• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Btw Zel, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo finds out about this soon (not in a bad way=P) I see like 3 questions a day on yahoo answers asking about shiny gold. =P

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2007
Hello Zel, I have been supporting your project for a while now, I even showed most of my friends how to put this on their computer. I was hard since I'm on a mac, but the ROM hack is worth all of it. Also, NO!!! I'm not going to ask a noobish question(s). I'm positive no one asked these questions before. If so, I'm sorry.

1) Are you able to catch a Milotic/ Feebas in this game? I saw that the person on the road to Victory had a Lvl 55 one, and after I beat him I checked the pokedex and it said location unknown. Are you only able to catch Feebas, not Milotic?

2) Still pertaining to the Feebas/Milotic situation, if Feebas was available in this game, how would you evolve it? By leveling up?

3) This is somewhat pertaining to Shiny Gold, but where can you buy a flash card? I'm looking foward to playing this on my DS when it's done.

Good work on this hack Zel, you made my dreams and I'm supporting you a full 239%

Last edited:

Xiaoran

Dark and Fire Trainer
Years
GJ zel :D

zel, I sent u a PM, I'll be REALLY glad if you check that and answer me.

And so far, it is an A++++ Hack! If Pokemon Staff would try to remake Pokemon Gold, they couldn't do it better ^^

he will dude, trust me, hes cool about that

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Hello Zel, I have been supporting your project for a while now, I even showed most of my friends how to put this on their computer. I was hard since I'm on a mac, but the ROM hack is worth all of it. Also, NO!!! I'm not going to ask a noobish question(s). I'm positive no one asked these questions before. If so, I'm sorry.

1) Are you able to catch a Milotic/ Feebas in this game? I saw that the person on the road to Victory had a Lvl 55 one, and after I beat him I checked the pokedex and it said location unknown. Are you only able to catch Feebas, not Milotic?

2) Still pertaining to the Feebas/Milotic situation, if Feebas was available in this game, how would you evolve it? By leveling up?

3) This is somewhat pertaining to Shiny Gold, but where can you buy a flash card? I'm looking foward to playing this on my DS when it's done.

Good work on this hack Zel, you made my dreams and I'm supporting you a full 239%

1) Zel Said you will be able to catch Every pokemon in the game.

2) It will probably be able to evolve by the use of an item, or by leveling up

3) Just google for the flash card

I found a grachics glitch. In the Beta Preveiw. Violet City's Pokemon Center has floor tiles where it's supposed to have black tiles.

Zel's said he is not looking for bugs right now, but I think he will be when the fourth beta comes out.

BTW I have read all the Pages for Pokemon ShinyGold and I have been here since page 22 and I want Zel to know that I support him all the way!

nguyende

Student
Years
One question; can only Togepi hatch from the egg which is obtained at Violet City? Or is it like the system in Pokemon G/S/C ?

Well, I had my crystal version stolen a while back, so I may be wrong, but... I think you are referring to a second egg that is obtained. On crystal you recieved one egg from Violet City, which hatches into a Togepi. I believe there is a second egg obtained, at the daycare, which hatched into either a Magby, Elekid, Smoochum, or Cleffa, along with the move Dizzy Punch and a 50% chance of being a shiny... Of course, like I have stated, I haven't played crystal in a long while (I've recently downloaded the ROM, but I'm only in Violet City), and my memory can fail me at times... So maybe there isn't a second egg... Hmmm... :\
However, I do remember owning an egg which hatched into an Elekid, and another file in which it hatched into a Smoochum. On the file I had before my game was stolen, my egg hatched into a Shiny Cleffa :D
But yeah, I can't even tell if I'm on-topic anymore... I'm pretty sure there was a second egg though, however I do not know if there was one in Gold/Silver (I played Crystal, which had quite a few changes).

BTW I have read all the Pages for Pokemon ShinyGold and I have been here since page 22 and I want Zel to know that I support him all the way!

Well, I've only been here since page 147... but you have my support too! I'm looking forward to the completion of ShinyGold (as I am sure everyone else here is as well). I'd wish you good luck, but you obviously don't need it! (I mean that in a good way, by the way... lol) :)

Last edited:

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Well, I had my crystal version stolen a while back, so I may be wrong, but... I think you are referring to a second egg that is obtained. On crystal you recieved one egg from Violet City, which hatches into a Togepi. I believe there is a second egg obtained, at the daycare, which hatched into either a Magby, Elekid, Smoochum, or Cleffa, along with the move Dizzy Punch and a 50% chance of being a shiny... Of course, like I have stated, I haven't played crystal in a long while (I've recently downloaded the ROM, but I'm only in Violet City), and my memory can fail me at times... So maybe there isn't a second egg... Hmmm... :\
However, I do remember owning an egg which hatched into an Elekid, and another file in which it hatched into a Smoochum. On the file I had before my game was stolen, my egg hatched into a Shiny Cleffa :D
But yeah, I can't even tell if I'm on-topic anymore... I'm pretty sure there was a second egg though, however I do not know if there was one in Gold/Silver (I played Crystal, which had quite a few changes).

It could have also hatched into a pichu, but I never herd of the 50% chance of being a shiny thing...

Years
Hey zel?

I know that every pokemon is gonna be in Shiny Gold, but where is Articuno,Zapdos and Moltres gonna be(after all, you can't get them in the original G/S/C)?

SkH

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2008
No, there won't be info, because I never specify any dates. The releases depend on the progress I have, and the goals I specify.

Some screenshot of the E4 (first part)(you may have seen them in the video, but whatever...)

Wow, looks very good!!! KEEP IT UP!! :)

Guzv4

Stronger than ever!
Years
I don't know if someone said that before, but you could put the Legendary dogs in caves, just like the Regis in the R/S/E.

Btw your hack rocks, and im sure that it will be the Hoty...

EDIT:
It could also be a tyrogue

You could also get a Smoochum.

Last edited:

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Great work Zel nice to see your back after that virus attack :).
Looks like excluding the bugs, the game is coming close to and end any idea on when the game would be complete excluding all the bug.

btw this thread has reached page 150 "gotta catch em all"

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
Hi, I just want to say your hack looks wonderful. I tried to install it but I have like zero skills in pc and was unable too. i've always wanted to play something like this but I can't install it.

Keep on going making the game. I think it looks amazing.

Years
zel those screens look so good, nice work

everyone talking about the radiotower in lavender town should relise that zel propably has something cool for it, like a battle tower or something

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
zel those screens look so good, nice work

everyone talking about the radiotower in lavender town should relise that zel propably has something cool for it, like a battle tower or something

Zel already said that there will be a Jess&Jamie event there. But it will stay a Radio Tower. At least Silph&Co will get a few floors and another Jess&Jamie event.

mmm maybe the J&J events are similar yet different from r/b/y/fr/lg

nguyende

Student
Years
It could have also hatched into a pichu, but I never herd of the 50% chance of being a shiny thing...
No, it was able to hatch into any baby pokemon, except togepi I believe, and it did have a 50% chance to be shiny =P
Yeah, I forgot to include Pichu on my list, didn't I? :\
and poor Igglybuff and Tyrogue, I left them out too, didn't I? :P

So, the second egg obtained at the daycare can hatch into either a Magby, Elekid, Smoochum, Pichu, Tyrogue, Igglybuff or Cleffa, along with the move Dizzy Punch and a 50% chance of being a shiny... I think I got it all that time :)
Thanx to everyone who helped to clear this up, I really can't rely on my memory sometimes... :P

Anyway, keep up with the great work Zel! (and we've reached page 150... hehe...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back