• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    You mean Iris in anime, right? Well, in anime Dawn reappeared after journey in Hoenn, the same like May reappeared in gen 4 anime after journey in Johto. So anime should refer to Hoenn in this season. Assuming that Shizui is from Hoenn, he might refer to Hoenn too, maybe even know someone who gives Hoenn starters. Ash has only one Hoenn starter now, so he might get another in this season.

You're walking a tight-rope with relying on one character. They say he has a "Hoenn" dialect, but dialect and accents can be inherited through multiple generations. His family could have been from there but there is nothing to say that Shizui himself has ever been there. Gamefreak can still completely ignore that little fact. (I also haven't seen any source that says he has the "Hoenn" dialect/Accent.)

Look how they Rocket guy spoke in G/S/C/HG/SS. It didn't change when we found him in Unova and he's supposed to be from Unova.

As for Anime reference, May had finished her tour in Johto and moved to Sinnoh cause that was the next area that was holding contests, not to mention the Wallace Cup was being held in Sinnoh.

Going with "So and So Trainer will have So and So Pokemon" is also grasping at straws. Its not solid enough. We'd need an active Hoenn specific Character to appear in B2W2 outside of the extra features. That is a solid clue.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    (I also haven't seen any source that says he has the "Hoenn" dialect/Accent.)
    It's said on Bulbapedia. I don't think it's rumor because if somebody knows Japanese, I think it can be seen in trailers what dialect he speaks.

Well I know those things in anime aren't solid hints, they might even not happen, I just think it's possible that Hoenn references might be appearing in this anime season, to promote Hoenn, like they were promoting Johto in gen 4 seasons.

I ask again

Do you seriously think they will make another set of games for the DS?

Or do you think they would start a new generation with remakes?

If they release remakes in this year November, they might be on DS. They released B2/W2 for DS despite of most people being so sure for 3DS game, so DS release is still possible.

But if they would make remakes for 3DS, it doesn't mean it has to be new generation. To promote 3DS and keep gen 5 they can still use gen 5 engine, reprogrammed and improved for 3DS. And then gen 6 would use totally new engine, using full potential of 3DS. Something like they did with DS games - gen 4 uses only partially potential of DS, gen 5 uses it fully.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • Summary of this thread:
    DER R FIRE POKERMAN IN BW2 HOEN REMAKES IS COMIN

My opinion:
    Remakes are coming in Gen VI, there are no hints, go away.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure Hoenn will make a re-appearence in some game, whether that be a remake or not I don't know but what I do know is by the end of 2012 Unova games will be done, I highly doubt they will make a third game of B2W2 because that's just too much Unova. That leaves the whole of 2013 open for new games so unless they plan on bringing Generation VI early then I'd expect to see a return from Hoenn in 2013 and if not, well then tied in with the sixth generation some time. Oh and I'd assume they would be on 3DS considering it would have been two years since it's release in 2013.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well I know those things in anime aren't solid hints, they might even not happen, I just think it's possible that Hoenn references might be appearing in this anime season, to promote Hoenn, like they were promoting Johto in gen 4 seasons.

The only thing that was added to the Anime to Promote the remakes of Johto was Lyra appearing. So unless May or Brendan show up or a character that replaces them, that's pretty much a dead end for Anime support.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I think the question im asking myself now is do i really want a remake now. If one were to look at BW type of story( deeper story compare to other pokemon games IMO) and if the theme to BW2 is complementing than we can speculate that the Story will be equally on the same level if not higher. Now look at RS story line while pretty cool its not on the same level as BW. In order for that to happen they need to tweak the story line, such as adding more gym leader presence in the main story.
    Now one of the arguments for a RS remake is that you cant easily get hoenn pokemon in BW. First off its true but not impossible i was actually able to complete my national pokedex in my copy of white, of course it did take me 400 Hours on white, 220 hours on my heart gold and around 20-30 on my Sapphire soul silver and platinum.
    But i think if it was released next gen it would make it easier if they plan to do a 4th gen remake.
    Look at this

