• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    when will the next version be out im at the ice cave and i want to continue on with my quest and will you be adding the kanto region like the old gold and maybe the hoen region that a be way cool

Read the first post he answers that in plain sight

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hmmm, let's see. Well, as you all know, there are some things that I've been changing around, and there's stuff that needs to be done yet (like the "elusive" female sprites... :P), I can't really predict when could be the next Beta be released 'cause things will get harder for me during the coming weeks, thus breaking the rythm I used to have. Of course, I'm not the only one doing hacks around here, so why not having a look at all of them?, maybe you'll find stuff to keep you entertained... :D

Just in case you've forgotten, the next Beta will go up to Cerulean's Mysty's Gym (including events on the Power Plant, and going back to Johto and getting Celebii, and obviously the E4 in the middle)

Hmm... The comment on Berries & Apricorns, I don't think I want to change that, because I try to stick as close as possible, and besides, since Kanto didn't have many berry trees, maybe I could start putting a few more there, along with some berries that didn't exist in the original Gold.

I already said it, there's a Snorlax in the original FR, so I'm using that one.

zak: I really haven't searched around to make flight positions yet. I guess I'm not doing that till I really feel like it's needed.

ooka: I don't know why you haven't found one (maybe it's luck-related), it should still be 50-50.

That's all I can think about with the posts (I don't think I've forgotten anything, maybe... I'm avoiding the "pirate talk", as always). So, talking about the game, I finished with Vermillion and I'm starting the route north. OH! I haven't mapped the interior of the building till I have a good idea on what it will be about. Most likely something for the player to battle and win items. Because, even though an hotel would not be a strange idea (it's a coast city, after all), I prefer it to be a place for training.

OK, so I'll update my status in the first post, I think with the time I have today, I'll make it to Saffron, and maybe I'll dedicate some time in the weekend to do some stuff to it (But I have my first assignment, so we'll see...)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I don't think this is a glitch, more of an oddity but the little icy patch in front of ice path has wild pokemon. I didn't know if that was on purpose but it seemed out of place.

It's for this reason: Since he used inside Ice Cave tiles, those tiles act as 'Grass Tiles' in AdvanceMap (which just means that the have the ability to have wild Pokemon pop-up), so he cannot fix it unless he removes all wild Pokemon from the Route, and since there's wild grass, he can't do that. There's no way to fix it unless he changes the icy tiles to normal tiles that cannot have any wild Pokemon in them. Just ignore that.

This has probably been brought up more than once so dont jump all over me for asking but what is with the pikachu behind your house at the beginning?

Zel just pops in some rare starters from previous generations. Congrats, you've found one! So far he's put in Charmander, Treecko, Mudkip, Pikachu, and I'm not sure if there are any others. I don't remember quite well, but those 4 I've found.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2016
    Zel do you delete the Unknown Dungeon(where you find Mewtwo) or not.

And the other place?

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • hmmmm

havin a lil problem.............. i was playing shiny gold , loaded the save file n realised it had changed my name from 'gold' to 'gol' im not sure why..... and didnt realy notice wen it happend, anyone else had this problem?

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • Zel do you delete the Unknown Dungeon(where you find Mewtwo) or not.

And the other place?

i cant remember if zel said he was going to make a special event of he was going to use the unknown dungeon or not, it was discussed in the 80-95 pages if you're up for reading

2Scribble

I post therefor I am
    Years
  • How goes the work on the female trainer sprite? My little sister has been looking forward to playing this game - and she's picky about playing as a boy (whiney ass lol)

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • zel isn't working on the female sprite right now, at least i dont think so, im pretty sure he's just gonna get the game done and then worry about all the other stuff

Years
  • Zel there is a little tiny problem that doesnt really need to be taken care of and you might already know but if you are surfing in new bark town the thir part of the fence from the right is walkable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2007
    Looks Very good. Keep it up, the first remake ive seen thats looking very well, keep it up and dont give up.

dartdude6

Legend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    I just have a few things to say:
    1. Great Remake! Keep up the good work!
    2.While playing, I noticed a few pokemon appearing when they shouldn't. For instance, I've found Shroomish, Igglybuff, and a Zigzagoon.
    3. If I update my game from 3.5 to the upcoming version 4.0, will I have to erase all my data?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2013
    I just have a few things to say:
    1. Great Remake! Keep up the good work!
    2.While playing, I noticed a few pokemon appearing when they shouldn't. For instance, I've found Shroomish, Igglybuff, and a Zigzagoon.
    3. If I update my game from 3.5 to the upcoming version 4.0, will I have to erase all my data?

No, just repatch with a new clean Fire Red ROM, and then move the sav file over. Then it's good.

Also, zel made it so that hoenn pokemon are available.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    I noticed, while playing Shiny Gold and on the glitch section of the first post, that you're using the Island maps for Johto. If it's possible, I'm not that knowledgeable in hacking ROMs, to use the Map I've made and is attached, go ahead.

I've also provided a map of Kanto connected to it for reference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back