• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Saffron

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
Years
  • ramon99 said:
    it's pretty good but when the starter evolved it became a shroomish what you could also catch :( i hoped into something special :)

Yeah i thought exactly the same thing ...
    Maybe he has yet to add more pokemon and therefore it evolved into the one other pokemon being available ?
    I wonder weather it would evolve into breloom aswell ...

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
  • 2 words: GREAT GAME! I can't wait for the next release.

Just a few things:

After finishing the game normally, I decided to "explore" with Gameshark codes. I know this is still the beta, but here is what I found.

In the 1st town, the rival is standing on some trees a bit to the northwest of the top left house. You can talk to him and he will change positions. It's actually possible to get him off of the trees and into the town if you talk to him enough.

If you use the walk through walls code (NEVER use this code in houses, buildings, ect. on any gold/silver game, even if it is patched or not.) to get past the little rug sprite that sends you into the lab, and then go into the lab yourself, you can get the original pokemon that's in the ball, which is cyndaquil. (The game freezes up if you try to leave the lab, though, which was bad cuz I wanted to use him....)

Another thing regarding the actual pokemon, Slobsy is Bulbasaur, and Shroomish is Ivysaur. (That's right kids, if you evolve Slobsy, he'll turn into Shroomish.) But the problem with that is that Venasaur is still the 3rd evo..... I dunno if you're leaving that in or not....

I found a few other things, like the real G/S towns and routes, but some of them were gliched.

But still, great job with the game, and keep up the good work. (Add some more R/S/E pokemon, that's cool.)

Edit- Here's some screenshots.

Screenshots.png

1. Me on the other side of the fence. The bike sprite is still the same.

2. Pretty Self Explanitory. The sign to the left is unreadable. (as in its not glitched text on it, its that theres nothing on it, so by pushing A, nothing happens.)

3. This is a route with fisherman. Those guys are trainers, (which since I didn't have a pokemon, I didn't have to fight them.) and the green is a bridge sprite in the real game. What I don't get is all the signs. The unreadable A button thing works here.

4. I ended up getting stuck in this building at the Runs Of Alph.... when I clicked on the computer, it said, Bzzt..... You need a pokemon to use this. Wierd, huh? None of the doors worked, so I couldn't leave.

I'll get a screenshot of the rival in the trees later.

Last edited:

DarkFear

I will ^^
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 22, 2010
    Shining Salamence said:
    finally a hack that us Gold players can play...

Are you like a reviver of old threads? Anyway a really good hack. I want to know how you got to change the GFX.

flamefire1031

The Never Appearing...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    Hey, i tried to download the zip files, both url's dont work, the 1st one does nuthin and the second one is useless!!!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Don't revive threads that have not received a post for the past 2 months, please.

~closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back