• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Reality (14+)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Woozy and a bit out of it, I stumble through cans of drinks in my room. My computer table is littered with magazines, cans and other garbage. My desktop humming low, my headphones over my ears as I'm passed out, my arms folded under my head as my head lays by the keyboard.

"One new email!" says a electronic female voice. My eyes open slowly and I yawn, scratching my back.

"Hmm?" I grit my teeth and lick my lips as I yawn again and rub my eyes widening them, my vision a blur a bit since it's late and I had a lot of sugar drinks, bad crash.

I drag my mouse over the bouncing mail icon and click it, the following reads,

"Year: 2112
    To: Whoever Cares

We humans have lived on this Earth for quite a while. We evolved from being the monkeys in the trees to the apes that walk on two legs. We've drastically changed the way the world works, we've killed off many species, etc. The multitude of what we've done as a race is staggering.

We've discovered the secrets of the atom, the bacteria, our bodies, and we're getting close to teleportation technology. But what if Pokemon existed? What if? What would happen if these little creatures of mass destruction co-existed with us?

You're probably laughing at the sheer thought of this idea, correct? Well, this is my reality. This is my life.

A life with Pokemon.

Perhaps I should explain...No, I shouldn't. In these days, you never know who's listening. I'll tell you more later, okay?

If you're interested in helping, at all, please reply to this e-mail.

It may seem like a joke, but believe me, it isn't.

???, signing out."

"Man, woke up for this stuff?" I groan and make a face, "The heck is a Pokyman?" I say out loud and make a grin. I crack my knuckles and start to type on the keyboard,

"If I say I'll help with your pokemans, will you leave me alone?
    'kay, cool, thanks,
    !!!"

I type and send, "So much spam... wait..." and there I look at my computer, something strange is happening, what is it that I'm feeling?

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • -I was sleeping soundly, the room was dark, and my laptop rested on my desk open. I was having a weird dream though, I was falling through some kind of wormhole, totally trippin balls. Suddenly the laptops screen lit u, and a recording of my own voice played loudly."DUDE YOU GOT MAIL, GET UP AND CHECK THIS ****." I rolled off my bed, startled by my own voice. I quickly stood up, squinting at the screen, I pushed enter, and began to read as I put on my cloths, as it was cold in my room.-

We humans have lived on this Earth for quite a while. We evolved from being the monkeys in the trees to the apes that walk on two legs. We've drastically changed the way the world works, we've killed off many species, etc. The multitude of what we've done as a race is staggering.

We've discovered the secrets of the atom, the bacteria, our bodies, and we're getting close to teleportation technology. But what if Pokemon existed? What if? What would happen if these little creatures of mass destruction co-existed with us?

You're probably laughing at the sheer thought of this idea, correct? Well, this is my reality. This is my life.

A life with Pokemon.

Perhaps I should explain...No, I shouldn't. In these days, you never know who's listening. I'll tell you more later, okay?

???, signing out."

"
    Pokemon? Is this thing talking about that game I used to play when I was six? Stupid spam.... Aw what the hell, why not?"

-I typed in four innocent words, not really expecting anything to happen."This sounds like fun" and pressed send, before wandering back to my bed-

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • Daisy Laurent
    #0 – First signs

It was about four o'clock in the afternoon when Daisy Laurent dragged herself back home. It wasn't because she had enjoyed the day, far from it, but it was simply because she was much too tired for her own good. It was a Monday, which just so happened to be Day's least favourite day – no pun intended – of all time. What? She couldn't help it if she had double Science first thing in the morning, even the thought of that began to make her yawn. The only thing keeping Day awake was the blazing sun, meaning that she had to put in some effort to shield her eyes.

Turning to face the door of her house, Daisy slipped her hand inside the pocket of her skirt, and pulled out a tiny silver key. Glancing at it, she was almost blinded by the amount of sunlight reflecting from it, and glaring at her pale-blue eyes. Wincing slightly, she moved her hand forward and placed the key inside the keyhole, and then turned it. With a click, the door unlocked, and the girl stepped inside.

"Salut maman!" yelled Day as she stepped inside, speaking in French, as she often did. It translated into 'Hello mum!', but her mother knew that.

Waiting for a few moments, there was no response. Typical actually, Day was surprised that she hadn't already expected this. Dad was never home at this time, obviously still at work doing whatever it was he did, and then mother would have probably been to pick up Daisy's younger brother from school, but may have stopped at a friends house simply for a chat. It wasn't uncommon though, and it really didn't bother Day. Why should it? They'd be back in about half an hour. In the mean-time, Day had some time to kill. Luckily she'd had no homework, which gave her the whole day just to relax. Parfait!

