• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON SEPTO CONQUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Spoiler:

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • Hello all. We apologise for the glitches you may have experiencing, and here is the latest version:

http://www.divshare.com/download/5170780-f54

Unfortunately that huge bug in bill's garden happened to me too and i won all the trainers before i know i would be stuck.Then i tried to move out using the walk through walls cheat but neither that worked.And if you are near a wall or a character and you press start and select something and then cancel it the character changes and doesnt move or move invisible..Lol i was so desperated that i deleted the game...The game rocks btw.If you fix these bugs i will play the game again because i loved it

We hope you realise some glitches are unfixable (such as the opening menu near walls), due to the game being expanded too much. However, if you save regularly, you will be able to avoid this hampering your gameplay too much. (Yes, we are sure this is unfixable!)

Thanks for saying this game rocks by the way!

SeptoConquest_01.png

I think you should not include races in a hack, just to be safe. -__-

SeptoConquest_02.png

self-explanatory...

SeptoConquest_03.png

the gym building has a tile error.

SeptoConquest_07.png

the prof appeared from the water.

SeptoConquest_08.png

again, self-explanatory...

When we first started Septo Conquest, we didn't realise that expanding certain areas (ie. text + maps) would cause unfixable glitches. However, the nitpicks that you have pointed out really don't affect the overall gameplay. Also, maybe you did not realise that the description in screenshot 1 was in fact relating to Mario and Luigi, two of the best known game characters of all time! We were not intending to insult anybody by including mentions of races.

We will endevour to fix any serious glitches (ones that stop you playing the game, and not tiny errors like bizzare characters at the end of a sentence.)

Years
  • do you mean the bug that i and dio had are unfixable? if it´s not fixable i will have to start the game new...

but i really appreciate the game anyway^^

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
  • This is a nice hack, Storyline is great.

Good luck with it, More screen shots will be the great!

I think you should change the starters to Zangoose, Skarmory and Drowzee. Since Skarmory and Drowzee don't evolve, But machop does.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • do you mean the bug that i and dio had are unfixable? if it´s not fixable i will have to start the game new...

but i really appreciate the game anyway^^

Any save games will carry over to the new version, so hopefully, your problem should be fixed. And, yes, as far as we are aware, the glitch you had was unfixable. This was due to us expanding too many of the maps, (something we are being very careful of in Lance Adventures) We are very sorry if you have to start the game again. MOST IMPORTANTLY, if anyone has realised, we found that BILLS LAIR was tha glitched up area, and on the latest post (link above) we have put in a new builiding in BALTHEIR ROCKS, taking you to a new, and hopefully, glitch free BILLS LAIR. (at least it was glitch free when we tested it)

This is a nice hack, Storyline is great.

Good luck with it, More screen shots will be the great!

I think you should change the starters to Zangoose, Skarmory and Drowzee. Since Skarmory and Drowzee don't evolve, But machop does.

Me and Magneto20 are happy with the starters as they are. We chose them specifically chosen on their type (similar to how the startes in the original game work) but not so that they were uber-rare. Also, I would like to point out that Drowzee does evolve. He evolves into Hypna at level 26. :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2009
    this is a really good hack and i really want to play through the rest of it but a few more glitches have come up. first off, in the balthier rocks place whenever i try to teleport back to the pokemon center i land in the water to the left of the city and i cant get out because theres a boulder blocking the way. second, i had the same problem as dio ever since after the first baron but i managed to get past it by getting away from the glitched trainers without stopping. then i got tp bills garden and the same thing happened so i got the new version. it doesnt happen anymore but after the first trainer in there i get stuck in this block of pavement with 3 boulders in it. is there something wrong with the new version or do i just have a bad firered rom (it runs the game at like 300%)?

Magneto20

Years
  • this is a really good hack and i really want to play through the rest of it but a few more glitches have come up. first off, in the balthier rocks place whenever i try to teleport back to the pokemon center i land in the water to the left of the city and i cant get out because theres a boulder blocking the way. second, i had the same problem as dio ever since after the first baron but i managed to get past it by getting away from the glitched trainers without stopping. then i got tp bills garden and the same thing happened so i got the new version. it doesnt happen anymore but after the first trainer in there i get stuck in this block of pavement with 3 boulders in it. is there something wrong with the new version or do i just have a bad firered rom (it runs the game at like 300%)?