2013 R/S remake 2013 N/A 2013 Gen 6
    2014 gen 6 2014 Gen 6 2014 N/A
    2015 N/A 2015 N/A 2015 3rd version
    2016 3rd version 2016 3rd version 2016 rs remake
    2017 4th gen remake ? 2017rs remake 2017 Gen 7

See if we save the rs remake to gen 6 then it will really be warrented. And if they are gonna keep the pattern would you rather a Gen 4 remake in 2017 or wait for it in gen 7 in 2020 or 2022. By the way if there is a gen 7 i will be middle aged man playing pokemon( and proud of it lol)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • If something happens twice (like remakes in the past 2 generations) its not a pattern.
    Not to mention the first 2 were between RS and E, while HGSS were after DPPt, so its not even consistent with the 2 examples we have. And now that they introduced sequels, that might just blow remakes out the window for future games anyway.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If something happens twice (like remakes in the past 2 generations) its not a pattern.
    Not to mention the first 2 were between RS and E, while HGSS were after DPPt, so its not even consistent with the 2 examples we have. And now that they introduced sequels, that might just blow remakes out the window for future games anyway.

There is one pattern that doesn't use the other games involved.

Red/Blue/Green = Gameboy
    Gold/Silver/Crystal = Gameboy Color (classified as a different system than a Gameboy)
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald = Gameboy Advance = Fire Red/Leaf Green (Remakes skipped Gameboy Color)
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum = Nintendo DS = Heart Gold/Soul Silver (remakes skiped Gameboy Advance)
    Generation 6 Game = 3DS = Ruby/Sapphire Remakes (possible but no other support, just going by the pattern presented.)

So each remake skips to the System that is one after the one released after their making. Since Ruby/Sapphire was for the Gameboy Advance, they'd skip the Nintendo DS since that was made after the GBA and would be released for the 3DS.

Its not an official one, just something unproven to be false or accurate as we'd need the R/S remakes to confirm or deny this possibility.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    If something happens twice (like remakes in the past 2 generations) its not a pattern.

True but when you look at the fact pokemon has had only 5 generations and that obviously remakes weren't needed for the first two and that gen 5 isn't actually over yet it could be plausible that it is a pattern. Of I'd agree with Xander I believe about the platform skip, but if you think about it this is the first time 2 generations has been on the same platform so you never now. I would love for them to do a remake but I'm starting to believe that its not coming this gen. Epaecially with the expedited release with BW2 in Japan and the US maybe there gonna take us to gen 6 in fall 2013 . If you think about it let's say gen 6 has it's native Pokemon mixed in with gen 5 pokemon with a splash of kanto pokemkon, that would make Hoenn more unique since we wouldn't be able to catch those Pokemon in the new region as opposed to all the Hoenn pokemon we can catch in east unova now and who knows what we can catch in BW2

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I guess I can handle it being in Gen VI which interestingly enough is 2 * 3 like how HgSs was 2*2...though Kanto breaks this but than again it was in GS itself... 2*1...
    Will that mean DPPt in gen VIII? and BWB2W2 in gen X...I kind of hope not xD

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I guess I can handle it being in Gen VI which interestingly enough is 2 * 3 like how HgSs was 2*2...though Kanto breaks this but than again it was in GS itself... 2*1...
    Will that mean DPPt in gen VIII? and BWB2W2 in gen X...I kind of hope not xD

Lol don't wory seeing how gen x won't be around till 2030 it will be like new lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    It's not certain if they'll continue making those games that long... try to imagine gen 10 Pokemon. What they would be based on?

There is one interesting issue about remakes in gen 5. After B2/W2 release, there is one Pokemon left to be revealed - Genesect. Two other Pokemon last in their gens' Pokedexes - Deoxys and Arceus were revealed in the time to have something to do with remakes. Dexoys was originally catchable in FR/LG. Arceus was revealed before HG/SS and had event in those games.

So why Game Freak created in gen 5 one Pokemon to be left after B2/W2?

