Saffron City

Partner Pokemon: Mareep (nicknamed "Star" because of the star in the middle of her little orbs.)

Ranger Badge: It's really just a circle in shape, but the design in the middle is...unique. Well, first off, everything but the design are navy blue. Now to the design. It's a yellow star in the middle with its five arms extending in lightningbolts to the edge of the badge. The blue areas between the arms are where the ranks go, and a different one lights up depending on what rank you are. 1 and 6 are on the bottom left, 2 and 7 are on the top left, 3 and 8 on the top right, 4 and 9 on the bottom right, 5 and 10 on the bottom.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah, Rangers... Trainers with style. Or should I say "Styler"? Eh? Eh? ... Sorry...

Look! A distraction disguised as an SU!

Name: Mervin "Meat" Aday

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Hometown/Region: Viridian City, Kanto

Appearance: Mervin is a tall man with brown eyes and short red hair. He is 6'4" (6'5" if you count his spiked hair), and weighs 300 lbs. Mervin wears an orange Hawaiian shirt over a white tank top, hoping the silly shirt will offset his intimidting size. He wears loose black slacks and sandals, with a pair of sunglasses on his head to complete the image.

Personality: Meat may be big, but he's a gentle, slow guy. He enjoys being outside, and likes birds. He is smarter than people give him credit for, and had an encyclopedic knowledege of Pokemon types and a near eidetic memory.

Background: Mervin was born in Viridian City, and was raised as a laborer. He worked alongside his mother's Machoke at her moving company, and worked with his father's Pinsir at his lumber operation. He was given tghe nickname "Meat" because of his large size and dull expression, leading people to believe he was just dumb muscle. His dream was to become a rancher, and work in the field.

He was given a Squirtle for his fifteenth birthday by the local professor after moving some heavy machinery for him. He trained it to use water techniques, which it used to provide refreshment during a long workday.

When the Ranger test came around, he decided he would take the first steps towards his ranch by learning to capture Pokemon without Pokeballs. He was pleasantly surprised that he passed, and signed up for the Viridian Base.

Ranger Base: Viridian Base

Partner Pokemon: Squirtle ♂ (Nickname Cantort)

RP sample: Pending...

Ranger Badge Symbol: A green turtle shell with a tree and a purple flag atop it.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • Nukoe, GrifSpark, IceFireLightning and Godzil.

I wouldn't be asking for your RP samples anymore since I have seen some of your RPing in other RPs. So, technically, you are all accepted. But IceFireLightning, I still need your History.
    (I'd just be asking for you to place your "prolouge" in the RP section before we officially start)

I'll be putting up my character form right away and we shall be starting the RP once each of the bases have already one ranger each.

Just a little bit more!

I can't wait to finally start this RP...

MY SIGN UP FORM

I think the history is too long...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Woot, accepted :)
    Great, now I need to think of something else to fill this space so it doesn't appear to be a spam message. Oh, wait, that could work.

*Checks the accepted list*
    Hey...
    *Kicks feet up onto the desk*
    Woot, I'm a base leader! :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Crystal Rivera

Hometown/Region: Hearthome City, Sinnoh

Physical Appearance: Crystal has straight, black hair, amethyst eyes, a slightly tan complexion, and though she appears somewhat small for her age, she is surprisingly strong and agile.

Personality: Crystal is headstrong, and willing to do any mission assigned to her, no matter the difficulty. She likes doing all things with style, and is fond of befriending all Pokemon.

History: Crystal grew in Hearthome City, and her mother is a friend of Fantina. Because of this, she often trained her Pokemon, a Ralts named Galen, with a few of the gym trainers and even with the leader herself, and is fond of battling, especially with Psychic-types and in contests. She also took daily walks in Amity Square, befriending many of the Pokemon, a useful skill for Rangers. All of her qualities match up with the requirements of a Ranger, making her a perfect candidate.

Ranger Base: Saffron City

Partner Pokemon: Ralts

RP sample: "This is it," Crystal said, as she entered the arena, excited to become a Pokemon Ranger. When a message came to Fantina, the gym leader of Hearthome City, from the Ranger Union calling for candidates to take a test to become a Ranger, Crystal immediately expressed her wishes to become a Ranger, and signed up for the test, quite excited. As the day of testing finally came, she arrived at the venue quite early, sailing from Sinnoh two days before with her friend Galen, a Ralts. Holding her first stylus, even if it was only for the test, she felt a feeling of adventure. Capturing each Pokemon with ease, and even getting multiple captures at once, she aced the exam, and received a letter of acceptance from the Ranger Union itself.

