• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Region of Orre (M) [IC]

Years
"Sounds like a plan," Seth replied to Iruko, but then rotatied his head speedily as he heard a quiet thud from behind him, he seen the one called Max on the floor near the entrance to the viewing area. "Nice job!" Seth blurted. Charmeleon glanced up to his Trainer, then to Max. "On your battle that is...you alright there? If your lookin' for Yuki he left a couple minutes ago." Seth infomed, getting another questionable look from his Fire Pokemon. Charmeleon then shoke his head and moved to be at the glass yet again, just two more Trainers to analyze. It was obvious by now that Seth's Charmeleon was extreamly calm and level-headed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
Loryn watched onscreen as Max's Emboar dealt the final blow and knocked his opponent's Dragonite out cold. Soon after his victory, the boy ran from the battlefield to go check on his Pokemon that had been previously injured. Loryn gulped; she was up next.

Sure enough, her name flashed up on screen beside someone named Kikiro. Odd name, she thought, before making her way out the door nearby and onto the battlefield with shaky legs. As she stepped onto the dusty ground of the inner Colosseum, her heart skipped a beat. It was huge, and too many fans to count lined the seats that looked down to the field. The crowd cheered as both she and Kikiro appeared and took their places opposite of each other. She inspected her opponent carefully.

Kikiro was tall and lanky, with limbs that looked too long for his body. His hair was jet black and hung in a fringe that almost covered his piercing silver gaze. There was something about him that made Loryn want to hide in a corner. Perhaps it was the dark attitude he seemed to emit. She blinked as she realized he was tossing a pokeball up and down impatiently. "Will you be ready anytime soon?" Kikiro's dull voice called across the field. Loryn nodded shortly and popped a ball off of her belt.

"Hmph. Pidgeot, go!" Kikiro yelled, and the magnificent bird Pokemon appeared in a flash on white light, stretching it's wings with a screech. Loryn smirked, and released the Pokemon from the pokeball in her hand. "Breloom, c'mon out!" Said Pokemob appeared in a battle poise, his eyes narrowed and ready. Kikiro just laughed. "That pathetic thing? Go ahead, take the first move."

"Gladly," Loryn growled under her breath, then more loudly: "Breloom, bullet seed!" Breloom quickly obeyed, and soon tiny shining seeds were speeding in Pidgeot's direction. "Pathetic! Pidgeot, use Peck to destroy the seeds and hit Breloom!"

"Gee-ott!" Pidgeot shrieked, it's beak turning a bright blue as it torpedoed its way through the seeds. Loryn's inwardly cheered; it was exactly what she wanted. As soon as Pidgeot was in close range she yelled: "Now Breloom! Close combat!"

Breloom quickly obeyed, its hands shooting out at a rapid speed and dealing tons of damage to the flying type as he hit it at close range. Pidgeot tumbled back, struggling to stand up. Breloom had taken no damage. "Nice try, but we're just getting started! Pidgeot, double team!" Instantly, Pidgeot divided into several clones that surrounded Breloom.

A confused Breloom looked around with narrowed eyes. "Fine by me! Breloom, use Stone Edge!" Loryn commanded, determination thick in her voice. Breloom was surrounded by sharp jagged stones that were completely under his control, and shot them out in several directions at the clones.

"No Pidgeot! Fly up and dodge!" Kikiro called desperately as the look-alikes dissipated one by one. However, due to the damage taken earlier, Pidgeot was too slow and was hit by the attack. It was the the ground with a thump, and was quickly deemed unable to battle. With a grumble, Kikiro returned his Pokemon. Loryn was speechless. Did I really just do that...?

"Don't think you've won yet! Go Rapidash!" Kikiro yelled as the unicorn-like Pokemon was revealed. Breloom and Loryn alike grinned, a new energy flowing through them. "Don't you worry Kikiro, we're just getting started."