If it runs at 300% regularly, then I'd say you have a bad FireRed ROM. My only solution to being trapped in the block of pavement with 3 boulders is to save the game regularly with more than 1 saveslot (I'd recommend 3 or 4 saveslots).
    We fixed the problem of landing in the water in Balthier Rocks after flying there, it's in version 2.1.

Thanks for posting up these problems, and if you find any horrendous, game-annihilating bugs, please post them up here and me and AndyP159 will fix them ASAP.

Years
  • Really an awesome hack, congratulations.

Problems I've noticed :

- If you Fly/Teleport in Aeris Island you just land in the middle of the water on the right eye of the smiley in the water ... and cause you only get Surf later you're stucked (that's why now I save ervery 10minutes in order to avoid such cases)

- There are some places from where you cannot Fly, it just locates you on the upper-left corner of the map and cannot choose any destination

- Some trainer's pokemon stilh have "original" moveset, example in Xande's Gym, you can fight a Ponyta who will attach with Wine whip or Stun Spore for example

-When you try to go on exit number 2 from Seafom Island, there is just a white screen, the music goes on but you''re stucked and cannot do anything

- There are some ways blocked by invisible barriers, and you cannot use Surf in every water you see but just in a few

- Another glitch present in others ROM hacks, sometimes after win a battle between a trainer or a wild pokemon, you just take control of a npc and can only move in a few directions (many you're even invisible) and the only solution is to Fly/Teleport/Dig/Escape rope if possible.

As I said, when you save regulary there is no real problem with those issues, and congratulations again for this fantastic hack - very innovative and I definitely love the dark/trash side of it !
    Moreover it's a real pleasure to battle against real trainers, you've only defeated 4 barons and you already encounter lvl 40 charizards, tortoise, etc ... it's definitely an awesome difference with the pathetic lvl 20 nidorans or spearow you have to battle in the orginial rom so far (or encounter a lvl65 Tentacruel while using Surf, woaw Oo)

Last edited:

Magneto20

Years

Thanks! :classic:

Problems I've noticed :

- If you Fly/Teleport in Aeris Island you just land in the middle of the water on the right eye of the smiley in the water ... and cause you only get Surf later you're stucked (that's why now I save ervery 10minutes in order to avoid such cases)

That was actually intentional. I thought it would be funny to strand the player in the middle of a smiley face in a town (it annoyed AndyP159 initially when he was testing that part). Sorry if it annoys you as well. If you haven't got surf then simply fly to Balthier Rocks and walk to Aeris Island from there (it takes about 20 seconds). Unless Aeris Island suffers from the next bug...

- There are some places from where you cannot Fly, it just locates you on the upper-left corner of the map and cannot choose any destination

If this bit happens on Aeris Island, then I apologise. Lucky you save every 10 minutes, eh?

Anyway, this bug stumped us. We couldn't figure out what was causing it nor could we get rid of it, so this is one of the very few unfixable bugs in the hack.

Some trainer's pokemon stilh have "original" moveset, example in Xande's Gym, you can fight a Ponyta who will attach with Wine whip or Stun Spore for example
    Really? That's odd. Let's just say that Ponyta was a half-breed or an alien or something...

But in all serious, we couldn't edit EVERY pokemon in the game, only the bosses. Usually PET (the tool we used to edit the trainer's pokemon and their movesets) just gave the pokemon moves according to their type. But maybe there are freak occurences where it doesn't work.

-When you try to go on exit number 2 from Seafom Island, there is just a white screen, the music goes on but you''re stucked and cannot do anything

That's because Seafoam Islands shouldn't be in the hack... where is Seafoam Islands exactly?

- There are some ways blocked by invisible barriers, and you cannot use Surf in every water you see but just in a few

If you mean Route 3A above Aeris Island is barred, then that's intentional. There's a place there which the player is banished from by two enigmatic people (revealed later in the game).

