• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
One little thing i want to bring up... are we ever going to have monday, tuesday, wednesday, etc. in the hack, because i want to be able to get Sharp Beak from Monica on Mondays... in Route 40, near olivine city.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well people, you enjoy to discuss about things, haha! I'll try to organize things a bit...

HI,

I noticed a lot of glitches and i'd like to tell zel because i think he can fix it.

As people already told you (maybe some in a not too educated way) you should read the first post because I was told about a lot of glitches already, and many have already been fixed. This goes for the rest of the newcomers. Please read my first post before posting! (I wonder if the Bold will alert people?)

OMFG DUDE

WE KNOW EVERY POSSIBLE GLITCH THAT THESE BETAS HAVE, YOUR NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO PLAYED THIS GAME

READ THE FIRST PAGE AND IT LISTS ALL THE GLITCHES THAT EVERY ONE HAS POSTED THOUSANDS OF TIMES

Ehem... Be more polite next time, dipset4ever. Thanks! (I've learned my lesson before...You should also)

I've been working all afternoon on a list of the game music, to be used with Sappy. Thought it might come in handy at some point.
Here you can find it. And I've also found this, it lets you convert from and to decimals/hex, so you can convert the track number used in Sappy to a EliteMap map music list hex value. Track 337 in Sappy would become 151 in the EliteMap selection list :)

About the music sheet, EMap already has the list with all the music, and their hex values also. So, unless you found something they didn't (rare that would be), there's not much need for it.
And, a converter? HAHA! My life's becoming almost hex every day. But, if there's something I need to be converted, the usual Windows Calculator is all I need...

I really wanna know what's up with that guy Bug Catcher you meat in National Park when you first walk in. He says he'll like stalk you to death, zel what purpose does this guy serve? He's weird...

:laugh: Yeah! I use him and the couple to give the game my touches of humor... After all, we need a good laugh from time to time... :laugh:

i dont know if anyone has attempted to do this... but i experimented by using vbalink on ShinyGold and Firered by having the Gold character go into the wireless room, and after trying to get the second window to load my firered save, but failed for some reason, after that i closed both windows and when i opened Shiny gold... the Gold character ended on the 7th sevii island where i had my firered character was lasted saved, and has the same pokemon from my other save...otherwise its like having only the character sprite changed in the whole game... well at least i could use running shoes:laugh:

Great Hack btw Zel,:D cant wait for B3!

Well, the whole deal started when trying to trade, right? Well, the point is... I don't really see a necessity for trading. This is a hack, so you are supposed to play it in your PC (ideally, even though evil people may try to break that ideal), meaning no trading with your real friends. And I'm putting every single Pokemon you could catch, so why would you need to trade?

Have anyone asked about changing the movesets of pokémon into D/P movesets (new moves are not included)?
Zel, some pokemon's move sets really sucked in the Metal days and FR/LG for that matter, like Quilava for example. You should use A-Tack, a program that Scizz made, to edit the move sets and at what level a pokemon learns a specific move with this program. PM me if you wanna know more about it or, if you do know about it tell us if you're gonna do some moveset editing.
Some pokemon could really use those extra moves.
Thanks

Moves edition... No, I prefer to leave them as they are. Don't want to be touching everything, lets leave something originally from Nintendo... (Besides, you are trying to get moves not allowed, which basically means... cheating, in the long run...)

I'm not sure whats wrong where, but here is some things I've noticed.

I've just downloaded this, and I think you mispelled something in the introduction, Prof. Oak says Mysteries, but it's spelt like misteries or something.

if you still don't understand the whole water thing... it's the second palette in the palette lines.

I also noticed the strange Ë at the end of one of the things the Mom says.

I hope to see improvements in the scripting, this is a highly anticipating hack.

Yeah about the introduction, i notice when i get to the rival... his dialog was "Hehe... so this is Oak's Lab.. And those must be Oak's pokeballs" ...shouldn't it be Elm's lab and Elm's pokeballs

Intro problems...
Yes, I've never fixed the intro (but thanks for pointing a grammar error, I want to be strict about that). But you see, there's a conflict there. Oak is speaking, but if I put Elm's Pokeballs, it wouldn't make much sense, since Oak is speaking. But then again, it would make sense, since Silver is looking at Elm's Pokeballs... Hmmm....
But, ShadowTails wants me to improve my scripting.... WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! :disappoin

Ok why would it rain in the first place is my question... i dont see how it relates to Ho-oh in Tin tower event... because Ho-oh would know Sunny day... but maybe have stop raining, when the main character gets the Rainbow Wing to ascend to tin tower to show that the event is unlock or something... idk obviously zel can do anything he wants with his hack and doing a great job.:)

If you walk up to the tower that holds the three legendairy dogs in it's basement, there will be a CoolTrainer Couple and the reason they battle you is because the girl wants to get out of the rain and well you're evesdropping, basicly, on their conversation then they turn around and battle you. It's just an excuse for a battle, and who doesn't like a good ol' battle?
The rain for Ecruteak creates a net atmosphere, but I do agree with Shurikenway that when battling Ho-oh it shouldn't be raining anymore...so, why not make Ho-oh have that ablility to make it go sunny instead, then after your battle with it, then the rain in Ecruteak could (hopefully) stop. :D
Double posted Marz! Please edit! :P Also, thanks for the comment Marz! But I'm just here to comment on the hack and give ideas to the hacker - I don't know how to hack!