Years
Seth's attention was instantly grabbed by Loryn's entrance, the impatient Kikiro was already standing in his spot. Suddenly Seth's jaw dropped when he seen Loryn send out a Breloom to counter Kikiro's Pidgeot. 'Wh-what really?' He questioned internally, it was a truly gutsy move. His doubts soon vanished however when Breloom managed an easy win agaisnt it's opponent. Kikiro then sent out a Rapidash, 'Going right back to Type advantage, eh? Three guesses who's making their appearence next.' Seth smiled to himself, this was an opportunity for the young Vaporeon belonging to Loryn to gain much battle experience.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I couldn't help, but laugh out loud when Loryn defeated Pidgeot with a pokemon that was at a huge disadvantage. I wondered what he would use next, and my question was answered when a Rapidash appeared.

Interesting, another type disadvantage, I wonder how Loryn will deal with this one?

I continued to watch the battle. Why was I even worried?

My mind went back to the noise I had heard a few minutes ago and I wondered what had happened. I pushed it aside and promised myself I would go check it out, if the answer had not come before the end of Loryn's battle.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
"Okay Breloom, use-" Loryn's command was cut off by a yell across the field. "Flame Wheel!" Kikiro boomed, an evil grin on his face. "Dodge it!" Loryn gasped as the fiery horse sped forward engulfed in fire. Breloom lept upwards quickly but Rapidash followed with a hard kick that sent it jumping upwards and into the grass/fighting type. Breloom flipped backwards to the group with a yelp of pain and crashed to the ground.

"Rapidash, use Stomp!" Kikiro cackled, assuming that he clearly had the upper hand. Loryn's eyes narrowed as the horse's hooves came shooting down toward her Pokemon. "Sky Uppercut!" she cried out suddenly, and Breloom quickly obeyed, it's punch making contact with Rapidash's kick. Neither side would let up, though Loryn noticed Breloom was getting more and more tired with each passing second. There was an explosion as the power from each move hit its max, engulfing the field in smoke.

"Breloom, no!" Loryn yelled as she saw the still flickeing flame from Rapidash's mane standing upright in the field. As the smoke cleared, Breloom was revealed unconscious on the ground. Loryn bit her lip and returned the Pokemon. Her mind raced. Which Pokemon do I use next? she thought as she placed Breloom's pokeball back on her belt. Her hand flew to the first ball.

"Okay Arcanine. Help me out!"

Years
'Arcanine, huh?' Seth sat corrected as Loryn sent out her power house, or so Seth figured. He was a little anxious to see how the Fire dog would fare agaisnt it's matching type opponent. The large dog stood eyeing it's target. Seth lent back in his chair and put his hands behind his head, kicking back to continue to watch Loryn's tactics. 'She claimed to not be that good at battleing, though, she was proving that to be false at this moment.' The match was tied with two Pokemon each. Charmeleon's tail flame flickered and increased in intesity. Watching the two similar Pokemon battle got him itching for another. Though he remained still, hands crossed, as usual.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I watched as Breloom fell to Rapidash. Loryn was lucky enough to be up against a mad man, at least that is what this guy sounded like, who didn't want to hurt pokemon. A memory of me and my sister finding my Blaziken came to mind as Loryn brought her Arcanine out.

5 years ago....
Me and my sister were out looking for a special plant for our parents. Both of us had not yet had a pokemon, yet we braved the wilds outside our home town of Slateport City. It was a very stormy night and we lost our way. As it started to get late, it was impossible to see. Even in Hoenn, it was dangerous to be stuck outside in the ran. My little sister was only 13 at the time and she started coughing. Through out the night, it got worst and worst. At about midnight, we were attacked by a flock of Taillow. We had stumbled to close to their home and they were enraged. I covered my sister with my body as I took the hit of countless attacks. Out of no where, a Torchic had appeared. The Torchic was a different color from normal Torchics. The Torchic used a barrage of attack in order to protect us. After the Taillow were scared off, the Torchic lead us to a cave and made us a fire. Thanks to that Torchic, now a Blaziken, helped us survive the night and then helped us find our way home. The Torchic decided to stay with us and my sister let me have it as my own. On that day, I promised my sister that when she found a pokemon she want, I would personally catch it and let her have it. Shortly after, she told me about Vanillite. When my parents went to Kanto with my sister, I went to Unova and found the pokemon for my sister.

