• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    shinylugia249 what with demo?? When you relase?? Im waiting.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Sorry for the wait but here is the demo!

Before playing!
    After opening up the game:
    Press F1 and make sure you have checked smooth mode.
    The result will be faster and smoother gameplay!

Pokemon Ryen
    picture.php

Links:
    Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/134688645/Pokemon_Ryen.exe.html
    Filefront: http://files.filefront.com/Pokemon+Ryenexe/;11350455;/fileinfo.html

Have fun!​

Last edited:

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • asome the pre-beta is here. yall are goin to enjoy yallselves with this one especially if he fixed all the little mistakes.
    me and ryushin got to play it to help him point all the mistakes out, although i got it at the wrong time DX (band camp) so i couldnt play it all day. but it was great especially the graphics. and that was with all the mistakes in it.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • YAY! Its here. How long is it?
    Edit:Would you mind telling me how to edit the buttons to move with w,a,s,d cause right arrow broke and screen size bigger?

Last edited:

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    The game goes up to the weather machine event. So that's one badge, a battle with your rival, and other events.
    press F1 and go into the keyboard tab to edit the controls.

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Excellent work, dude! I'm downloading the game now and curious to see how good this demo is. Btw, how come your file size is nearly as much as my Pokemon HOF's(I used a lot of WMA audio files so my game size is huge)? It will take a long time to download though. Anyway, good luck with you and your game project. Have a good time!

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    yeah i'm using a lot of music too and i've already mapped out some kanto and hoenn areas. So that's why the file size is really big.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    i think you can only change the action button and other keys, I don't think it's pissible to change the movement keys.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Hi ShinyLugia:

This is Hall Of Famer. I played your game already and it looks great. I'm a little bit uncomfortable with the size of the screen since it seems to be a little bit small though. Another thing I've noticed is that you're using a merged tileset with both FR/LG style and D/P style and I personally think it would be better if you attempt to make it all in D/P style except for those houses(which are unable to be edited into D/P format). This will probably make your game more balanced. Anyway, it's a fairly nice demo indeed so please keep this up! Have a good time!

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    yeah i'm using some dp tyles, but i don't think using all those dp tyles is a problem. I know i forgot to replace some tiles in some tilesets but that will be fixed in the next release.
    To change the screen size go into the options in the start menu.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Yeah it's possible to go to hoenn after you beat the ryen pokemon league.
    I've already included a hoenn and kanto map.
    Here they are:
    capture248tp7.png

capture249yh9.png

If anyone wanted to know i'm going to be using the g/s/c maps for kanto.
    Thanks to HOF for providing the kanto maps, I'm almost finished mapping kanto!
    Those maps look great I was thinking of doing my maps for Infinite Rainbow that way but now I think I'll leave them the way they are.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Thanks but you don't have to give up the idea of using dp style because of this.
    In my opinion, Using the dp style is the best style to use for a region map.

megiddo: What do you mean by extract error?
    Did you succesfully extract the files?

sonic smash down

Years
  • ok you know there are two sites to try dude. one of them didnt work for me either when i was testing out the demo. try them both if not you may not have enough memory for the game. and yes i say first hand he remade some of the kanto and hooen maps. (you'll love them) although when i debugged to get there. there were no events set up yet.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    yeah, I don't want any events set up yet because it would be a pain to edit the all the maps' encounters later on after finishing up the Ryen region.

Mini-update!
    Here are a few screenshots:
    capture279fj2.png

capture280mh7.png

capture281kl3.png

The steam coming form the ground animantes!
    I'll reveal a small secret!
    This is the base of defeated team but now the home to groudon. So you'll visit broken down team bases containing legendaries.

Last edited:

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    yeah hoenn will be a lot more interesting including some places like mirage Island.
    It'll be more like the anime.

sonic smash down

Years
  • o god please dont tell me that mirage island will be full of ow wobbofets lolz.but im basin my game off somewat of the anime as well but just bearly (so yay)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back