• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Zel, one more thing, I expected the gates entering and exiting the National Park are the ones that cannot be entered with bikes. Almost all gates cannot be entered by bikes. And, not all headbutt trees are HEADBUTT-able. Is it for added fun?

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2008
Another thing, when you fly to New Bark Town, the description said "Pallet Town" in addition to coming back from route 27,
And if I fly to Pallet Town from New Bark Town, I get to New Bark Town

Axenild

Cloaked Schemer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 7, 2007
Theres alot of bugs to work out....but still the hack is doing great, I hope beta 5 comes out soon!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 27, 2013
hi
after i deafeated bugsy and my rival i went to the flower or what doc you call it and i found a wht apicorn i went to kurt but he was doing some work when can i give him the apricorn

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2007
Wow, you are playing a really old version, download the new one from the first page.

yeah the thing is i cant get it to work. i saw this thing on utube showing the tutorial on how to istall it but i cant get the IPS i think its called, the site on the thing isnt rite. u no anythin bout that?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey Zel, There is just a small problem at the begianing.
At the begianing of the game when your mom gives you the pokégear( VS Seeker).
Its seems to loop.When you leave the house and go back in and walk back to the stairs the event repeats. I guess it only repeats once becuze i walk in to see if it would do it again but it didn't. Just thought you would like to know. Oh, I was playing
ShinyGold X version 4. Oh great job. I cann't wait for it to be finished. I'll let you know if i run into anything else.

Yep, I checked it and it happened to me as well (but just once, I tried to see if it happened more than once, but nope) I'll try to remember checking on the event.

Hey zel, when I load the new fixed version, a black screen, then a gold screen, then a black screen again pop-up instead of loading the rom. Any help?

Patching or rom problem, most likely.

And I believe Jasmine's Pokemon are stronger than Pryce's O_O

Well, the rest of the post is currently known glitches. And, if you play the X version then that is quite different :P

Hey zel is the famechecker going to be in it, but like with gold people

also i was wondering, will declarations be in it, cause that was one of my favourtie things about gold

If I start using the Famechecker, I'm sure it would have a lot of problems, with all the OW changes and stuff like that. I want to avoid problems, so, for now, I'd say "no".

if I were to use a walk trhough walls code in kanto, what would happen?

You'd probably end up with weird events not occuring, or sprites with no scripts assigned to them freezing your game, that kind of bad stuff (so, avoid cheats, but nobody listens my warnings... :()

My remidy was a buy anything code. To buy it, use the code for buying the Secret Key.

Haha, good one! :laugh:

Zel, do you think there are different OWs that is used for the day and time-based events? I just observed that while playing the GBC version with RTC down, opening the Pokegear and switching between features. Days change like this: Monday->Friday, Wednesday->Sunday, Tuesday->Thursday->Saturday. Those have their unique event of the day (M-W: S.S. Aqua at Olivine Port, W-Su: S.S. Aqua at Vermilion Port, Tu-Th-Sa: Bug-Catching Contest). I came to think that's the reason why GSC and RSE have larger megs, would you agree?

Hmmm... I wouldn't know, I'm not that experienced at GS hacking, anyway. So, CBMan or Blazichu could have a better opinion than me. But obviously, the clock's using must take a good ammount of extra rom space.

Zel, hope you can do something with the Johto map. I think I saw a map making tool in this forum, or in the Web. Maybe it can help you.

And how can I PM you? I just want to help about the music (if you don't have someone to do it...). I already have the GSC MIDI sounds but I think I have to email Johnnyz (the one who sequenced the MIDI) for permission to use them.

Are you refering about Cyclone? I tried that previously and failed at it. About the midi thing, I have birthofdna and Magnius helping me, but it's not bad having more people helping :D

Uhm... I'm playing ShinyGold X as a girl... But... Are we supposed to get Celebi after we beat Bugsy?

That may happen because of three possibilities:

1-You are playing an older Beta save, and came to Azalea from Ilex's Forest
2-You are not playing an older Beta save, but you used a walkthrough cheat and avoided stepping on the needed tile in order to disappear Kurt from Azalea's outside
3-If none of the other two, it may be a glitch, but it never happened to me.