In Ecruteak, you know that place hwere there's a text about the history of Ecruteak? I guess you could add something like: "Ever since the burned tower 'burned', Ho-oh flew away, leaving behind continuous rain to the city. This rain is though to represent the Ho-oh's sorrow and the sorrow of loss." Sounds weird, but it does explain the endless rain a bit, as a myth however. :)

And, finally, the rainy Ecruteak (Why did it become so important?)

Man, I was just looking for a melancholy feel... Look... The rain, the silly music... The couple wanting a good spot for their romantic things (and the fact they are getting wet, for humoristic reasons... XD). There are no other reasons behind it... Nor history, nor anything...

lol

And, about that last post (which I couldn't quote), from Shurikenway, since there's no Time System in FR, I'll have to make them work in a different way... I'll see how...

:tired: Many posts... I think it's a good signal, but it really tires me up. Good thing is, the Whirl Islands are almost finished (I'm not putting Lugia there yet, you know I do things exactly as I am playing). I'll go to sleep, because I'm zzzzzzzzz....... :sleeping:

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2015
Hmm. Will you be able to visit Kanto? Because I don't think there would be a point as there already are 3rd gen remakes of the original. But then, just travelling through Johto seems very short.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Hmm. Will you be able to visit Kanto? Because I don't think there would be a point as there already are 3rd gen remakes of the original. But then, just travelling through Johto seems very short.

Yah dude, the point to this game is to be able to visit Kanto, since all zel has to do is take the script from kanto in firered, and change it around a little bit, and adds events.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
The game is based on FireRed, so it's already got Kanto in. The Sevii Islands are used for Johto.
i have just one question
can you catch celebi

And for both of you, read the FAQ in the first post!!

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2008
zel i have an idea u know in gold their is johot and kanto maybe beta 3 should finsh up johto then beta 4 should be updated after all jhoto stuff is updated
p.s. cool screenshots i am going to use chickorita to make ur game fun and hard

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
Years
ok im sorry for blasting the other guy like that.... its just that he posted the glitches that the most dumbest of people would notice, and besides alot of us dont wanna see zel leave again due to all the glithces being reported do we?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Double posted Marz! Please edit! :P Also, thanks for the comment Marz! But I'm just here to comment on the hack and give ideas to the hacker - I don't know how to hack!

In Ecruteak, you know that place hwere there's a text about the history of Ecruteak? I guess you could add something like: "Ever since the burned tower 'burned', Ho-oh flew away, leaving behind continuous rain to the city. This rain is though to represent the Ho-oh's sorrow and the sorrow of loss." Sounds weird, but it does explain the endless rain a bit, as a myth however. :)

And furrypaws16, I guess you made a point there, but hopefully when Zel gets the scriptiing out of the way, he and the 'hack-testers' could go into the trading bit and explroe any faulties. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but it is a reasonable concern. Thanks for pointing that one out! ;)

Ya for some reason yesterday this site didn't show any of those buttons (hence the first part of my signature which I will soon change so just forget this part:paranoid: ) but... today they're back! yay! So I have edited it (I was hoping no mod or admin would see it since Scizz had already edited a double post when I was a newbie) back on topic, you don't need to know how to hack... ideas are cool too for those who sometimes run out of them.

FlygonXS

Dragon Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 2, 2007
maybe you could make hoenn in the game, like, after kanto, there is this other plot in hoenn and you have to go there...

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Quote originally posted by Zel
Moves edition... No, I prefer to leave them as they are. Don't want to be touching everything, lets leave something originally from Nintendo... (Besides, you are trying to get moves not allowed, which basically means... cheating, in the long run...)

Oh alright.
Cheating is such a strong word... I prefer to look at it more as strengthening one's ability to battle throughout the course of one's life.

Hehe

Quote originally posted by FlygonXS
maybe you could make hoenn in the game, like, after kanto, there is this other plot in hoenn and you have to go there...