Ranger Badge Symbol: (I see there's already a leader, so I'll pass, even if I already had something planned. ^^)

Last edited:

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • Name: Aristo Ortega

Ethnicity: White

Hometown/Region: Olivine City/Johto

Physical Appearance: Aristo stands 5'10", and weighs 150 lbs. He has a regular shaped head in comparison to his body. He has emerald eyes that show specks of gold in the left corner. His has blonde-brown hair that comes down into his eyes and covers his large, pointed ears. He has small muscle tone in his upper body with little definition on his arms, and a small six pack. His chest is the same with little tone. He has a large butt for his size that shows through his jeans. His thigh muscles are also large in relation to his body, and his calves are built to run for miles. He has a slightly large foot wearing a size twelve shoe.

Personality: Aristo is a calmed, relaxed sort of person who is outgoing, and drives for success. He is very protective to the ones he loves standing up in the face of danger. He sometimes blows his top, but that is a rare thing if he does. Although he has his open side, he also has his dark side. He is very mischievous, and will steal anything that will keep him alive. He is also very playful and will be your friend if you are willing to accept him for who he really is. His way of self confidence is to talk to himself telling himself everything is fine, and he will prevail from any situation he is in. Although, he may look shy on the outside, he is anything but that on the inside being optimistic and positive.

History: Aristo was born in Olivine City to a wealthy family. He had two sisters and one brother. He knew all about pokemon since all his family members battled each other almost every day. One day when he was seven, he and his brother, Eric, were going out to the market when all of a sudden they heard a cry of pain from in the woods. The two ran after the sound, when Eric pulled out a pokeball, threw it up in the air, and out appeared a scyther. The three ran into a clearing to see a little eevee lying helpless under a zangoose. Scyther rushed forward with a nasty fury cutter taking his opponent by surprise. The zangoose stumbled back then rushed after scyther. While he was running his hand started to turn to a metallic gray color. Every time the zangoose would swipe. The scyther would back up then counter with a hit from one of his scythes. Eventually the zangoose fled leaving the three and the injured evee. Aristo ran to the hurt eevee checking it out. After returning scyther to its ball, Eric knelt beside the creature. He scooped the eevee up and told Aristo that they had to get it to a center.

After taking the eevee to get healed at the pokemon center, they turned to leave when they heard it whimpering. Aristo thought he wanted to go with them so he turned to ask it. Before he could say any words the eevee jumped into his arms and would not go down. Eric told Aristo that he could take it home, but he couldn't train it until he was eleven. Aristo agreed and the three left the center to go home.

The two friends played together all the time, and when the siblings battled, they were always the judges. When he turned eleven, his father gave him a pokeball, and told him that the eevee was now his official pokemon. Aristo, looking down at his partner, was overjoyed that he could now battle his siblings. His sister and her skitty walked up to Aristo and challenged him. After a long battle the skitty won with a nasty blizzard taking the eevee by surprise. The next few days the little eevee would not do anything but lay around. Aristo and his dad tried to get the eevee to move, but it just would not. His dad thought it would be a good idea to battle his aggron and beat it to get its hopes back up. Aristo picked up the eevee and took him to where his father was waiting. The battle was quick since aggron missed every attack on purpose, and eevee was on the spot every time.

After a couple of battles, eevee was tugging at Aristo's pants wanting something. So, for Aristo's fifteenth birthday the eevee got to choose which evolution path it wanted to take. The eevee walked over and touched the green stone with the lightning inside it and immediately turned into a jolteon. His dad told him that now it was evolved he could nickname it. He thought of the origin of his name and went with the greek god of thunder, Zeus.

When he turned seventeen his family got a letter in the mail from the Pokemon Ranger Association. The family decided that Aristo should do something besides sit around and battle his brother over and over again. When Aristo traveled to Kanto with his father, he saw a flyer at Cinnabar Island that they were hosting the exams. After doing that he got a letter a week later that said he did a great job and he was accepted.

Ranger Base: Cinnabar Island

Partner Pokemon: Jolteon, Zeus

RP sample: Pending

Badge: The badge is in the shape of a thundercloud that is dark gray. It has a golden lightning bolt in the middle. The edging of the cloud is the same color as the bolt, but on the inside of that a white line hits both the gray and the gold. Protruding from the top, two Jolteon ears appear looking alert and ready for anything that comes at it.

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • Ash_Ketchum123 said:
    RP sample: ( what you did in the ranger test )(I'd just be asking for the accepted RPers to post a prologue about the ranger test before we officially start the RP)

killet513
    , I don't really need the RP samples anymore, so you're accepted! :D

AngelAquino, I think you still need to buff up your character's history, personality, and appearance. I may be able to accept you if you make it good enough.

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • So I looked up Pokémon Rangers on YouTube and got a better idea of how things go. Hopefully I'll be able to Role-Play more accurately now. (:

Years
  • Good idea, Nukoe. I did the same, and while I'm still confused, I think I can figure it out as we go.

So I'm a base leader, huh? I didn't expect or plan for that! Oh what wacky fun adventures I shall have! As soon as I get an underling, of course!

Back