• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Shadows of Justice OOC Thread

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
  • Exactly like they would in-game. You'd just have to describe it as something like, "Snivy used a Tail Whip, casually wagging his tail back and forth, making the foe Lillipup lower its Defenses slightly." It's all in the description =)

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • I had written Leer much as a distraction tactic. In game it lowers one's defence, but seeing as that's hard to think of as possible in the "real" world, I had seen it as distracting the foe, leaving them somewhat open to a damaging attack. Either way, the one which is affected by the Leer attack takes more damage afterwards.

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
  • It's ok I'll try to make it work. Even if I have to go through a water pokemon training montage.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Alright, well if you have some trouble working with Tynamo's moveset, I don't mind giving him something in replacement to one of his Electric attacks to work with.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • I have a question is there a way for a trainer to check the stats of the Pokemon they are carrying? Like for my character to be able to check the stats of her newly acquired Lillipup.

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • I second this actually. It would be useful to have a way for our trainers to know a little more about their Pokemon, such as Movelist, ability, etc, without making it seem as if out trainers are to high and mighty instantly knowing everything about our Pokemon.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Well, considering there is a lack of a PokeDex, I'd say that if you want the authenticity of learning about your Pokemon, to use the PokePedia. Remember, all I said about it is that it's got complete coverage on every known Pokemon; movesets, evolution requirements, etc. You can manipulate that however you see fit to get the necessary information on your Pokemon.

As for Natures, well those aren't for anything beyond giving your Pokemon a bit of personality. Since there aren't really "stats" in this RP, your Pokemon's Nature does not hurt or benefit its growth.

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
  • Trainer Data

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • Ah, I didn't think to ask what season it was! I had forgotten that the time of year can make such a big difference in Black and White when in the previous generations it had no affect what-so-ever. Just remember to tell us if the season ever changes =)

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
  • Ya I just assumed it was spring when I wrote my posts. I'll keep it noted in future posts as well.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Don't worry, I'll make sure to keep everyone up-to-date with the seasons.

@Neiko: If you mean in-game? I'm not sure. In the RP? Sure, why not?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    OK. Because I saw a screenshot of that and I got curious. Also, you kind of skipped my post.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Nope, didn't catch. I mean...those things are freaky. Seriously. But how does battle experience work?

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
    Years
  • It seems after the end of a day Spikey will level you up which means after you have posted everything in the guidelines I think it's somewhere in the FAQ sections on the main page of this thread

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • I mean...those things are freaky. Seriously.

Aww, don't be so mean to Haymitch! Ain't he the cutest little ball of fluff you ever did see? No? Actually, I agree with you. Still, it's an interesting Pokemon, and hopefully Melody will find a move tutor which can teach it Thunderbolt. I don't know why I've been so obbsessed with teaching it that lately, but it seems like an interesting option in its moveset. No-one would ever see it coming! Well apart from you lot...

Back