There's only so much room in a ROM and having to map Jhoto, Kanto AND Hoenn would take alot of room, tiling, scripting, re-mapping and basicly alot of time. And, I'd say, half of the comments posted on this thread is similiar to "Zel! Your hack looks awesome! I can't wait to play the next Beta!" so lots of people would be like "... dude... you're making ANOTHER region... WHEN WILL YOU BE DONE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANNA PLAY THIS GAME" so I dunno like Jhoto and Kanto is cool but maybe Hoenn's a bit much.
But hey, that's my opinion, it's zel's choice, all in all.

Last edited:

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
You know i saw screenshots of the pokegear that the people made from the another remake of pokemon G/S/C called Pokemon platinum, Zel maybe you want to ask these people to get the pokegear function in the hack. Not now maybe after you finish the Johto part in hack...:\

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
Oh alright.
There's only so much room in a ROM and having to map Jhoto, Kanto AND Hoenn would take alot of room, tiling, scripting, re-mapping and basicly alot of time. And, I'd say, half of the comments posted on this thread is similiar to "Zel! Your hack looks awesome! I can't wait to play the next Beta!" so lots of people would be like "... dude... you're making ANOTHER region... WHEN WILL YOU BE DONE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANNA PLAY THIS GAME" so I dunno like Jhoto and Kanto is cool but maybe Hoenn's a bit much.

i agree i think hoenn would be a bit too much and well in my opinion having jhoto kanto and hoenn all in one game would make it a little boring after you enter the third region and well the gym leaders would have to be amazingly strong in the final region and well levels don't go past 100 so things would probably get kinda repettive after a while

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
My gosh, once I'm gone everyone posts... 0_o And poor Zel, have to comment on all those posts... o_0

Zel said:
And, finally, the rainy Ecruteak (Why did it become so important?)

Man, I was just looking for a melancholy feel... Look... The rain, the silly music... The couple wanting a good spot for their romantic things (and the fact they are getting wet, for humoristic reasons... XD). There are no other reasons behind it... Nor history, nor anything...

I guess we wanted to create an 'explaination' behind the 'neverending' rain, but in the end it was just there to create an atmosphere...it's still interesting to think about it though! :P

marz said:

Remember, this is a Gold remake, so no Hoenn! Besides, it's taking much time as it is for Zel to even get through Johto to have to deal with another region! It ain't a 'all-regions-in-one' hack - it's one people like me have been waiting for for a long time - a '3rd-generation/GBA-style' version of GSC. I agree with you Marz that lots of the post here is about saying the hack is good (which is a fact) and that they want to play (who doesn't?); I'm here to post comments on certain parts, and to keep updated with the whole development of Shiny Gold - that way, I know what's going on and who's hacking the game. Here's my source! ;)

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
My gosh, once I'm gone everyone posts... 0_o And poor Zel, have to comment on all those posts... o_0

I guess we wanted to create an 'explaination' behind the 'neverending' rain, but in the end it was just there to create an atmosphere...it's still interesting to think about it though! :P

Remember, this is a Gold remake, so no Hoenn! Besides, it's taking much time as it is for Zel to even get through Johto to have to deal with another region! It ain't a 'all-regions-in-one' hack - it's one people like me have been waiting for for a long time - a '3rd-generation/GBA-style' version of GSC. I agree with you Marz that lots of the post here is about saying the hack is good (which is a fact) and that they want to play (who doesn't?); I'm here to post comments on certain parts, and to keep updated with the whole development of Shiny Gold - that way, I know what's going on and who's hacking the game. Here's my source! ;)

I agree with Goku Goku... ain't getting 16 badges is good enough? If you want Hoenn go play emerald... and if anybody doesnt know emerald is still good, even though D/P came out... and Zel yes it would make sense if Silver said "Hehe so this is Elms lab, and those must be Elm's pokeballs" not to criticize on that topic, i just feel strongly about that old quote since were not in Kanto yet, so how can he want Oaks pokeballs in his lab...

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
But, ShadowTails wants me to improve my scripting.... WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! :disappointment:

I mean improve things like the one rival walking through you... it just looks weird, unless it's just my rom or something o.o.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I know this was brought up a while ago, but I think it would be kinda cool to bring back pokemon Silver. It's pointless, I know, but what I really loved about the games was trading, begging and pleading for my brother to give me those version exclusives, and battling. I know I'm making this a lot easier than it sounds, but couldn't you just change some rare levels (Ho-oh and Lugia), change some of the pokemon that are on routes, the basic names, and bam, you're done? It'd really bring back the Johto feel. I know this will be ignored, I just needed to say it. Don't bother with the stupid idea if it'll slow down the hack!

By the way, this is ENORMOUSLY picky, (Don't worry! It's not a glitch!!)

Since I can't post urls yet, it's the one with the changing picture next to it.

In that pick, since GOld has the cyndaquil, shouldn't silver have the totodile? I mean, ingame, he always picks the opposing starter.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
eh... who cares about the banner, the game is what's important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back