• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • *Stickied* :D

In Pokemon Diamond, there were many things that hinted towards a G/S remake (which was made) some of these were

1. The Traveling Man who gives you the egg says that Pokemon eggs hatch when it is with energetic Pokemon, and mentions Professor Elm. A reference to Professor Elm of Johto, and how Pokemon eggs were introduced there.
    2. The Pal Park Pokeballs are gold and silver with a crystal in the middle.
    3. Next to the resort hotel, if you go into some guy's house, he mentions the Tin Tower, home of Ho-Oh. He also mentions Whirl Islands, home of Lugia. Finally, he mentions the dancing Clefairy, which you can see if you go to Mt. Moon on Friday.
    4. Drifloon comes only on Friday, just as the dancing Clefairy. Lapras also only comes on Friday, too.
    5. Kurt's unique Pokeballs are obtainable in the game, but only by hacking.
    6. By hacking, you can get your Pokemon to be from Johto, meaning the game is trade-able with a Johto game...
    7. Jasmine visits you, gives you Waterfall, and mentions that you should visit Johto sometime.
    8. The SecretPotion says in its description that it's from Cianwood City.
    9. At the beginning of the game, it mentions the red Gyarados from G/S/C.
    10. Firered and Leafgreen were remakes of games needing them, so that leaves 2 more games to need them!
    11. Crasher Wake and Chuck hold their arms in the same way.
    12. After Bebe gives you an Eevee, she mentions Bill having a bunch of them.
    13. There is a GS ball in the middle of every Pokemon Center.
    14. Sweet Honey is similar to headbutting a tree in G/S/C.
    15. Both games have a lighthouse that you need to do something in to make a gym leader appear.
    16. The time thing all started in G/S/C.
    17. The night guards are here again, who only fight you at night.
    18. In the place where you get Shaymin, there is a Dragon Tamer who says,"It's been years since I've left the Dragon's Den" after you battle him.

I'm NOT saying this is correct but from what i've seen, i've picked up a few things which MAY hint towards Pokemon R/S remakes in Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver;

Pokemon HG/SS

1. Steven Stone appears in the game (Getting Hoenn starters)
    2. Steven Stone also appears in an event (Latios & Latias)
    3. Steven Stone says "Our fun will have to wait for the right time"

3. Bill mentions Lanette and the Hoenn region
    4. The Hoenn region is also mentiond by various people throughout the game
    5. Kyogre & Groudon & Rayquaza are obtainable (Blue, Red & Jade Orb)
    6. Hoenn Sound (Pokemon Radio Show to catch Pokémon originated in Hoenn)
    7. If you talk to one of the people in the Celadon Mansion, they will say "We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want usw to mess with their good memories..."
    8. The Root and Claw Fossils are on display in the Pewter City Museum of Science.
    9. he Pokemon Centers throughout Johto and Kanto have a Emerald Pokeball with a black background around it on the floor below the nurse's desk.

these hints are similar to the ones in Pokemon Diamond & Pearl which we're hints for G/S remakes and Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver we're made, there might be some in Pokemon Black & White too. However, that's just my theory, what do you think? Also, if you've spotted any more please post them in the comments and I will add to the list, thanks!

Pokemon B&W (Spoiler Alert)
    Spoiler:

If you come across any more speculations towards remakes for R/S/E in Pokémon Black & White, please let me know VIA PM/VM, thanks.

Update

A Music similarity I found:

Pokemon Platinum - Resort Area House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3oiD3DhR5k

Pokemon R/S/E - LilyCove City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MStZNaTQLs8
    15.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Remake - There are some listed hints towards R/S remakes.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It wouldn't surprise me. People would buy it and, when it comes to nintendo, that's all that matters

Yeah, Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver have sold millions of units within a month so I would of thought they'd do the same for Ruby & Sapphire which would probally sell millions just like previous pokemon games, I personally loved Pokemon R/S/E & Hoenn so i'd LOVE to see a remake.

Nathanyiel

It seems you lost the game...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    There are a large number of reasons I would say no, but I think that Nintendo will likely make it for the simple reason that it will sell.

The only real reason FRLG and HGSS were necessary is that there was no compatibility between the originals and the third or fourth generation. Ruby and Sapphire are still compatible, and as such a remake would be obsolete. Also, you can already obtain Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, not to mention Latias and Latios, in HGSS. In short, there's no reason to make a remake, but why wouldn't they?

Pokemafia

The title of this got me interested, I think after pkmn black and white they'll remake green and red, then ruby and saphire. just mo.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It won't be very practical or necessary unless the fifth gen isn't compatible with the GBA games (i.e. exclusive to the DSi or DSiXL) and it has a huge techological leap from the GenIII games.