Present Day...
Also on that day, I told her that I would always protect her..... but when she disappeared that day a year ago, I was devastated. And now, I couldn't even catch her today when she called me... I slammed my fist down on one of the chairs.

I promise Gwyn, I will find you! And now that promise I made you so many years ago, I now make to you Loryn. You and her are so much alike... I do not intend to break my promise again! Anyone who dares to get in my way, will pay... I said in my head. The negative energy was filling me again. I quickly pushed it away so it did not take over.

Yeah that's right you damned demon, you will find that I am not easily manipulated. I clenched my fists and then released and the anger that was building, almost disappeared.

I focused my attention back on the battle then I reached for my pokeball. "Blaziken, come and watch this fiery battle!" I said raising my pokeball in the air. The light revealed a dark red Blaziken that sparkled, indicating that it was a shiny. Blaziken stood beside me and crossed his... bird like arms and started to watch with interest.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I kick the gravel in my path until I arive at a distinctly ruddy allyway. the smell hits me as soon as I enter it, but it's very enclosed and not much should happen here. I sit against a few blue tin bins outside some form of resturant, but not much activity seems to be going on. I wait for about 20 minutes, and I've only ever seen one person come out in that time to empty a small bin bag. This area makes me realize how lucky I am living in the east of town. After I while I decide that perhaps I should just call for him, but I don't know his name. Perhaps just 'Demon' would work, but I'm not overly confident tat that will work, if anything it could be an insult, however the man appears before me anyways in it's black cloak. I then realize it as the power to read minds. It has no offensive weapon's otherwise this woul;d be done by force.

"Okay, so you plan to awaken Maya wich involves me sharing my blood at the alter to engulf this world in demons, then you make your big escape and nobody will know. Is that it?" I say this soft and without pitch to my voice. I sound a bit deressed but who gives a damn...

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
Kikiro looked slightly confused as Arcanine appeared from his pokeball with a determined snarl. Loryn figured that a lot of people were thinking the same thing: Why would that fool choose a fire type? Why not a water type, or perhaps a rock or ground type? It was true that she had Pokemon of those types, but she had a plan. And it seemed Kikiro was oblivious as to what it was.

"Erm, well, okay!" Kikiro quickly regained his composure. "We'll just fight fire with fire!" He laughed at her corny pun, but Loryn stood stone faced. Kikiro's laughter quickly died down to his normal, pissed expression as he raised a hand to command Rapidash: "Continuous Flamethrower!" Loryn smirked. Yes!

The fiery horse let loose a stream of intense fire towards Arcanine, who stood his ground through the heat. Kikiro's expression fell to another confused one, but he shook it off. Once he realized his attack wasn't going anywhere, he called it off. Arcanine stood unscratched in the same spot he'd been in the whole time. Loryn stood behind him, trying not to look smug.

"Erm...Okay, if you won't attack, then use Flame Wheel!" Kikiro yelled, his glare worsening in his bewilderment. Rapidash charged forward engulfed in flames, smashing into the unmoving Arcanine at an extreme speed. However, as it stumbled back from its attack, Arcanine still hadn't taken any damage. Kikiro was furious, and screamed out: "Overheat, close range!"

Loryn didn't even try to conceal her grin as Rapidadh's fiery attack hit Arcanine head on, instantly engulfing him in flames. Rapidash panted, worn out from the tiresome attack, and almost fainted in shock as the fires died away to show Arcanine perfectly fine. "What the hell!" Kikiro shrieked. Loryn gazed at him, a wicked glint in her eyes.

"Have you ever heard of the ability 'Flash Fire'? Well, it basically makes Arcanine immune to fire-type attacks while making his stronger. Now Arcanine-" she paused and raised a finger at Rapidash, who was standing stunned before him. "Flare Blitz. Close range."

The attack exploded from Arcanine at such an intensity that Rapidash was knocked out instantly from the hit. As Loryn realized this, she shrieked out: "Arcanine, stop!" The canine obeyed and instantly the flames died down. Rapidash was deemed unable to battle, and Kikiro looked up in defeat. "Looks like I'm down to my last Pokemon," he muttered, looking like he already knew he was going to lose. "C'mon out Abomasnow."