Almost falling down onto the sofa, Daisy just lay there for a little while, just to get comfortable. After a few seconds, she picked herself back up, and then picked up a small object about the size of a briefcase. Daisy's laptop. She pulled it open, and then lightly tapped the power button, causing the machine to hum softly, and then burst into life. The screen flicked on within seconds, with an array of different colours, and the humming from the laptop slowly changing pitch. Moving the mouse, Day clicked on the short cut which said 'Internet Explorer'. Within seconds though, Day was interrupted as a small icon appeared on the bottom left side of the computer.

'An Email?' she thought, as the icon was clicked, bringing up Day's emails.

All of them had been read, and they ranged from school work to things she planned on doing over the weekend. However, one at the top had yet to be read, and as such, the mouse founds its way clicking the email. Daisy read the E-mail, and in all honesty, it was ridiculous.

¤ ¤ ¤

Year: 2112

A life with Pokemon.

???, signing out.

¤ ¤ ¤

That must have been a joke, mustn't it? Um, Pokemon, real? Somehow, Daisy didn't quite think that was possible. Still, whatever this was, it must have been some kind of spam-email, especially considering the fact that it said it was to 'whoever cares', which Daisy assumed was indeed everyone. Lucky that Daisy spoke English too, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to understand a word of this. Still, whoever sent this seemed pretty adamant that something was wrong, and there could be no harm from humouring this ??? could there?

Daisy clicked the Reply button, and began to type in her response.

¤ ¤ ¤

To: ???

Sounds intriguing.
    Je vais vous aider...

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    It's late, but I'm up anyway. It's nice outside, the stars are bright, and I have a whole gallon of orange juice! I take a swig. "Ah! Take that, scurvy!"

Just as I finish off another mouthful, my phone lights up. I hear the distinctive roar of a famous Japanese monster, signalling a new email. "Oh boy! Mail for me?"

Capping of my juice, I sit down on a rock to read my message. It's pretty strange, but kinda cool.

"Whoever cares? I CARE! How did they know?"

"I thought we evolved from fish."

"That would be pretty great. As long as that Ash kid isn't real."

You're probably laughing at the sheer thought of this idea, correct?

"No."

Well, this is my reality. This is my life.

"Huh?"

A life with Pokemon.

Perhaps I should explain...

"Please do."

No, I shouldn't.

"Aw."

In these days, you never know who's listening. I'll tell you more later, okay?

"Okay!"

???, signing out."

"Well. That was a thing."

I press the "Reply" button. I quickly type out my response, backspacing and correcting mistakes when I see them.

Dear 3Q,

I'm gonna call you 3Q because your name is three question marks, which is pretty unpronounceable.

I care. I really do. Pokemon would be so awesome! I'd like to help, as long as it isn't tomorrow. I have plans. Literally any time after that is cool though.

Thanks for considering me!

Love, Kerri.

"And... send!"

Years
  • I'm on the computer, and just finished another project. What now? Well, it's been a few weeks since I checked my email, so I'd better go empty my mailbox. I sign in, telling it to remember me, but it forgets after three weeks anyway, so why bother?

As I suspected, lots of junk mail. Ads, coupons, emails about that social network I regret joining; all deleted. One from a few days ago catches my eye, just because the date is wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong.

A life with Pokemon.

???, signing out."

Huh. Okay. Time to delete it. But wait. I never do anything online. Everyone I know has a story about an email they replied to. If I do this, I'll have one too. Not that I'll tell anyone, but at least I'll know I did it...

"Hey there, ???.

I'll help out. Your Pokemon problem sounds serious. Just tell me what to do and I'll get right on it."

Why did I do that? I probably just let some hacker know about me. I probably let him in. Just what I needed.

"Crud! That was dumb. This is why I hate technology..."

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 7, 2023
    The university, at ten past eight, was...remarkably quiet: no one was around, apart from a couple of students sitting here and there, their book spread all over the desks. Oh, it wouldn't last, of course, and within half an hour all that silence would have been substituted by the usual, roaring chit-chatting by an hundred students. But not yet.

As such, the "incoming message" bleeping sound was pretty much enough to make me raise his head, looking absently at the screen of my laptop.

A life with Pokemon.

???, signing out.

...ok. This was either a joke, or the work of someone not entirely sane - and I should have thrown it. Pokemon? That was absurd, of course.
    And yet...and yet...I grew with pokemon, you know? Since I was 8, I've played all of them. As such, instead of deleting that mail, I quickly composed an answer, sent with a flick of the mouse.

To: ???

Let's say I'll play along, whoever you are. As I want to have a good laugh, for once, I'm willing to get fooled around a bit. Count me in. :3

Back