Zel, one more thing, I expected the gates entering and exiting the National Park are the ones that cannot be entered with bikes. Almost all gates cannot be entered by bikes. And, not all headbutt trees are HEADBUTT-able. Is it for added fun?

I didn't understand the gate thing... You want to enter the buildings that connect maps, and you cannot while riding a bike? (something like that?)
And the Headbutteable trees are like that because I don't want to overdo the ammount of Script Events needed for making all of them headbutteable (it'd take a lot of space), but yeah, could be also considered as an added challenge XD

hi
after i deafeated bugsy and my rival i went to the flower or what doc you call it and i found a wht apicorn i went to kurt but he was doing some work when can i give him the apricorn

Because the berry picking and the Kurt making are "chained" to the same "timed events". So, basically, it means you need to wander around for a while, and then he'd be able to take your Apricorn.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2007
yea i cant wait for the next release :D gonna catch myself a nice chansey and a snorlax ^^ btw: im really really sry if this got already mentioned (im a newbie and here are a hell lot of posts every day lol) but victory road (to elite 4) is kinda screwed up if u go there a 2nd time... well im pretty sure someone noticed that yet, though, i just want to hav mentioned it ;D

XxOblivion77

All-Around Gamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Lol I know Zel, I don't cheat in video games, I just use certain things to see what I can do screwing around with the game XP

This is definitely the best hack I have ever played, nice job!

BTW, if you want to get some good MIDI's for some G/S music, go to youtube and try and find the user, Wolfexile and PM him to ask for the MIDIs

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2007
WTF? I don't have those rocks and tunnels there.

w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=VYiC1doJSSk&mode=related&search=

and what's the difference between SG and SG X?

edit:
how did he get all those three legendary dogs and salamence and how is he with gary (cheats?)
w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOcXHiHWS4&mode=related&search=

Last edited:

silentmagitus

The Lazy Trainer
Years
i got kinda stuck. how the heck do u get rock smash. rn't u supposed to get it as a HM instead of whirlpool*. lance gives a pokemon that knows whirlpool and i can't get rocksmash. also wats up with the unknown pokemon with a question mark for it's name and pic, i tried to catch it but it don't work. u find it by fishing in in the waters near whirl isand.

*whirrlpool was replaced by rocksmash in the games after crystal

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2007
Looked in an faq posted on the first page but couldnt find it so how does a slowbro evolve into a slow king?

Thanks

JOSH

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2008
hey zel i'd just like to say ur doing a real good thing man. i mean ur workin like crazy on this game and i'd just like to say i appreciate it big time! ur a cool dude!

Oscuridad

Raikou owns!
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2009
I dont know if this glitch has been found already and i'm sorry if it has, but here it is...When i went to beat the Elite 4 and got up to Lorlei(sp?) and stood right in front of her. Then I opened the menu and checked my pokemon then exited the menu. As soon as I exited the sub-pokemon menu my overworld sprite took like 4 steps forward(straight through Lorlei) and I ended up outside of her room and could not get back in. It was wierd. At least I had saved right b4 goin up against the elite 4.

This happened to me, as well. I almost got stuck there forever. >_<

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I love it! Questions for Zel

youre doing a great job with it so far. I know you told somebody else the software you used but i need to understand which software inparticular does what like which one you use to edit the intros and which one edits the layout of the region. I am an amateur hacker and I only edit Maps and text but i want to do a lot more than that. I am new to pokecommunity. My goal is to make a hack of either leafgreen or Emerald and transform it into the sinnoh region with sinnoh pokemon and cries. You are very welcome to join after seeing that beautiful creation: Shinygold. I want to know a couple more things about your software. Which software edits events and how odes it work. Which software edits trainers and their names and pokemon. I am attempting to hold a rom hacking committee either at my house or as an after school activity but are not successful because I either cant get permission from the school or only 1 person wants to do. That's why i am starting with Pokecommunity, I love how you added D/P buildings and signs to the game, that made its GBA region unique like Kanto and Johto have their own designs. Also, if i apply the new IPS patch to the pokemon firered with the old ips patch attached, will it add the new stuff and will i be able to continue my game, or will i have to start from scratch a 3rd time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back