• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Shadow of the Wastes

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    Your hack is gonna be one of my faves instantly. Kaylee if there happens to be a critic just shoo them aside and ignore their mindless babling.

I felt like giving you a helpful tip! It should help anyways...

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Thanks Kitsune, it was more or less what I was going to do anyway... hehe, I'm making this because I like it, not because I want to be "popular".

^o^ And thanks, Machomuu! So... do you need the ips, or are you using XSE? I have XSE, so if you were using that, you could just send me the script and I could put it in... right? ^^' I'm not entirely sure, since I've never worked with anyone else on a hack before. Just my own experiments by myself.

It'll be a little less convienient if you need the ips, because then I wouldn't be able to map again until I got the scripted file back. Either way is fine, but I'll need to know so that I know whether I can just figure out your job (I have an idea of something you could help with already, maybe), or whether I need to finish up some of the mapping first.

Also, I'm putting you on the first post. But that arrangement is okay with you, right? I've seen too many hacks get major setbacks because someone quit the team. You seem nice, so I don't think you'd do that without a good reason, but sometimes things happen, you know?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Thanks Kitsune, it was more or less what I was going to do anyway... hehe, I'm making this because I like it, not because I want to be "popular".

^o^ And thanks, Machomuu! So... do you need the ips, or are you using XSE? I have XSE, so if you were using that, you could just send me the script and I could put it in... right? ^^' I'm not entirely sure, since I've never worked with anyone else on a hack before. Just my own experiments by myself.

It'll be a little less convienient if you need the ips, because then I wouldn't be able to map again until I got the scripted file back. Either way is fine, but I'll need to know so that I know whether I can just figure out your job (I have an idea of something you could help with already, maybe), or whether I need to finish up some of the mapping first.

Also, I'm putting you on the first post. But that arrangement is okay with you, right? I've seen too many hacks get major setbacks because someone quit the team. You seem nice, so I don't think you'd do that without a good reason, but sometimes things happen, you know?
    Yeah, I'm ok with it, there's no way I'm quitting, absolutely no way, and yes, I use XSE.

Jojo-

Grass Type Lover. ~
    Years
    Wow, this sounds like it will be amazing. =D

Too bad I cannot help in anyway, I would love to, but cannot sprite at all. >.<

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Well, all, I've been mapping some more, maybe I'll show you all some more maps soon. I don't know though. I have a pretty good idea what Meadowsville should look like, and I'm pretty happy with it (which doesn't mean I won't change it later; I still might). Did a couple houses, including the player's awesome house. Also, my sister (who isn't on PC) and I were talking about her being a trainer in-game.

Just thought I'd tell you all what I was up to. ^-^

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    I'm still thinking about what trainer I would want to be on the game. You did allow me to be put on the game as a trainer right? Or was I wrong. Anyways if you want to put your sister in the game then just do it, in fact, I am putting myself as a major character in my own game! :3

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
    People seem to like to do that!
    Zel did that in Pokemon ShinyGold, he is the Carlos character.
    In Pokemon Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers, DestinedJagold is in it, I'm pretty sure, as the sandslash.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Well, Kitsune, we'll have to see what space I have. But I will probably let you, as long as you pick a generic trainer sprite/type (ace trainer/breeder/etc). After all, Alacci is supposed to be the "ultimate" place where all the hotshot trainers come to test their skills.

I'm actually going to be a character too, hopefully by the name of Krysteenah, if it will fit. Mostly a helpful character, although I do want the player to have a chance to battle me (most probably by force, as I'm mostly a peaceful person ^^).

But as far as what all will happen there, I'd like to not spoil it. (Besides, I don't have every detail planned out. Makes it more interesting and fun for me if I make up the specifics as I go!)

Oh, yeah, if I don't lose patience, I'd like to resprite the trainers, and maybe (but I emphasize maybe) the Pokemon too.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    Well.....If I had to pick what type of trainer id be, id be a:

Cooltrainer
    Name: Brandon (Or Sasuke)

and as for the PKMN im thinking about these:

1st: Eevee
    2nd: Flareon
    3rd: Jolteon
    4th: Vaporeon
    5th: Nintales
    6th: Pikachu

as for the levels, I think they would be in the range of 47-52
    So that means ill probably be a trainer just a little bit before or after the elite 4. You can decide if you want to put me in the game or not. It dosent matter to me!

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
    Some reason, for some reason, just boiling down indside me, I have a feeling that I will LOVE this hack when it is finished!

Oh, and Kitsune Link: Yeah, I also think girls could make a better hack than guys, they have more determination than men. (At least with my experiences!)

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Kitsune, your levels are not a problem, not a problem at all...
    hehe...

There will be several very strong trainers in the deep places of Alacci. And I'm not protecting the player from them, either. The only protection you get is the paths. The only trainers along the path are low leveled.

