• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • You'll add a Move Tutor in the game right? Where will he be in the game? I'm guessing we still have to use Tinymushrooms and Bigmushrooms since it is a FireRed hack.

Edit: I forgot to ask you, will you have all those brother and sisters that give you elemental power-ups? If you've forgotten their names, here you go (u probably don't need this):

Monica - Monday
    Tuscany - Tuesday
    (forgot) - Wednesday
    Arthur - Thursday
    Friday - Frieda?
    Saturday - (forgot)
    Sunday - Sunny

Yeah, the day of the week isn't in the game, but I think u should still add them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2007
    ahhh am i dumb or is there no way out of the forrest with the charcoal dude... cuz i just keep chasin the bird around in circles... lol what am i suppose to do?

btw this is the best hack ive played... sooo nice and clean.. love the graphics and colors seem to flow together... very nice... keep it up

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-oh arabia

Yeah, i started the fire.
    Years
  • Hey Zel, just back with a suggestion. I've been playing some other hacks and noticed something. When i access the map, the entire overworld map has been changed. When I play shiny gold, The cities are positioned on the sevii islands and the cities were a litte hard to access to via fly. Just suggesting to make an acutual johto overworld map. Can't wait for beta 4. Keep up the good work!
    thanx
    ho-oh

Years
  • Hey Zel, just back with a suggestion. I've been playing some other hacks and noticed something. When i access the map, the entire overworld map has been changed. When I play shiny gold, The cities are positioned on the sevii islands and the cities were a litte hard to access to via fly. Just suggesting to make an acutual johto overworld map. Can't wait for beta 4. Keep up the good work!
    thanx
    ho-oh

a few thousand pages ago... [/sarcasm] , Zel mentioned that he did not know how to change the map. although many maps have been designed, just not implemented. Also, with the exception of the Island, Johto is like a web, as it reaches out in all directions from cherrygrove and mahogany, so evereything is pretty easy to accsess on the bike. This means that FLYing is not as important in SG as it is in FR/LG. although Zel will have to do something before kanto is fully developed.

+~~~~FIXING SAVE PROBLEMS~~~~-----------------------------------------------+
    |
    |If you have Saving Problems, complete the following in order.
    |
    |1. Make a savestate. (Ctrl+F1)
    |2. Select "Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128k"
    |3. Delete your battery save file (ROM NAME.sav)
    |4. Restart the VBA.
    |5. Load your save state. (F1)
    |6. Save normally ( Start > Save)
    +------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

**REMEMBER TO KEEP POINTLESS POST TO A MINIMUM UNTIL THE WEEKEND AND READ THE FIRST POST, PLEASE.**

Lash

Years
  • By far this is the greatest RPG game I have ever played. Keep up the good work. And if you need help with the mapping, not the overall map, but the city maps, I am currently playing my normal Gold version. So if you just need any help tell me and I can maybe capture a screenshot of the city/town/route.
    Also nice job on the Female hero sprite, I might play as her in Beta4. But just out of curiosity, will there be an event where Carlos and the Rival team up to battle the hero?

wobbuffetds

Now it's time for my friends!
    Years
  • Kanto pokes are common.
    Johto pokes are uncommon.
    Hoenn pokes are rare.

Did Zel add EVERY Hoenn Pokémon?

Does anybody know where I can catch Cacnea?

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2013
    Kanto pokes are common.
    Johto pokes are uncommon.
    Hoenn pokes are rare.

Did Zel add EVERY Hoenn Pokémon?

Does anybody know where I can catch Cacnea?

The game is not complete, so I'm sure that he didn't add all of the Hoenn pokemon as of now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    if you have already encounterd cacnea, you can search the area where he can be found through the pokedex

MetafreakJT

Go Lakers!
    Years
  • um. im stuck on olivine town. itwont let me go into the lighthouse. how can i get in? also where can u get the starters for all the regions

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • ok. what i di was pressed z and then it just started

um. im stuck on olivine town. itwont let me go into the lighthouse. how can i get in? also where can u get the starters for all the regions? please! i need seriuos help

We can't tell you where to find the starters, you have to look yourself. And your playing an old Beta. Play the Beta 3 version, it goes up to Ice cave.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2007
    help me somebody i can't enter the lighthouse i even tried talking but it didn't work.
    sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • meh, i didn't see this in 0the bugs section... and since i don't want to look through 130 pages of posts im just posting a bug i found.

when silver calls you (or what ever you named the evil rival as) you move to the left after the call ends like he is next to you...

also, with kurt... how the heck u give him an apricorn? when i go in him place, he's working and says "im working! dont bother me!"

also, i didn't activate any of the other events yet. the only thing i did was check the tree next to his house...

kk, im playing through it now searching for some bugs (now, where did i put that net?)

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    meh, i didn't see this in 0the bugs section... and since i don't want to look through 130 pages of posts im just posting a bug i found.

when silver calls you (or what ever you named the evil rival as) you move to the left after the call ends like he is next to you...

also, with kurt... how the heck u give him an apricorn? when i go in him place, he's working and says "im working! dont bother me!"

also, i didn't activate any of the other events yet. the only thing i did was check the tree next to his house...

kk, im playing through it now searching for some bugs (now, where did i put that net?)

Checking the tree and kurt are both activated by the number of steps you take, so walk around after checking the tree

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2007
    i love the hack so far to bad im not as brave to release my work to the public XD

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    About the rival's call,maybe Zel haven't remove the event in FR with rival on Island 4(where he hacked to Goldenrod)
    And Kurt's problem,I can't give him apricorn to make ball too.Looks like there's an error there.

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • Is it me or is the elite four video supposed to be like that?
    Main character is all glitchy, meaning pixels are mixed up.

I like the fading color in the tiles for the R.G vid and R.G looks great.

Well done, and keep it up.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    Some things I noticed:

1. Are the Spinaraks appearing as wild encounters in Slowpoke Well a bug? I'm positive that they aren't supposed to appear there in Pokemon Gold (or Silver/Crystal either, for that matter).

2. Just a minor issue, but for cartridge similarity sake, the mail-carrying Spearow that the guy north of Goldenrod wants you to deliver should be named KENYA, with the OT of RANDY.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back