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Maya smiled lightheartedly, her expression richly marveled. That- a- girl! Retain that strong will of yours, and I'm certain you'll triumph in this battle! I'm pleasantly surprised. Though, I can't necessarily say that I hadn't expected such a stellar performance from Loryn. Nevertheless, Loryn sure has proved herself to be quite the contender for the title. Her passionate gaze scrutinized the intensely unfolding match; truth be told, the lingering thrill that she had bore was almost pungently tangible. Loryn, as tact as she was, exquisitely strung a succession of stratagems, further advancing her meteoric triumph, through Arcanine's innate capabilities. Maya intently ruminated upon the thought of exploiting such a well- punctuated tactic. Impressive use of Arcanine's ability! 'Flash Fire' practically renders every fire- oriented assails futile and most importantly, bolsters Arcanine's fighting ability if such attacks ever made direct contact. Way to go, Loryn!

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
Chapter 12: Gone:

Max heard a voice asking him if he was alright as he pulled himself to his feet. Max looked up and around but couldn't make out where the voice had came from, but also he didn't see Yuki.
"If you're lookin' for Yuki he left a couple minutes ago." The voice continued. Max's heart skipped a beat, Yuki had abandoned him. Max felt like crying. He had always lost everyone in his life, first his parents, then his carer and now, his best and only friend. Max held back the tears strongly as he thought to himself 'time to make some friends'. Max looked around and saw where the voice had come from, there was a man with large boots that seemed too big for his feet. Max walked over to him.
"So, I presume you are a friend of Yuki's then?"Max questioned. "My name is Max, it's a pleasure to meet you." He continued before looking down onto the battlefield to see an Arcanine, belonging to Loryn and a Abomasnow which belonged to the opposition. He looked back at the man holding out his hand and offering to shake as he awaited his response.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Very impressive, Loryn. You have this battle in the bag. I smiled at the thought.
I glanced over at Seth and Charmeleon and then at my Blaziken. But you announced it too soon, that is something I would have kept a secrete. Even if the opponent doesn't know what is going on, doesn't mean you have to explain it.

Although I was slightly right at what I was thinking, she is not a person to hide things. At least that is what I have gathered from the little time I have known her.

Blaze Blaziken. Blaziken announced as if he was reading my mind.

I looked over at the entrance of the waiting room and saw the boy named Max enter. I assumed he was looking for Yuki, but Seth had already answered where he was at. I stayed focused on the match.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
Abomasnow appeared in a battle stance, its red eyes glaring at Arcanine across the field. It seemed to know that it was at a severe type advantage, but Loryn could tell it wouldn't give up as easily as its trainer did. Suddenly, Kikiro grinned.

"Rock slide!" he yelled, and gave Loryn a look as to say: This battle isn't over yet! Loryn narrowed her eyes and turned her attention back to Arcanine, who was about to be buried under the rocks that Abomasnow was manipulating. "Quick! Dodge and attack with ExtremeSpeed!"

Arcanine obeyed and raced forward surrounded by a blurring white light. He sidestepped the stones that were dropping around him, each narrowing missing his pounding paws. Abomasnow had little time to react, and instead sheltered its body with its huge arms as it braced for the attack. Arcanine hit it head on and pushed Abomasnow back a few meters.

Kikiro quickly countered, calling out: "Wood Hammer, go!" Abomasnow's arm lit up as he charged two steps forward and smashed Arcanine, who barely had any time to react, into the ground. The move wasn't very effective, but damage was obviously dealt. Loryn swore under her breath as Arcanine struggled to stand.

"Flamethrower!" she yelled.
"Ice Beam!" Kikiro countered.

The two moves hit it the middle, each showing dazzling strength. Loryn clenched her fists. Come on...Come on... Suddenly, Flamethrower engulfed the Ice Beam and shot straight into Abomasnow. The huge Pokemon was shoved into the wall and crumpled to the ground. The referee deemed it unable to battle after a moment. Loryn's jaw dropped, and she ran out to meet Arcanine.

