• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON SEPTO CONQUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
Years
  • Hello all! We have been working hard on Lance Adventures, despite reading some poor reviews on Septo Conquest

Anyways, in other news, we are currently working on some new scripts (perhaps some more sophisticated ones than before), some entirely new tile sets, (and editing some already existing ones to suit our needs more specifically) as well as the editing of the evolution of POKeMON, so you can catch all POKeMON - for example, machamp now evolves into Machoke at level 40, instead of through a trade, (which is obviously impossible on such ROMS), and the same applies to other pokemon, such as PORYGON, ONIX etc, as well as the EEVEE evolutions UMBREON and ESPEON, which were always very difficult to get in the original Emerald.
    In edition, we are editing the POKeDEX data, and plan on getting some more screenshots showing further progress very soon. We are even having a mess around with importing new music into the games, however we haven't had much success with that yet.

For anyone who played our debut hack, Septo Conquest, I think we all agree that our hacking skills have progressed far since we began that hack just over a year ago.

Hopefully more screeshots of progress will be on the way soon, especially since I am nearing enough posts to be able to put up screenshots and links. Hooray!

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    im stuck at rikku village when I raise at the top of the deadsman castle there is a ghost and i cant go ahead, i need the scope silph but i dont know where it is, and if i go through route 6b there is a snorlax and i havent the flute

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Don't post updates of your other hack in this thread, make another thread instead.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • Don't post updates of your other hack in this thread, make another thread instead.

We did, but the MODERATORS (hint hint) have not accepted it. We are waiting for the thread to be accepted, or moved from the Scrapbox. I don't suppose you would like to help us with this problem please?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    andyp159 said:
    We did, but the MODERATORS (hint hint) have not accepted it. We are waiting for the thread to be accepted, or moved from the Scrapbox. I don't suppose you would like to help us with this problem please?

If you are having a problem with your hack not being accepted PM Semele or myself, instead of spamming.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • Um, now that you're working on Lance Adventures, I'm not sure if you'll still be fixing bugs for Septo Conquest, but I feel that this one is rather important.

If you enter Deadman's Castle without the Silph Scope (or whatever it may be called in this game), and you make it all the way to the scripted ghost battle at the end, the game forces you into a dead end, with only one direction to walk in, which would be where the ghost is, so you're trapped, for good. I got lucky and was able to use Dig to escape, but you still might want to take a look at the script and change it to force your character into a different direction after running.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • Um, now that you're working on Lance Adventures, I'm not sure if you'll still be fixing bugs for Septo Conquest, but I feel that this one is rather important.

If you enter Deadman's Castle without the Silph Scope (or whatever it may be called in this game), and you make it all the way to the scripted ghost battle at the end, the game forces you into a dead end, with only one direction to walk in, which would be where the ghost is, so you're trapped, for good. I got lucky and was able to use Dig to escape, but you still might want to take a look at the script and change it to force your character into a different direction after running.

OK, thanks for noticing this Glitch. I have taken the time to correct it (it was a movement permissions error causing the problem.)
    The link for Septo Conquest Version 3 is here:
    https://www.divshare.com/download/5353423-6e1(removed, Glitched up)

On this version, besides the adjustment in Deadman's Castle, we have adjusted the title Screen slightly - we found a new tutorial, and patch, so here's a screen:
    POKEMON SEPTO CONQUEST

Credits: X-Buster & GPO for the Title Screen Patch. This helped us a lot.
    (not being used in this game, caused MAJOR glitches adding it to a finished hack)

Anyways, thanks a lot for the continued interest in this hack.

Last edited:

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • When I entered Route 1a in version 3 the game froze.Even the music stopped playing.

Ok, it seems that the new tutorial and patch DESTROYS all the connections within the game. Therefore, we have decided that the title screen above (apologies to X-Buster & GPO) will not be in this hack. We have decided that the best way to go is with the previous, unfinished Kingdra title screen. Here is the link for v.3.1 of Septo Conquest anyways:
    https://www.divshare.com/download/5385187-1ea

Hopefully this will solve any problems that people will be encountering with the game. Thanks again for your continued interest in this hack, and I hope that it will continue.

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • Hello people!

Just a little note to say that something big is being planned with Septo Conquest, but we're keeping it under wraps for now.

More information later!

