• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko Tamer

AKA 'Darkliger'
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2012
    Wow, Zel! I had no idea you had already gotten this far! I'm impressed!

I do have one question though. When the next beta comes out, will I still be able to use my saved game from the previous beta?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    Wow, Zel! I had no idea you had already gotten this far! I'm impressed!

I do have one question though. When the next beta comes out, will I still be able to use my saved game from the previous beta?

yes u will be able to use ur old save data as logn as u still have the save file!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Alrighty, this is the last set. This finishes the fix of the Power Plant event, and the whole Copycat event to be able to travel using the Magnet Train. However, there are a few things on the Magnet Train moving that will be pretty obvious to notice.
    The Magnet Train is made with tiles, it's not a sprite, so basically the train and the location will move at the same time -_-
    And, that tileset didn't have that much variety in green tones, you can guess the train moving is located in the same train station map, so it has to share the tileset and palettes of the train station.
    That the good part about it, is that it can still (and I'm sure sooner or later will) be improved :P

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

No offense, but I thought Copycat was a little girl. In the screen, she looks 14.

Raqib12

Hedgehog
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 20, 2013
    For anyone using EZV, are you having trouble playing Pokemon Shiny Gold on it? It runs on emulator perfectly, but whenever I flash it onto EZV, it pops up as a DS Option Pack

rithwik

Modern story maker
    Years
    I though that might be the case. Thanks for confirming it. I didn't want to erase my old fire red save for no reason. Also This hack is extremely well done. The coding and scripts must have been hectic to make. Are you going to add a Celebi event like the one with the GS Ball?

yes Zel is going to add the celebi event, he mentioned it some pages ago. Its hard to go through all the pages. Its nice to hear from u Zel that u r going to release a beta soon. i have been waiting for a long time( many have, but its all because of the "virus attack"). Its gonna be like the "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl" release. I feel bad for people who still dont know about this game.

roxas123

Trainer
    Years
    Its amazing I agree but I have a quick questoin. For the fight with Red are you going to be using a custom Ash sprite for the battle at Mt. Silver or is it just going to the Trainer Pose from FR/LG? And are you going to make it a Tougher fight? Because when I played Red in Silver version he was weak. Can you hack his Pika's stats so its not a OHKO everytime you face him? Also... Zel have you ever concidered using Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sprites for the legendaries such as Ho-oh and Lugia in the final version. I know there is a huge graphic difference but the Ho-oh from that game is majestic. Its just an idea you can see their Mystery Dungeon sprites on Serebii feel free to disregard this suggestion.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    one question in the old gold game like for the train ur face shows in the window so how come not in this screenie :P?

Well, I can't put his face, as the player still is around in that image (he's the one doing the scrolling... O.o), but its sprite is not shown.
    And, I could do a tile with the hero's sprite, but then, what if player picked the heroine...?

Where can i buy fire, thunder and water stones`????

You can't buy stones yet, but you can get one of the stones from the Dragon Masters at Dragon's Den in the Preview, or in the next Betas (but the stone you get depends in the order you battled them)

No offense, but I thought Copycat was a little girl. In the screen, she looks 14.

In the original they gave her one of the teenaged girls sprites. But, in the end, if she mimicks the player, then she should be around the hero's age, I think.

Yep, do you wonder what's all that "Say NO to pirates" saying? It all started with that (and it all started like at January, now pirates have multiplied like a virus)
    Keep telling all your friends, and they to their friends that never buy something that Nintendo never released (After all, everyone can get the game for PC and for free here :D)

Years
    Great to see everything is going smoothly. Everything looks great and if the only thing someone is complaining about is the age of a character, then you must be doing well.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Great to see everything is going smoothly. Everything looks great and if the only thing someone is complaining about is the age of a character, then you must be doing well.

yea Zel is doing a great job. although i still think he should sell it to nintendo =3 they would probably wanna buy it kuz of the awesome graphics and small glitches,which they can fix and stuff. well anyway,Zel weve all been wating patiently for the beta,but you said it would be coming late June,or if not then,the latest the first days of june and..........tommorow is the fourth so....well anyway,does anybody know how to get that cool lapras in shiny gold that i saw the screenshot of in front page? Thx ahead of time, and since this mesage isnt off-topic (yet) if anybody is bored come to my thread on pokemon legend! just type in Zel Shiny Gold and you'll find it.

Keep up the great work,Zel!

Pokemon Legend Prime Supporter,Pokemon Legend Version Elite4 Member,Pokemon Legend Spriter (will also sprite for other games if you need me),~Alex~

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Questions about beta 4.

I need to make some questions Zel...maybe theyve been answered already but here goes...
    Where is the end of the beta 4?
    Is the Celebi event included on beta 4?
    Is the beta 4 gona have the Battle music from the real gold not the fire red ones?(the music battle is the only thing missing on the game so that we fell like on the old times!)

And one more time...
    GREAT JOB,Keep it up!:)

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    I need to make some questions Zel...maybe theyve been answered already but here goes...
    Where is the end of the beta 4?
    Is the Celebi event included on beta 4?
    Is the beta 4 gona have the Battle music from the real gold not the fire red ones?(the music battle is the only thing missing on the game so that we fell like on the old times!)

And one more time...
    GREAT JOB,Keep it up!:)

*sigh* this has been answered so many times..well,here goes.

1:The end of the next beta is after the third gym (power plant)
    2:Yes,Celebi is capturable in Beta4
    3:Yea,Zel MIGHT add some...dont know for certain

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    rei173: till the weekend still are the first days of July. Don't get annoying, please.

Kapuxa_Blaziken: The Beta would end after fixing the Power Plant and returning the lost doll to Copycat in order to the Magnet Train Pass. And, no, there won't be new tracks in this Beta, because my plan is to add'em all for the next one.

Adammac: Really? You mean, playing the games? Or getting the prizes? (and which kind of prizes?) I may have something wrong there, anybody would like to confirm this?

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Playing without Coin Case is true you don't need a Coin case to get coins. After you bought coins you can just play and pick up prize, your coins will count so you can get prizes

trevor813

Its Just Me I Am Zero
    Years
    Well, I can't put his face, as the player still is around in that image (he's the one doing the scrolling... O.o), but its sprite is not shown.
    And, I could do a tile with the hero's sprite, but then, what if player picked the heroine...?
    oh i didnt think about that lol well do what u gotta do ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back