• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Some things I noticed:

1. Are the Spinaraks appearing as wild encounters in Slowpoke Well a bug? I'm positive that they aren't supposed to appear there in Pokemon Gold (or Silver/Crystal either, for that matter).

2. Just a minor issue, but for cartridge similarity sake, the mail-carrying Spearow that the guy north of Goldenrod wants you to deliver should be named KENYA, with the OT of RANDY.

wel it isnt a exact remake of gold its right
    and don't you think spiders live in a well

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • ja, i found another bug (it looks like it can be easily fixed though) in the raido tower 2nd floor, the 2 guards are the same. the script timing is off. the one near the stairs says the director is not himself, and no one's allowed above 2nd floor, and the one about 2 sqs down, and 1 to teh right says "the director is back to his old self again, feel free to look around where ever you like"

kk, im checking the game again, expect another bug found from me today. (i hope)

edit: kk, found 2 more bugs. after you beat (or capture) sudowoodo ou turn around like your watching someone exit a building.

2nd one is (well, i can't really remember...) but when the egg hatches, and you take it to elm aren't you supposed to hace that pokemon on your team to get the everstone?

also, in the cherrygrove pokemon center you forgot one of the net center tiles. still their.
    oh, found another one.

in front of the burned tower, after the fight with rinaand dante (i only checked it standing in front rina) rina will walt right through you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2007
    ive been loving this hack for ages >.< even there are a bit of glitchs its still one of the best ive played

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, I haven't done a lot of stuff on the hack, just minor stuff, but first, let's answer some posts!

Just one thing though, I dunno if it has been mentioned before but at the top floor of the radio tower during the TR event, there are two people, a woman and a guy, when I talk to the guy its like talking to Nurse Joy at a PC, and he heals my PKMN. :\ Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Huh? Can you post a screenshot of the problem? (Looks like something that happened at the Toll, but it's weird I haven't had such problem. Then again, it could be some flag messing up)
    By the way, sorry about the other thing. You did the Kanto Glitch, then it's your problem.
    OH! By the way... Did anyone thought that you may be activating flags when going to Kanto when you are not supposed to?, if I get to use of those flags in the "normal game" forget about events happenning normally. So... Be aware about that little problem.

You'll add a Move Tutor in the game right? Where will he be in the game? I'm guessing we still have to use Tinymushrooms and Bigmushrooms since it is a FireRed hack.

Edit: I forgot to ask you, will you have all those brother and sisters that give you elemental power-ups?
    Yeah, the day of the week isn't in the game, but I think u should still add them.

Yes... I just need to give him a place... Hmmm... Considering Blackthorn has the Move Deleter, perhaps having the Move Tutor there could be... interesting... (like some kind of rivalry between them... XP)

By far this is the greatest RPG game I have ever played. Keep up the good work. And if you need help with the mapping, not the overall map, but the city maps, I am currently playing my normal Gold version. So if you just need any help tell me and I can maybe capture a screenshot of the city/town/route.
    Also nice job on the Female hero sprite, I might play as her in Beta4. But just out of curiosity, will there be an event where Carlos and the Rival team up to battle the hero?

Don't worry, I'm also playing Gold, and I'm making my maps by looking at "Gold Map"
    Will there be an event where Carlos an the Rival team up? Do you really think Silver could join with someone... Well, I think about his personality... So I guess he's just an arrogant boy who likes to be alone and battle everyone. I don't think he'd enjoy... my company... :D

Some things I noticed:

1. Are the Spinaraks appearing as wild encounters in Slowpoke Well a bug? I'm positive that they aren't supposed to appear there in Pokemon Gold (or Silver/Crystal either, for that matter).

2. Just a minor issue, but for cartridge similarity sake, the mail-carrying Spearow that the guy north of Goldenrod wants you to deliver should be named KENYA, with the OT of RANDY.

1.Yes, I added additional Spinaraks in caves where I had poor variety of Pokemon.
    2.Cannot automatically give a name to a given pokemon (I'd be able if the poke was received in a trade... This is not the case)

Why do some Pokemon do a move called "Rapid Slash" that freezes???

What? Is "Rapid Slash" a move? *Checks Pokedex* No, it's not. Since I'm using the official moves, then you are either not playing Shiny Gold, or you patched over a not clean FR rom.

when silver calls you (or what ever you named the evil rival as) you move to the left after the call ends like he is next to you...

ja, i found another bug (it looks like it can be easily fixed though) in the raido tower 2nd floor, the 2 guards are the same. the script timing is off. the one near the stairs says the director is not himself, and no one's allowed above 2nd floor, and the one about 2 sqs down, and 1 to teh right says "the director is back to his old self again, feel free to look around where ever you like"

kk, im checking the game again, expect another bug found from me today. (i hope)

edit: kk, found 2 more bugs. after you beat (or capture) sudowoodo ou turn around like your watching someone exit a building.

2nd one is (well, i can't really remember...) but when the egg hatches, and you take it to elm aren't you supposed to hace that pokemon on your team to get the everstone?

also, in the cherrygrove pokemon center you forgot one of the net center tiles. still their.
    oh, found another one.

in front of the burned tower, after the fight with rinaand dante (i only checked it standing in front rina) rina will walt right through you.

