• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2007
Ok, regarding the screen that asks "Want to use WHIRLPOOL". How do you get Whirlpool, if not by TM or HM? (I'm sure someone asked this question already; if so, somebody please direct me to the post that does ask this.)
After completing the Radio Tower, Lance gives you a Clamperl which knows Whirlpool. I do not know why Zel did not make it a HM, and I'm sure he has a good reason, but that's where you get waterfall.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
Ok, now I'm embarrassed for asking that, but thanks!

Also, Dragon Claw (TM02) made me laugh when Clair said "No, it doesn't have anything to do with my fingernails."

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
Years
I'm not sure how much whirlpool is needed in the game, because i've yet to play it due to my computer being fried, but... what if someone were to release that clamperl, or something, then what would we do without whirlpool?

Goatman56

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I have to admit, I am rather impressed. Normally when I see a remake of Gold, I want to galge my eyes out because everyone's doing it. But this actually looks great and I am very interested in playing it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
Which gets me thinking about the purpose of that passageway above Blackthorn City, and do you get up there from the Ice Path.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Good news guys, he'll be able to use GSC remixes in the game, as I've just figured out how to import midis into GBA games, via Sappy 2006. Wow... awesome dude, I actually got a midi to work in-game.

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Confused.... I thought B4 was just going up to beating Misty? Did you extend it to after Sabrina?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
This looks like a great ROM. Keep up the good work. Can I download it? I'm too lazy to fish through posts hehe
Go to the first post (sigh).

Confused.... I thought B4 was just going up to beating Misty? Did you extend it to after Sabrina?
Well, Saffron is between Vermillion and Cerulean, so you have to pass through there to reach Cerulean and battle Misty...

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Go to the first post (sigh).

Well, Saffron is between Vermillion and Cerulean, so you have to pass through there to reach Cerulean and battle Misty...

Hmm... I coulda swore that you still go Pewter -> Cerulean in G/S/C, granted I haven't played it in years... Hmm... I'll have to look into that =D (Sabrina still creeps me out after I re-watched the anime episode XD)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 4, 2008
Hmm... I coulda swore that you still go Pewter -> Cerulean in G/S/C, granted I haven't played it in years... Hmm... I'll have to look into that =D (Sabrina still creeps me out after I re-watched the anime episode XD)

no you must go to lavender town to get a radio card (i think) so you can wake the snorelax blocking the entrance to diglets cave.

so you should battle lt.surge then Sabrina then brock ect.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
no you must go to lavender town to get a radio card (i think) so you can wake the snorelax blocking the entrance to diglets cave.

so you should battle lt.surge then Sabrina then brock ect.

Well, actually you can battle the gym leaders in any order, but the most resonable way to beat them are when you are in the city.
So there are a few paths.

Most people do: Vermillion (Beat Surge) -> Saffron (Beat Sabrina) -> Cerulean -> Power Plant
-> Fly to Cerulean (Power plant part/rocket fight & Beat Misty)
-> Power Plant (fixing it) -> Lavender (Get Radio Card upgrade)
-> Fushia/Celedon (Beat ???/Erika)-> Celedon/Fushia -> Fly to Vermillion (Catch/KO Snorlax)
-> Pewter (Beat Brock) -> Viridian -> Pallet -> Cinnaber (Blue event)
-> Seafoam (Beat Blain) -> Fly to Viridian (Beat Blue) -> Fly to Pallet (Oak removes guards to Silver Mt) -> Mt Silver (Beat Red)

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
Whooo...Saffron Gym...I remember now...In Silver, i spent 2 HOURS to exit from this gym....ah remerbers remembers...

Just a fantastic hack, zel. I can't wait before you'll show the magnet train i just loved it.

Oh yes, just a question.

image57uu0.png

If you haven't any pokemon tha&t can learn surf with you, and you jump ? You are...stuck !

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Whooo...Saffron Gym...I remember now...In Silver, i spent 2 HOURS to exit from this gym....ah remerbers remembers...

Just a fantastic hack, zel. I can't wait before you'll show the magnet train i just loved it.

Oh yes, just a question.

image57uu0.png

If you haven't any pokemon tha&t can learn surf with you, and you jump ? You are...stuck !

Zel already answered this question.
He will make a normal road too from the cave to the city.

Years
Zel,this hack is incredible!!I played beta 3.5 and all the events are very-well planned,and the mapping is excelent!Unfortunately I found a few glitches,but all were poster or were in the glitch list in the first post.I read the entire thread and I must say you are a very good scripter and mapper.And we all realise how hard these things are.Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
In order:

1. Beat the Kimono Girls in Ecruteak City, then talk to the old man. He'll give you HM03 (Surf), which you need Morty's badge to use in the field.

2. You get Badge 3 in Goldenrod City Gym after you calm Whitney down. Talk to the Trainer nearby that says "Oh no, you made WHITNEY cry," then talk to Whitney.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Hey um guys I downloaded the game and played it and also when the far fetched i talked to it and then it stopped i talked to it and flew out of the forest... and i doing something wrong :(

yeah it went to the top of the forest thing then it goes right and runs through the trees,

NVm i pasted it now Miltank keeps potioning and drinking milk and the attract never wears off. Thanks zel ><

Last edited:

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Ok thats it Miltank keeps healing itsel isnt milk drink have any pp its like ifinite ive been playing for an hour on the same battle -.- ugh sigh i beated her whats gonna happen in the next gym battle /cry

Last edited:
Years
Well (tries to read the question more clearly), I'd reccomend training every pokemon in your party to a very high level... Or If you don't want to play fair, you can cheat with gameshark and action replay and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back