• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Joe, about your glitch list.

No PokeGear because that isn't an item in FR, therefore it is not available.
No lighthouse entering because that is where the Beta ends.
The trainer names are basicly reminders to zel
Yes, that is a glitch, the trainers run through you.
Also a glitch, the whole invisibility thing
FR doesn't have the berry bushes but in B3 (the one coming out tomorrow) there will be the Headbutt bushes, if that's what you meant by Capricorn
No phone feature simply cuz FR doesn't have it
Ditto for the radio.

The next version is Beta 3. The final version might be a beta 6 or 7. That's my guess. Of course, it won't be called a beta! :P

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
No problem, but you should read the first post to get all the required info on this hack. Most of the things you've listed are either on the first post or somewhere in the 59 pages of this thread. I don't blame you for not going through every page, I mean, who does? But some of those statements were on the first post. It's cool though.

I'm so excited for tomorrow, B3 is gonna be a-w-e-s-o-m-e!

100TH POST! WOOT!

heheheh

Zel, it must be such an honor for you to have gotten my 100th post on your thread. :P I'm so egotistical:P

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Hmm, I was under the impression he said it was next sunday *shrug* If it's tomorrow, can't wait xD

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
list.. of... codes...? What do you mean...? You want to cheat?!:shocked:

EDIT: @Myzou: If carlos zel lives anywhere near the Buenos Aires area it's probably around 4:10 AM right now. So I wouldn't count on the Beta to be released anytime soon in the day.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Wow, people just popping up, ready for the hack... o_0 Well who wouldn't be excited?! >X0 Anyways, it would be neat if Zel considered you guys' ideas of the E4 - I think it's pretty good really. :D Also dipset4ever, if I were you I wouldn't have Giovanni - I would (randomly) choose Steven. ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
Well, B3 is sure comming !

And for those can't wait, i made a page with ALL the "pre-realase" pictures !

downloads.best-star.info/autres/Shiny%20Gold.html

And well, witch program can i use to edit texts ? I really want to translate SG in french, (yes i'm french) but i don't know how... I just know a name (Advance Text) and i don't find it...

Liquinn

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2007
Nice hack there. It is a shame I pretty like G/S/C more, I hope this is inspritation for others to start a hack someday.

Nice work Zel, how much of this hack's complete?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Well, B3 is sure comming !

And for those can't wait, i made a page with ALL the "pre-realase" pictures !

downloads.best-star.info/autres/Shiny%20Gold.html

And well, witch program can i use to edit texts ? I really want to translate SG in french, (yes i'm french) but i don't know how... I just know a name (Advance Text) and i don't find it...

You're so excited you made yourself a little HTML file? LOl :D Maybe ShinyGold needs its own webpage, that can be used as a walkthrough/guide and for any hints and even a pokedex for SG. ;) Zel needs a guide for SG once it comes out...it would be official. :\

liquinn said:
Nice hack there. It is a shame I pretty like G/S/C more, I hope this is inspritation for others to start a hack someday.

I guess you just like old school stuff, heh? But really it's all the same. Just depends what you style you prefer. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
Well, why not a walktrought ^^ Yes, i was really exited yesterday, so i lade this page...
Maybe a day Zel is gonna have a mail from Nintendo..and the ask if they can take SG to make a real gba game :D

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
tphi : you should try looking in the hack tools section, you'll find all the tools you need...at least the links where to find them... btw i'm speak french too hehe but im lebanese..
zel: i found a couple of bugs i made a screenshot of all of them but i can't put links yet
so here it is just add h t t p : / / to it:

img134.imageshack.us/img134/3972/01kf8.jpg

I don't know if that link works or not... if it doesnt work, try downloading the pic...

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
What could be an idea is to 'downgrade' the Pokedex information texts to those in Gold. :)
My idea for the E4: have a way to heal yourself between battles, or at the halfway point (you had 2 battles and then you get to heal yourself).
Btw, I hope I can get an Ice type Pokemon somewhere early in the game to train up for Lance.
And I'll just keep an eye out on this thread during the day :) (/me spots the RSS feed for this thread and live bookmarks that)

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Btw, I hope I can get an Ice type Pokemon somewhere early in the game to train up for Lance.
And I'll just keep an eye out on this thread during the day :) (/me spots the RSS feed for this thread and live bookmarks that)

"Cough" Lapras "Cough"

Looking forward to b3!

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2008
will the 3 legendary dogs be visible on the map as your walking around or will you have to hope they appear in a random battle?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Beta

That's it Boys & Girls! Finally B3 is out! Hope you enjoy it!

As always, don't forget to read the first post, since this time, I've added a lot of new FAQs so, if I'm not around and someone asks a question already posted, others may use that stuff. I've also updated my list of Glitches with the ones that are still in the game (I hope I don't have to add anything else there. But a few oddities may appear, as always...

I don't think you'll have problems using it, if you already played B2. But if you are new into rom-hacking, I've left the first FAQ for you, so you should read it in my first post... Go there and read it!

That's all, later I'll take care of whatever you have in store for me. For now, I want to upload the files into the other Spanish forums I hang around. So, I'll log in again in a few minutes...

ash_ketchum5

Future Pokemon Pearl Owner
Years
wow! this is amazing! You are the best rom-hacker in this whole forum!
***** 5 stars! keep up the work! maybe you can sell it to nintendo?

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2008
Zel, after reading through the glitch list is there anything that you think you will not be able to fix in the final version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back