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It's not certain if they'll continue making those games that long... try to imagine gen 10 Pokemon. What they would be based on?

There is one interesting issue about remakes in gen 5. After B2/W2 release, there is one Pokemon left to be revealed - Genesect. Two other Pokemon last in their gens' Pokedexes - Deoxys and Arceus were revealed in the time to have something to do with remakes. Dexoys was originally catchable in FR/LG. Arceus was revealed before HG/SS and had event in those games.

So why Game Freak created in gen 5 one Pokemon to be left after B2/W2?

He's in B2W2's Pokedex to be released Next Month/August. So he's gunna be released this Summer. Arceus didn't appear in the Pokedex book until he was released so since Genesect is in the book he'll be released for B2W2 soon.

(Meloetta is Number 299 in the Pokedex and we KNOW there are 300 in this one. Only 1 Pokemon comes after her and that's Genesect.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    I would definetly buy it. Love and miss those games. Somehow no current version can match up to them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • He's in B2W2's Pokedex to be released Next Month/August. So he's gunna be released this Summer. Arceus didn't appear in the Pokedex book until he was released so since Genesect is in the book he'll be released for B2W2 soon.

(Meloetta is Number 299 in the Pokedex and we KNOW there are 300 in this one. Only 1 Pokemon comes after her and that's Genesect.)

We aren't sure if they'll releasing it properly though, it may simply be to get all the Pokemon in one guide for the final B2W2 games (I beleive either Pokebeach or Jungle theorized this idea) and they'll officially release it at some other time in the future.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Well, if Genesect is going to be in official guide, it might be revealed officially.

They never revealed any Pokemon after last main game of each generation. If they saved Genesect to be revealed after B2/W2, it might mean B2/W2 won't be last main games in gen 5, meaning R/S remakes might be last games in gen 5.

Interesting thing is that by the time of R/S 10th anniversary, everything of 5 gen seems going to be released ("third versions" and most likely all Pokemon, including Genesect). Could it mean they really want to release remakes on 10th anniversary?

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well, if Genesect is going to be in official guide, it might be revealed officially.

They never revealed any Pokemon after last main game of each generation. If they saved Genesect to be revealed after B2/W2, it might mean B2/W2 won't be last main games in gen 5, meaning R/S remakes might be last games in gen 5.

Interesting thing is that by the time of R/S 10th anniversary, everything of 5 gen seems going to be released ("third versions" and most likely all Pokemon, including Genesect). Could it mean they really want to release remakes on 10th anniversary?

The Pokedex releases in a month or so >> Genesect will be released around then most likely so that doesn't have anything to do with Remakes. The 10th anniversary is already creeping up and since we haven't heard anything before B2W2 I don't think we are getting remakes this year so the 10 year anniversary thing seems to have been broken.

I still think its gunna come out next year if we are getting it.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • He's in B2W2's Pokedex to be released Next Month/August. So he's gunna be released this Summer. Arceus didn't appear in the Pokedex book until he was released so since Genesect is in the book he'll be released for B2W2 soon.

No. I used a cheat to see Keldeo in my White playthrough, the guy is in the main PokeDex. I'm sure if you get Jirachi and Deoxys at the start of RSE they'll be in the PokeDex.

Why would they release RSE remakes on DS? That'd be a stupid move for Game Freak.
    Am I the only one who thinks logically here?
    Masuda said that he ran into problems with Black/White because of the DS game engine so there's no way he'd use Gen VI's engine to develop a remake in Gen V.
    Also, compatibility issues. Using Gen VI's engine, they wouldn't be able to communicate with BW and BW2 in the same way, and there's no way they'd do it on DS because of HeartGold and SoulSilver 2 years ago.

Now, if you somehow need more reasons why this isn't happening until 2015 instead of the 10th anniversary...

GO AWAY. There's absolutely no way Game Freak will release another main series game 5 months after the last one. If you think that's plausible, you need to be locked away.

RS remakes will come in 2015 two years after the Gen VI primary pair.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back