Regardless, I'd probably still buy it. Hoenn is pretty much my favorite region in any pokemon game ever. :P

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, but regardless of R/S/E being compatible with the DS, it would still make alot of money if it we're remade and that's mainly what Nintendo are after also if R/S/E sold millions of units (which it did 10 Million+) then they would think that remakes would too likewise with G/S/C, not to mention that it would have changes to it most probally and if it we're released it may be in 3D on the 3DS, and at the speed their creating new consoles (Dsi, Dsi XL, 3DS) none of them are able to play GBA games by the time the 5th Generation games have been out for a year or so, the Nintendo Ds/Lite will be old and no GBA games will be compatible with the latest consoles but then again that's just my opinion.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Aren't the RSE games obsolete? I dunno about the XL or anything, but the DSi doesn't have a GBA slot.

Aren't the RSE games obsolete? I dunno about the XL or anything, but the DSi doesn't have a GBA slot.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • yeah the remakes will be Called Magmaruby and Aquasapphire... but then again people thought the Johto/kanto remakes were going to be called Golddawn and Silverdusk or GDSD but they called it GSDS which i never understood why...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • My original favourite was G/S/C but after the remake, I think I like R/S/E the most, My favourite region is the Hoenn region and i'd LOVE for a remake so much.

The title of this got me interested, I think after pkmn black and white they'll remake green and red, then ruby and saphire. just mo.

Green & Red have already been remade.

Last edited:

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    While I believe that Nintendo will remake R/S/E, they would remake it for the money. If we are talking about the games becoming obsolete, then FR/LG are gen III too and why would you remake a remake? (Although, I suppose it is possible.) I know that Hg/Ss (or S/G/C) has a Kanto region, but the region is three years after everything that has happened in Fr/Lg (or R/B/Y if you prefer) and can not be counted as covering a dying Fr/Lg game(not that they are dying- just in theory if we were claiming R/S/E is growing obsolete).

On the other hand, if gen V is made only for the DSi or 3DS (unlikely for 3DS, if their release dates are kept as they are right now, but things can change), then the excuse of the games becoming obsolete has some ground. It becomes too much of a hassle to bring pokemon over to your new game (but it is still possible and Nintendo could claim that if you desperately need one of your R/S/E pokemon there is a way unlike G/S/C, yet it means less money for them if they chose to claim that). Again, though, the question of Fr/Lg can be brought back up. Should half of gen III be brought up-to-date while the other half ignored? There are fans for both (fewer for Fr/Lg perhaps, but I'm one of them and I'm sure there are some others).

Sorry if this post is confusing/long. I'm just trying to look at the situation from different (though slightly biased) perspectives. My personal opinion is that I don't really want a remake or think it is necessary. I never really enjoyed emerald that much (but I know that is just me and for many hoen was the best region, please don't shoot me because of my opinion).

My final answer: I don't know, but suspecting yes (because of $money$ which wins every time).:cool:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    I think after the release of the Gen V games a remake of these two games could be the first Pokemon games released for the 3DS

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I'd love it if they remade Ruby & Sapphire. I started off with Emerald back then... so yes, I'd buy the remakes if they ever do decide to remake them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    If Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were remade, I would hope it wouldn't be until after Black/White... and, for that matter, a bit of time after those two's releases. Iunno, as much as I love pokemon, I don't want there being OMGSOMANY of 'em being made, especially with the number of remakes there have been already (does that make sense?)

Still, WERE remakes made, and I was able to afford them, then yes... I admit I'd probably end up getting them. D:

However, considering the fact that I'm sure R/S/E remakes would be for a newer DS (or perhaps even a whole new handheld altogether?) ... would be even longer until I actually picked them up.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, if it were being made it'd have to be 3/4 Years AFTER Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver (2012/13) That's following the rough cycle too, Pokemon R/S We're released in 2002/3, and G/S got a remake 10 years on, but R/B got a remake 8 years on so I don't know :P

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
  • They better make a R/S/E remake! I think the one thing I really want it for would be the Battle Frontier. Emerald's Frontier was just the best, I loved how planned it was. With HG/SS and Platinum, they weren't that good, they seemed rushed IMO...

Also, who wouldn't want to hear a *better* remake of this theme?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc0ecBXoLbA

Even with the whole GBA games being compatible, and G/S/C and R/B/Y only got remakes so that it would be easier to get Gen 1 & 2 Pokémon, it's still a hassle doing it 6 Pokémon at a time, and then quitting your game, changing the date and repeat. *Well, for R/S/E and R/B/Y games at least.* With a remake, it would be easier to do it over WiFi, or with another DS/with a friend.

Besides, it'll make money, why not do a remake?

Years
  • They've brought out the DSi and DSiXL, which have no GBA compatability.

Also, you could get the Johto legends and starters, and most pokemon, in 3rd Gen, couldn't you?

Them legendaries, starters and wild pokemon from Hoenn were just added so you can get, I think, all 493 in a generation (especially with event Celebi and Mew coming out soon.)

They will make R/S remakes. Hopefully, 5th Generation will be on the current platform (If they release another, already, it'll be rushed, and crap. And, honestly, still owning an original Emerald, the screenies'd have to be good for me to buy another console, particularly as I tend to only buy them for pokemon games).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back