The very dark patches of water are unsurfable, like in the original. All other patches of water should work fine, with the exception of Route 3A because that's the way we made it (we didn't want people surfing to the place the player is banished from).

- Another glitch present in others ROM hacks, sometimes after win a battle between a trainer or a wild pokemon, you just take control of a npc and can only move in a few directions (many you're even invisible) and the only solution is to Fly/Teleport/Dig/Escape rope if possible.

Sorry about those annoying bugs, they happened to us a lot while we were testing it, and we had to delete the trainers that really give the player a problem. Unfortunately this bug is unfixable, so yeah, it's good to use fly and save often.

As I said, when you save regulary there is no real problem with those issues, and congratulations again for this fantastic hack - very innovative and I definitely love the dark/trash side of it !
    Moreover it's a real pleasure to battle against real trainers, you've only defeated 4 barons and you already encounter lvl 40 charizards, tortoise, etc ... it's definitely an awesome difference with the pathetic lvl 20 nidorans or spearow you have to battle in the orginial rom so far (or encounter a lvl65 Tentacruel while using Surf, woaw Oo)

Glad you're enjoying it. If you like the reasonable high-levelled trainers, then you'll enjoy the trainers in the final stages of the game (I think the 7th baron has something like a lv.63 houndoom or something). But yeah, keep playing and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the hack.

Magneto20

Years

Thanks!

Problems I've noticed :

That was actually intentional. I thought it would be funny to strand the player in the middle of a smiley face in a town (it annoyed AndyP159 initially when he was testing that part). Sorry if it annoys you as well. If you haven't got surf then simply fly to Balthier Rocks and walk to Aeris Island from there (it takes about 20 seconds). Unless Aeris Island suffers from the next bug...

If this bit happens on Aeris Island, then I apologise. Lucky you save every 10 minutes, eh?

Anyway, this bug stumped us. We couldn't figure out what was causing it nor could we get rid of it, so this is one of the very few unfixable bugs in the hack.

Some trainer's pokemon stilh have "original" moveset, example in Xande's Gym, you can fight a Ponyta who will attach with Wine whip or Stun Spore for example
    Really? That's odd. Let's just say that Ponyta was a half-breed or an alien or something...

But in all serious, we couldn't edit EVERY pokemon in the game, only the bosses. Usually PET (the tool we used to edit the trainer's pokemon and their movesets) just gave the pokemon moves according to their type. But maybe there are freak occurences where it doesn't work.

That's because Seafoam Islands shouldn't be in the hack... where is Seafoam Islands exactly?

If you mean Route 3A above Aeris Island is barred, then that's intentional. There's a place there which the player is banished from by two enigmatic people (revealed later in the game).

The very dark patches of water are unsurfable, like in the original. All other patches of water should work fine, with the exception of Route 3A because that's the way we made it (we didn't want people surfing to the place the player is banished from).

Sorry about those annoying bugs, they happened to us a lot while we were testing it, and we had to delete the trainers that really give the player a problem. Unfortunately this bug is unfixable, so yeah, it's good to use fly and save often.

Glad you're enjoying it. If you like the reasonable high-levelled trainers, then you'll enjoy the trainers in the final stages of the game (I think the 7th baron has something like a lv.63 houndoom or something). But yeah, keep playing and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the hack.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    Congrats on releasing a finished hack.

I just started playing it, and I'm enjoying it so far. I really like the humor you put in the game, too. Can't wait to experience more of the game.

Years
  • Ok, 1st thanks for all your quick answers - the unfixable bugs are not really anoying - I just make shure to save regulary.

- The 1st time I was sticked in the smiley face in Aeris Island was via the Abra's teleport - so I didn't have Fly nor Surf ... so I was just stucked whit this sweety smiley looking at me, but it's a good trap - funny in a certain way !

- About the non-Surfable water places - yeah I meant the ones in Aeris Island so glad to see it's normal and I'm now tryin' to figure out what is the correct way to go there .

- About the Seafom islands, well it's when I'm going in Steiner City, head left to Route 5C and then I continue on a long road named Lands Ends (where I encounter once again the famous Cookman and the former Team Aqua (really love the idea and the trained pokemons they have btw), at the end of this way there is a cave entrance.