By the paths, even a beginning trainer can get to every town/city but one. Fight City is off limits unless you have all the Pins. Once you gain access to Fight City, you still can't go out the North Gate until you've defeated all the Great Gyms. But other than that, you can go almost anywhere. I do plan on making places (and items) you can't get to without an HM, but they will be wild places for catching pokemon, mostly.

The story behind that is that some of the wild pokemon in Alacci are so dangerous that rookie trainers, and anyone who isn't a trainer, need ways to get from town to town without meeting one.

I actually had a fakemon that was a major cause of this panic in the stories my sister and I made up, which was a very evil ghost/dark cat that would roam about at night and actually attack people. Of course, I won't actually be adding this unless I can get a light type added, because the base pokemon can end up as this very evil pokemon, or as its opposite, a very sweet and loving psychic/light type.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
    Well, for the psychic/light, you could have psy/fire, or psy/electric. Or plain psychic, or you coul leave the good one out. Make it like latios or something...

But I wouldn't recommend adding light type, because then there's lots of pokemon and moves to change ie light screen, flash and maybe celebi... and then you have to choose which types the 2 type pokemon should lose for them to get light. It's just too confusing...

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    It almost certainly WOULD be too complicated for me. I was merely explaining something about the region.

But I will NOT add one if I don't add the other. If I add Miraou (the dark/ghost), then I have to add Anjat (the light/psychic). One of the big themes underlying the major events in this game is that in the end, everything is a giant balance. The region of Alacci itself is at the mercy of the balance between the region's legendaries. I don't want to give away too much, but balance is a seriously important idea in this hack.

Oh, and yes, Miraou and Anjat are cat pokemon. The base pokemon, Purrdy, evolves into a dark type or a light type (they do have names, but I don't remember right now), and then the dark one evolves into Miraou and the light one evolves into Anjat.

And if I did add the Light type, I probably wouldn't change any existing pokemon's types to light (although I reseerve the right to change my mind!), but I see what you mean about moves. But if I can, I still want to add it. If I can't, that's okay. But I have to give up on Miraou and Anjat then.

(I heard what you said about fire and elecric. A friend of mine said we don't need the light type because of those two types. I more or less replied that we have both ghosts AND dark pokemon, although they're very similar, and that while fire and electric can create light, in and of themselves they are not light. The light type is different enough from those two that I can't just fake it. And we'd lose the balance with Miraou if Anjat was only Psychic.)

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    By the way. If you don't want to make me a general trainer you can make me the current elite 4 champion from Johto that has not been beaten in 10 years ever since Red has been champion. The plot behind me visiting your reigion is that I heard of a great darkness that spread across the reigion and that I wanted to destroy it in order to bring peace and and harmony to the world. I would be a guy that would battle you and help you in some battles maybe popping up from time to time. No I don't have to be a gym leader or the champion of that reigion as I feel the Champion should actually be you instead!

Now all that I wrote above is just if you wanted to put a real plot behind me. I thought that might help give you another twist to the story that you are making in this pick and choose type hack.

You can decide if you want to do that or not. I'm not forcing you to do it at all. Lulz..

RetroGamer379

Call Me Retro!
    Years
    By the way. If you don't want to make me a general trainer you can make me the current elite 4 champion from Johto that has not been beaten in 10 years ever since Red has been champion. The plot behind me visiting your reigion is that I heard of a great darkness that spread across the reigion and that I wanted to destroy it in order to bring peace and and harmony to the world. I would be a guy that would battle you and help you in some battles maybe popping up from time to time. No I don't have to be a gym leader or the champion of that reigion as I feel the Champion should actually be you instead!

Now all that I wrote above is just if you wanted to put a real plot behind me. I thought that might help give you another twist to the story that you are making in this pick and choose type hack.

You can decide if you want to do that or not. I'm not forcing you to do it at all. Lulz..

Uh, why would the ex-champion have a Eevee on his team? I just saw what team you wanted. I dunno, I guess.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    Oh wait...i mustuve typed somthing wrong...lulz...im not ex-Champion of Johto. I AM THE CURRENT CHAMP! O_O

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    ^-^ Hehehe, this argument is actually amusing...

Actually, though, Kitsune, your story kind of clashes with the stories my sister and I made, which is what Alacci is based off of. I haven't told everything about the region - or what's been going on in other regions.

As for the Eevee, nobody says that the Eevee did much fighting against Bruno. But that's irrelevant, since the Champion of the Indigo League is Lance. (There is a backstory as to why he is the champ you fight, even though Ash trumps him... but I might mention it in game, so it's no fun if I spoil it!)

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
    Hey, can I be a trainer too? I want to be a Bug Catcher
    Pokemon: Shadow of the Wastes

With:
    Shedinja
    Gligar
    Dustox
    Ariados
    Scizor
    Typhlosion (yeah I know it's not a bug but it's awesome)

lvl 55-60 maybe? Not a special guy, just a regular trainer near the E4 place.

Last edited:
    Back