Went through your list of bugs (keep in mind some I consider just "oddities"). The Rival Call was something I did not want to have, really. But I couldn't get rid of that dumb event (I just got to break my rom last time), so leave it as it is for now.
    Can you post a screenie about the stuff with the policeman? because I didn't understand. You know, image is better than words.
    The Sudo thing is allright, after battling any "event poke" the poke's sprite must be removed and I thought a "warping effect" could be nice. But for some reason, it does not warp automatically... :\
    About the Togepi thing... Ah, yes, in fact, now I know how it can be fixed (since I know how to ask for a certain poke in your team), thanks about that one! (People can start hitting you for making them put the Togepi in their teams for a short while, in order to get the Everstone... XP)

That's all for replying. Well, I just changed the Big Sprite and the Battle Backpics of Marina. So I think that ends everything relating the female hero.

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

Yeah... I know they may not be perfect... I'm not a perfectionist, so they are allright for me... -_-

By the way. I also wrote some small guides for doing these changes. So I think I may post them in the Tutorials Section (if it gets approved), since I think it's something I've been receiving PMs about.

Also, I'll be kinda teaming up with Kike-Scott, so he'll be doing some stuff (not scripting, that's just for me XP) while I'm concentrated a few days on my Uni. So once I send him (this weekend, after I do a bit more) the rom, perhaps he'll update a bit.

Those are all the news in the Shiny Gold World. Wait for the next bulletin! :P

Aid

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2007
    About that Rapid Slash, when I battled Carlos just outside Ice Cave, his Wortortle used Rapid Slash, it didn't freeze the game though, and it looked like a quick attack I think.

I love the female sprites also Zel! Great job. :)

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
  • This remake just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait 'till the full version of this hack comes out

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • kk, i'l post the screens of them later today.

also, want me to post screen of the rina dante glitch too?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Look at many post and views. I think Shinygold is popular. Shinygold would be my favorite hack. There one error that my friend saw, He click team rocket and trun to red in the screen. He likes shiny gold. He told me why he can't not go to the ice path and I told him what in the 1st page. He's exciting for b4. :) I told him about shiny gyarados on the rage of lake. Since he donesn't have internet, I told him some from the thread.

Years
  • Okay, bug: when you start on the Icepath, you just can't get there. I don't know if I'm the first to experience this or what.

:) Kidding. Keep up the great work. Best. Hack. Evar.

matt_the_master_trainer

The Fire Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2007
    Zel this is by far the greatest hack ever. But i have found some flaws. Some of the trainers have no names. I dont know if this was intetional. but there names are like this 1trainer/1. and the farfetch'd went through the trees and the grass in the forrest shows when you walk instead of being solid ground. i really like when Carlos says the D word! OOOH this is for familys Zel. lol j/k
    But again congrats this is great i love it. keep it up.:D

Years
  • Hey Zel, nice work on the sprites. I'm not one to judge but.. the female sprite looks like she is a cartoon, what with the black outline and all. I don't seem to recall trainers with black outlines. Oh well, maybe you can fix that, and then you might be satisfied?

Anyways, good luck Zel.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 17, 2008
    i loved gold version now i love shiney gold :D tis my new fav game but i would like to point out a glitch i found
    in the underground path or what ever its called i when your rival battles u it frezes
    apart form that this game rocks
    good luck finishing it im awaiting beta 4

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • @Volsfan91: The beta ends at Ice Path, Zel has programmed it so it is impossible to go inside!
    Please read the first post everyone!!!

And I'm wondering, does anyone know what causes the glitches in Slowpoke Well? This is what I saw:
    First rocket: he says some wierd symbols
    Second rocket: screen turns red
    Third rocket: acts like a wall, doesn't do a thing
    Fourth rocket: acts normally

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2007
    the Ho-oh Oddity

Sorry about the ambiguity in my post on your thread. Here's the (hopefully) less confusing version. I saved my game outside of tin tower and went into it to catch the pokemon that were inside (thinking that I couldn't yet catch Ho-oh). When I got to the top, Ho-oh appeared and thrashed my at-the-time-weak team. So I turned off the game and resumed outside of tin tower (where I had previously saved) and went back up to make sure I could still encounter Ho-oh. Once again at the top, Ho-oh appeared, so I once again turned off and back on, resuming at the bottom of the tin tower and thinking that I would go back later for Ho-oh. I went on and came to the point where the director of the radio tower gives you the Rainbow Wing, and I thought that since this is the point in the game where you are supposed to get Ho-oh, I guess I'll go back to the tin tower and try again. I got to the top of tin tower and saved. I approached the edge where Ho-oh appeared before and nothing happened, I tried three times and turned the game off and on, resuming at the top of tin tower. I tried again, but it was as if I had killed Ho-oh already or I didn't yet have the Rainbow Wing. The only thing I can think of that would cause this problem is if the Rainbow Wing somehow is reversed in the programming. In case I am being ambiguous again, I think the trigger for a Ho-oh appearance is backward, resulting in being able to encounter Ho-oh without the Rainbow Wing (the program thinks you have it) and not being able to encounter with the Rainbow Wing (the program thinks you do have it). Sorry if anything I said insulted your programming or otherwise intelligence, but I wanted to be as clear as possible! :) Thank you for reading my lengthy message, and I hope it helps! ~kire89 :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back