If I enter in, I'm into Seafom Islands, then all the boulders are already moved as they should be (fortunately cause I didn't founded Strengh yet) so I can reach the Articuno, but if I want to use the 2nd exit, the game just freezes with the name of the road and a blank screen with the music that goes on ...

Another glitch is that after defeating Craig, you can walk through the wall in which he has emprisonned a little family, but if I try to talk to the mother the game just freeze - so I guess I'd rather leave them all die

Seriously, one of the main point of this hack - with the high-levelled trainers - is definitely all the sarcasms, I really loved them, it radicaly changes from the original games where conversations are just too sweet I guess ...

"are you a trainer ?"
    "no I'm a gender-confused wolf ... end of sarcasm ..."

EDIT : WTF I've just founded the wild pokemons and most of all ... the two trainers (arg) in the electric factory .... this is what I called difficuly - really love that ! but is it possible to go back there later ?

Last edited:

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • The 1st time I was sticked in the smiley face in Aeris Island was via the Abra's teleport - so I didn't have Fly nor Surf ... so I was just stucked whit this sweety smiley looking at me, but it's a good trap - funny in a certain way !

We are glad someone found it funny - however, we never thought of warping or teleporting there. There idea was to stop people flying.

About the non-Surfable water places - yeah I meant the ones in Aeris Island so glad to see it's normal and I'm now tryin' to figure out what is the correct way to go there .

Yeah, I guess we should have made it more clear - perhaps with a sighnpost or something, but you know now.

If I enter in, I'm into Seafom Islands, then all the boulders are already moved as they should be (fortunately cause I didn't founded Strengh yet) so I can reach the Articuno, but if I want to use the 2nd exit, the game just freezes with the name of the road and a blank screen with the music that goes on ...

I beleieve that is because the map that the warps lead out onto is corrupt. This is similar to what hapened in Cerulean City, resulting in all the warps having to be removed.

Seriously, one of the main point of this hack - with the high-levelled trainers - is definitely all the sarcasms, I really loved them, it radicaly changes from the original games where conversations are just too sweet I guess ...

"are you a trainer ?"
    "no I'm a gender-confused wolf ... end of sarcasm ..."

We're glad you liked it. We are also glad that you do not find the glitches ruin the overall experience of the game.

WTF I've just founded the wild pokemons and most of all ... the two trainers (arg) in the electric factory .... this is what I called difficuly - really love that ! but is it possible to go back there later ?

Hehe, you've just come acrross the VERY end bosses of the game. They were kind of hidden, and you SHOULD have acessed them from the door on VIRGIN ISLE. These are supposed to be the hardest trainer's in al the land, in search of the legendary pokemon. I presume you accessed this area through the cave - Maybe the scripts i put on the map didn't work properly. Anyway, yes, it is possible to get back there later (towards the end) and thanks for pointing out the flawed scripts! (I might leave themn in, just to be mean! lol)

Years
  • Hehe, you've just come acrross the VERY end bosses of the game. They were kind of hidden, and you SHOULD have acessed them from the door on VIRGIN ISLE. These are supposed to be the hardest trainer's in al the land, in search of the legendary pokemon. I presume you accessed this area through the cave - Maybe the scripts i put on the map didn't work properly. Anyway, yes, it is possible to get back there later (towards the end) and thanks for pointing out the flawed scripts! (I might leave themn in, just to be mean! lol)

I accessed this area via the Virgin Isle, I cannot access it via the diglet cave cause I'm "repelled by a mysterious force" (the same if I try to go on the Tradis Lab) so the script is OK and innovative about this mysterious force.

However I can already access Silver castle - the policemens stop asking me for badges after the 4th I guess (even if I still I only have defeated 6 barons, I don't have Strengh yet, and I'm still didn't find the way to go on the middle Island, the one in which you cannot surf to)

Magneto20

Years
  • I accessed this area via the Virgin Isle, I cannot access it via the diglet cave cause I'm "repelled by a mysterious force" (the same if I try to go on the Tradis Lab) so the script is OK and innovative about this mysterious force.