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    I love the hack, but i have a problem. I just beat the first baron and was outside the fortress town when for so reason my character has an "out of body experience" . In other words she is frozen in place and i can "spirit walk" around her but only a short distance. I can't get back in my body....3 hours down the drain :(

Anyone have a save state right after the first baron...possibly with a wartortle?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    An original and interesting story, keep up the good work.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • How do i get to the 3rd baron? He is behind an electric fence...

I think that to unlock the Baron, you need to locate the 4 switches. These are contained within the trash-cans in the Baron's Lair (similar to the third gym in the original game) Yes, I know that the ideas are crappy, but bear with the story, it improoves muchly towards the end, I promise.

While I'm here, I might as well get some Admin out of the way:

The trailer for Lance Adventures is now up on the wonderfull internet. It can be viewed here:
    https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cx3TqozJgmg
    Please take 3 minuites of your day (presumably you are very busy) to watch it and leave a comment.

Also, just a quick reminder to watch this thread, as something BIG is being planned for Septo Conquest in the future... But I'm going to keep it a secret for now...

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • I think it's actually 2 switches, located in the top half of the room.

And yes, something huge is being planned for Septo Conquest, but unlike AndyP159, I will be kind and reveal one detail for the plan:

We know what it is!

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    I've noticed a fatal glitch. In the village with the haunted mansion thing there is a waterfall you can actually walk down it, but if you do you will get stuck.

im stuck at rikku village when I raise at the top of the deadsman castle there is a ghost and i cant go ahead, i need the scope silph but i dont know where it is, and if i go through route 6b there is a snorlax and i havent the flute
    i have the same problem........

Last edited by a moderator:

Miyu chan

Top Coordinator
    Years
  • This game is really fun!! I'm a little stuck though, I can't seem to get out of mist forest

edit:--Never mind I figured it out?? ^_^''

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    I can't seem to get out of the seafoam cave. Every time i go out the exit the game freezes.

Also on the long bridge after Rikku i encounter some bad glitches where my character would leave her body and become one of the other sprites on the screen and i could only move a few steps. This happened mostly after a battle or after messing around in the menu. I've encounted this glitch a few other places but it was really bad here. So bad that the only way to get around it was to use teleport after severl battles. That is the only way to around it is to warp away.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • This game is really fun!! I'm a little stuck though, I can't seem to get out of mist forest

edit:--Never mind I figured it out?? ^_^''

Yes, that challenge was rather nefarious wasn't it?

I've noticed a fatal glitch. In the village with the haunted mansion thing there is a waterfall you can actually walk down it, but if you do you will get stuck.

i have the same problem........

Ok, that is quite a serious problem. That was one thing that we DIDN'T realise. It must have been a movement permissions error. I appologise for this, and remind people to save at regular intervals, using multiple slots if necceserry.

I can't seem to get out of the seafoam cave. Every time i go out the exit the game freezes.

Also on the long bridge after Rikku i encounter some bad glitches where my character would leave her body and become one of the other sprites on the screen and i could only move a few steps. This happened mostly after a battle or after messing around in the menu. I've encounted this glitch a few other places but it was really bad here. So bad that the only way to get around it was to use teleport after severl battles. That is the only way to around it is to warp away.

Maybe this post from earlier will help...

If I enter in, I'm into Seafom Islands, then all the boulders are already moved as they should be (fortunately cause I didn't founded Strengh yet) so I can reach the Articuno, but if I want to use the 2nd exit, the game just freezes with the name of the road and a blank screen with the music that goes on ...

I beleieve that is because the map that the warps lead out onto is corrupt. This is similar to what hapened in Cerulean City, resulting in all the warps having to be removed.

Also, there are many people complaining that the game creates 'Outer-body experiences' or the sprite changing when you open the menu or go into battle.
    maybe this will help:

- Another glitch present in others ROM hacks, sometimes after win a battle between a trainer or a wild pokemon, you just take control of a npc and can only move in a few directions (many you're even invisible) and the only solution is to Fly/Teleport/Dig/Escape rope if possible.

Sorry about those annoying bugs, they happened to us a lot while we were testing it, and we had to delete the trainers that really give the player a problem. Unfortunately this bug is unfixable, so yeah, it's good to use fly and save often.

Bacially, this is THE main bug in the hack. This was serious problem, but we are unsure of how to fix it. Hopefully it will be less present in Lance Adventures.

Thanks again for your interst in this hack.
    Stay alert for any information on Septo Conquest, especially as we have something BIG (and we mean BIG) planned for the near future.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back