"We won! We won!" she squealed, hugging him close. "Great battle!" she called over to Kikiro, who waved her comment away dismissively. Loryn frowned slightly, but shrugged it off as she walked out of the battlefield, the crowd cheering her name behind her.

~~

After healing her two Pokemon, Loryn made her way back up to the observation area, a huge grin plastered on her face. She chose to keep Arcanine out of his pokeball for now; after all, he deserved the praise he was getting from strangers in the hallways leading up to the room. After a quick glance around, Loryn noticed that Yuki had left. Her heart fell slightly, but other than that she didn't think much of it.

"So Seth, looks like I won our little bet," she grinned, walking over and elbowing his side jokingly. Arcanine frowned at his trainer but said nothing.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I watched the Abomasnow use Rock Slide almost instantly as the battle resumed. I figured that the pokemon probably had a move to cover for his weakness. I also figured that Arcanine had ExtremeSpeed and could easily avoid attacks in that nature. I didn't think for a second Arcanine would lose, but when Kikiro used Ice Beam to counter Flamethrower, it was over.

I looked over at Blaziken. "She may, not look it, but she is going to be a tough opponent if we have to face her."

Blazeiken. Blaziken nodded in agreement.

After a few minutes had passed, Loryn returned with Arcanine still out of its pokeball. She walked over to Seth and elbowed him in the side. I smiled as I sensed Blaziken's excitement rising as he looked at the other two fire types. I walked over to both of them, Blaziken following behind.

"Very nice Loryn. I knew you could win." I said.

For a minute, I was going to ask Seth about our... 'meeting', but decided to hold off. I did however meet Seth's eyes and moved my eyes to the side toward Loryn, so she couldn't tell.

I was moving my eyes as if asking if we wanted to include Loryn in the 'meeting' as well.

I knew there was one battle left, but it didn't really interest me much.

I did not notice him at first, but the guy name Max was also waiting near Seth.

Well Seth, I guess your popular at the moment. I laughed in my head.

(Sorry about that Max, I really did forget that you were at Seth as well. Lol. Don't reply to this.)

Last edited:
Years
Seth turned toward Max as the boy picked himself up and made his way over introducing himself. "Seth." He replied bluntly. "And no I wouldn't say that Yuki and I are friends, we're barly acqiatences...Frankly I think he hates me, but I don't really care...I'm use to it you see." He continued tring to hold back his jerkness with minimal success. Seth's eyes were then drawn to the battle once again as Kikiro miserably fell to Arcanine's 'Flash Fire.' An excellent job, the girl was fairing quite well, not that Seth truly had any doubts in the first place.

The battle continued on as Kikiro sent out his last Pokemon Abomasnow, Seth knew it was over then and there. No way the Ice type Pokemon would stand a chance against Loryn's sooped up Arcanine. This was revield to be true after Loryn finished the match by over powering the Abomasnow's Ice Beam with Flamethrower. Seth made a motion saying 'yes!' with his Snag Machine hand.

"And that's game, the Preliminaries of the Orre Region's Pyrite Annual Colosseum Tournament now draws to a close. The Second serise of Matches will be held tomorrow at 6 PM! Thank you for attending we hope to see you all tomorrow well rested and ready! Congratulations to all participants!" The announcer finished up as the stands began clearing.

Loryn made her way back to the viewing area minutes after her success and instantly pressed the fact that she won the battle, as well as their bet. Recieving a weak elbow to the side Seth smiled. "Never thought otherwise...except when you used Breloom off the bat. That kinda had me wondering, but still you pulled it off, and a deals a deal." Seth congratulated Loryn before getting to his feet. "There is a couple things I've got to do first however..." Seth trailed off looking over to Iruko. "None of which should take to long though." He reassured Loryn with a smirk.

---------------------------------------------------

"Hmmhmmhmm, aheheh. I knew that you knew more then you were letting on, Yuki." The cloaked man responded darkly pointing to his temple. "Yet still, that mearly scratches the surface of what I've got planned for this world...and the next." His voice was shrouded in evil mistery. "But that aside, being that your starting to grasp the concept of my plans...will you assist me, willingly?"

