• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2007
    awesome new screenshots mean can't wait to go exploring in those and caves nd brutally defeat all the trainers in the game =]

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Those screenshots, yet again, impress me. The layout and all...it's all good! :D

Not to be a perfectionaist or anything, but you know the picture with the item (Pokeball) between the water falss. Maybe at that point where the waterfalls meet between the item, you could make the water more lighter, seeing as the place where the item is doesn't slope, thus the water should be lighter because it isn't deep or sloping. :\

image72em7.png

whirlislands.jpg

^ My altering of the picture is rather cheap, but it should give you an idea of what I'm talking about! :)

Other than that, great job! ;)

ALSO, Sorry for the spamming. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Sorry about the spam...>_>;;

It wasn't me, you can't prove anything! *pokes Gokugoku*

Goku, I agree with you. That platform looks a little sharp.

When I looked at Red's team, I almost laughed. Pikachu? Probably referring to the anime. The only one that I would have trouble with is that darned Snorlax. Could you give them a tad higher stats, too, so that way, you need to use strategy? (Not those stupid sweepers)

I frown upon pirates (and nodding!) :(

Good luck, and good...uh...have fun with the hack!

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    man zel! your screens just get better and better!

and im sorry for spamming, and i know goku goku, furrypaws, and shuriken are sorry too!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • OK. Apologies are accepted. Thanks, it's just for my sanity, mainly.

I am not one to critise(spelling mistake I know) but the top of the goldenrod mart dosnt look right, maybe it would have been better if you used celadon,s pokemart.

but nice job, and you shouldnt really be thinking about mapping, scripting is more important.

I think I can't use Celadon's Tileset, 'cause I'm using Saffron's (and the "Main World" tileset). So I'm only allowed to use two, I don't want to lose those gold-like buildings. It stays as it is.

But T.T Someone comprehends my thoughts! (The idea that scripting is more important than mapping, and I add tile changing too)

Not to be a perfectionaist or anything, but you know the picture with the item (Pokeball) between the water falss. Maybe at that point where the waterfalls meet between the item, you could make the water more lighter, seeing as the place where the item is doesn't slope, thus the water should be lighter because it isn't deep or sloping. :\

image72em7.png

whirlislands.jpg

If I have a lighter water for the waterfall, I'll try. But, you are supposed to keep on falling if you go by the sides, and fall into that... pillar if you go by the middle... Still your concept applies?

Well, I'll post the first part of the TR in Goldenrod event screenshots (along with a joke I did in-game... XD)

image78fe1.png
    image79ep1.png
    image80tq3.png
    image81nf3.png
    image82ot4.png

lol for poor Jamie... :D

I'll go to sleep now, tomorrow I'll do what no-one does, reading a few pages from the thread so I find FAQs, to add to my list. Also, I'm preparing the list of new glitches, so I have everything ready for a quick update this Sunday!
    Till tomorrow!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Yeah, good night Zel! :D (Funny how over in Australia it's still day - afternoon to be exact!)

zel said:
    ]If I have a lighter water for the waterfall, I'll try. But, you are supposed to keep on falling if you go by the sides, and fall into that... pillar if you go by the middle... Still your concept applies?

I always leave out facts! :shocked: Well, you will keep falling, but it's like that part ot the waterfall is not as rapid, but that makes no difference, since it's only a game, not reality. I make sense now amigo? :\ Also, you keep bringing in those screenshots, and they are great! :D And LOL Jamie* has a brain problem - it's nice to add humour into a timeless classic (remake)! :laugh: Those screens, again, really bring Johto back to life with its past glory to the modern world. Great job once again Zel! :) You never disappoint! ;)

*Interesting how you came up Jess' and Jamie's name ...why didn't we think of that before? :laugh:

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I didn't spam! *tear* okay maybe I did. But I felt like rambling. I said one thing on topic. So it's okay. I think. This time I won't spam.

Shurikenway (sp?) I have participated in the Bug Catching Contest. It's sort of weird because the map totally gets changed rather then being the same old national park that we know. I've only been in it once for two reasons. (1) On my first try I won first prize, Sun Stone. (2) I never bothered to try again.
    I don't know if it would work to try again and I'm too lazy to try even though it's only a couple of steps away (I think I last saved my game in Ekruteak City). I may do it if we had the running shoes. Sadly that will only be available in the BETA coming out soon. Like really soon. What time zone does zel have? I have to see approximetly when it'll come out in my time, since I don't live in Argentina.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    flipboi, for like the billionth time, it goes up to Ice Cave, but not IN Ice Cave.

Shurikenway, on the glitch list it says not to go in double battles if you only have one pokemon and the egg. What happened to you is what will happen. Not only double battles, but battles in general. Don't make the egg fight.

EDIT: archer beat me to it
    Also, The Bug Catching Contest is in the hack so technicly it's on topic.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Nice use of that smile above Gold, zel :D
    Although I don't think Jamie should be the one with zero-brains, but rather Jess, if you look at the anime... Remember for instance that he modified the Pokeball Transporter in the PokeCenter at one point, so that it would give out a fake Ball to the receiver and the good Ball to them? (This specific episode)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2007
    Hello Zel! This hack is truly amazing and i support it all the way! I wish you luck and i hope you suceed in finishing this hack.
    Unborn-Lugia

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    Impressives pictures, again, like ever. Fanctastic job !

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    Well, a question : maybe i could translate the game into french (i'm better in english to french than french to english i swear !), but i have no idea witch program use...

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    sorry for spamming zel -_-

Once again your screens don't cease to amaze. Whirl Islands look incredible except for what Goku Goku pointed out about the Waterfall. the falling water right before the item ball and then completely ending meraculously without having the pokeball get 1 drop of water on them is bad. Try to actually make the waterfall end non-meraculously. It would make things look better.

That's all from me.

DONT SPAM

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back