However I can already access Silver castle - the policemens stop asking me for badges after the 4th I guess (even if I still I only have defeated 6 barons, I don't have Strengh yet, and I'm still didn't find the way to go on the middle Island, the one in which you cannot surf to)

You can access Silver Castle already?! That was quick. If you don't have the Strength HM yet, you can find it in Steiner City.

You seem to have progressed pretty quickly in Septo Conquest, so now's a good time to tell everyone that the first person to complete Septo Conquest (with proof) wins a prize: a sneak peek at our second hack, Lance Adventures (the sequel to Septo Conquest)!

Dio

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I started playing this great game again and i'm so glad that the glitch in bill's garden is gone.Well done!! :)
    Now i am in Aeris island,got cut and won the gym there.I cant go up because the left "bridge" ends up on the green fetch and the right bridge ends up on an empty square but i cant go through it.It is supposed to be like that? What can i do next?

Years
  • You can access Silver Castle already?! That was quick. If you don't have the Strength HM yet, you can find it in Steiner City.

You seem to have progressed pretty quickly in Septo Conquest, so now's a good time to tell everyone that the first person to complete Septo Conquest (with proof) wins a prize: a sneak peek at our second hack, Lance Adventures (the sequel to Septo Conquest)!

The 1st to complete Septo Conquest ... what do you mean about it ? ^^ Cause I just beaten up the master of septo and the french doppelganger hypertrainer ... and what proof do you need ? (I've made screenshots if needed)

Btw, why are they so many french trainers/conversations in the game ? Are you french ? (in fact I am, that's why I wonder)

But what can I do now ? I mean after the end credits - cause I still cannot reach the island of the north of Aeris

Just another glitch I've founded is in Necron, in the house with all the Lance's fans, I cannot reach the last one and his pokeball - an invisible square prevents me to do that.

And also I've founded that I can still reach the one-two-three islands by Flying to the Pokemon Center at the upper-right corner, and then go through the factory. Don't know if it's the normal way do return there but this is a way.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Dio said:
    I started playing this great game again and i'm so glad that the glitch in bill's garden is gone.Well done!!
    Now i am in Aeris island,got cut and won the gym there.I cant go up because the left "bridge" ends up on the green fetch and the right bridge ends up on an empty square but i cant go through it.It is supposed to be like that? What can i do next?

Yes it's a normal behaviour, it seems to be a place where the player is banned. And you cannot surf there neither.

But I advice you to have a look where the sandstorm in order to reach the next Island ;-)

Magneto20

Years
  • The 1st to complete Septo Conquest ... what do you mean about it ? ^^ Cause I just beaten up the master of septo and the french doppelganger hypertrainer ... and what proof do you need ? (I've made screenshots if needed)

Btw, why are they so many french trainers/conversations in the game ? Are you french ? (in fact I am, that's why I wonder)

But what can I do now ? I mean after the end credits - cause I still cannot reach the island of the north of Aeris

Just another glitch I've founded is in Necron, in the house with all the Lance's fans, I cannot reach the last one and his pokeball - an invisible square prevents me to do that.

And also I've founded that I can still reach the one-two-three islands by Flying to the Pokemon Center at the upper-right corner, and then go through the factory. Don't know if it's the normal way do return there but this is a way.

The French Doppelganger is the final boss of the main storyline, so the only things left to do really is defeat the two super-strong trainers in the factory, explore the three islands if you haven't done so already, and defeat the cult of Lance (which doesn't seem to work for some reason).

If you could message me some screenshots that would be great, and it would confirm you to be the first person to beat Septo Conquest! Although you've mentioned the doppelganger already, so it's pretty obvious you beat the hack, so congratulations and thanks for playing!
    If you message me the screenshots then I'll send you a sneak preview of mine and AndyP159's second hack, Lance Adventures. Don't bother sending any screenshots to AndyP159 as he's currently unavailable and won't reply.

Again, congrats on finishing Septo Conquest and thanks for all the feedback, and I hope you look out for Lance Adventures, which is now in development.

Dio

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Yes it's a normal behaviour, it seems to be a place where the player is banned. And you cannot surf there neither.

But I advice you to have a look where the sandstorm in order to reach the next Island ;-)

Lol i forgot digglet's cave..Thank you very much ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back