Last edited:

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
Chapter 13: Seth and Loryn:

The man replied bluntly with the name 'Seth'. He also informed Max that he wasn't really 'friends' with Yuki and they barley even acquainted with each other, much to Max's surprise. Max looked down to the battlefield and saw Loryn pull off a stunning finish with her Arcanine. Loryn ran into the room and then elbowed Seth sparked a conversation with him. Max heard the announcer say that the matches were over for the day and that round 2 would start the next day at 6 P.M. Max soon remembered that he had no place to stay for the night and that he had been called up for his battle just as he and Yuki were talking about it. Loryn and Seth's conversation slowed for a second as Max asked the both of them:
"Excuse me, do either of you know where Yuki may be in Pyrite?" with a worried expression on his face as he awaited a response.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
"Thanks Iruko! I had doubts in the beginning, but the battling just came easier as it went on," Loryn replied to him with a smile after he congratulated her. She turned to Seth as he stood up, stating his confusion on why she used Breloom right away. "I wanted to catch Kikiro off guard," she shrugged. "He would think I was foolish for using a Pokemon at a hug type disadvantage...That is, until I beat him." Loryn finished with a wink, and laughed. After Seth mentioned he had some business to take care of before he could finish his end of the deal, Loryn smirked and replied: "You better not keep me waiting."

Over the intercom it was stated that the next round would be tomorrow at 6. Loryn's mind scrambled as she thought of a place to stay. No way Yuki would take me in again... Perhaps I'll try my luck at the Inn... Her thoughts were stalled when the boy named Max asked where Yuki might be. Loryn smiled warmly at him. "I dunno where he is at the moment, but I could show you to his house, if you'd like."

Years
"Kinda had us all guessing with that move, haha." Seth replied to her ansewer towards Breloom. He then kinda growled after Loryn volenteered herself to show Max to Yuki's house. "Be sure not to do the same," he cut in somewhat rudely, though it truly wasn't intentional. "We can meet up at the South Exit of Town." He added returning Charmeleon spontainously to his Pokeball. Seth knew he'd have a busy night, and was sure that Charmeleon wouldn't mind being in his ball for awhile.

Seth then turned to Iruko. "So down to buisness. You had a few questions...we can talk about them at my place. It's out of the way, plus I need a couple things." He stated plainly looking up at the Trainer.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
"Alright." I said looking at Seth as he returned his Charmeleon to his pokeball.

I then turned to Blaziken and also put him back in the pokeball.

"Loryn, have a good night and keep safe." I said returning the pokeball to my waist.

I turned back to Seth, "Lead on when you want Seth, I'll follow." I said with seriousness returning to my voice.

Years
Nodding to Loryn then motioning for Iruko that they were instantly about to head out Seth smirked at Max, but didn't really have much meaning behind it. Seth progressed through the halls and exited the Dome of the Colosseum. It was already getting a little dark. Being over come by fans Seth frowned slightly, usually he loved to boast his victories expansively, but he sort of wanted to hear what Iruko had to say, that required exclusive one-on-one conversation. So Seth simply pressed his way past getting a barrage of sighs and disappointed grunts.

Slipping into a back alley Seth decided to take the long way home, if not just to avoid being challenged by the weaklings at the Battle Square. Though it still wasn't particularily too long before Seth moved back onto the main at the edge of a side street. Pushing open the door that led into 'Duncan's Custom Mechanics" shop the smell of grease, metal, and motor oil was strong. He looked around and noticed the older man hadn't made it back. 'Must've been there after all.' Seth pushed the thought aside and moved up the stairs that led to is appartment. Looking over his shoulder to be sure Iruko was following.

In the living room of his appartment Seth grabbed the 3-D poster by the door he had gotten the day previous and hung it on the far wall before turning back to face Iruko. "Don't mind your shoes." He spoke making it obvious that he didn't care much for his living space, though it was indeed well kept. "So then, right to it?" He asked pulling a chair out of his kitchen and into the living room where he sat arms over the back, after motioning for Iruko to take a seat on the small dark green couch.

Back