• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
Years
  • Alright am I missing something here? I am playing shiny gold X and it won't let me past the entrance to icy cave. I also don't get shiny gyarados, yet I'm seeing videos on youtube how people get it. Am I using the wrong firered ROM? Is there somthing beyond beta 3.5? plz respond.

The videos on youtube are either people who cheated, or rather people who are extremely lucky for Gyarados to be shiny.

The beta version only goes up to Ice Cave, therefore the only person who has a version that goes further is Zel himself and those videos are by him.

Beta 4 is currently under construction, and please don't ask when it will be out, Zel is working his hardest to make the game as good as possible, but unfortunately that takes time

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2013
    The Gym in Golden Rod and the House is the one just to the right of the Gym, The one on the top.

brockman5

Sprite Master..
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2007
    This game is graphically nice.....i love it please take your time and continue this game...

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2008
    wow, this is awesome. i started playing crystal again, and i wanted to see how good this was. really good, it doesnt even look like a hack either. it looks real. good job keep up the good work. and take ur time!

btw, is there a guide for how to install this to the PSP? i know you can with the gba>psp emulator, but i dont know how. thanks.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Another few issues I found:

1. The rival's Gastly knows Tackle, which is illegal.
    2. On Route 39, there's a sign that says MEGA PUNCH can be used to shake pokemon out of trees. Pretty sure you meant Headbutt there.
    3. Can't use Bicycle on Routes 38 and 39, although I can enter them on bike from Olivine City.

Also, if Bugsy gives the Toxic TM has a reward, does it mean we'll get another one from Janine as well? Though I do realize there's no Bug move TMs.

Thanks about the Tackling Gastly, I'll have to review some moves. And about the Mega Punch, I blame making the Headbutt with Mega Punch at first.

And once I change the TMs, the Gym Leaders will give the correct moves, so sorry for those who preferred the new moves...

I try the game and it's cool! x3 Just sad the girl don't shows right :'(

- Nicku

Well, in B4 you'll be able to play as the heroine, so be happy! :D

The Gym in Golden Rod and the House is the one just to the right of the Gym, The one on the top.

Ah... OK, I see it now, thanks!

what is a lips program? and how do i use it?

sorry still new to hacking

It's a program needed in order to make all our hacks work. There's a thread called "Before you play" that you need to read, if there's something you don't understand, just send me a PM.

Well, I'm welcoming Kike-Scott to my... staff? of Shiny Gold, since the following week will be heavy for me. That way, he'll be doing some tile and map changes, and hopefully, he'll try to keep you updated in my place. For now, those are the things I've asked him, but, maybe we'll see about scripting.

So far, the game's at Cerulean. Once I start having more time, I'll resume by "going back to Johto", and then north of Cerulean.

And that's all. I'm going, see ya soon!

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2008
    hey zel, why dont you just delete some of the tm moves? some of them are good, while in g/s/c some tms were for rock smash, and thats a hm now, and one tm was also defense curl.

Also there is a move tutor that appears in Goldenrod after you beat Elite Four and Red. He taught Flamethrower, Icebeam, and Thunder bolt. Those are all tms now. Why dont you change them to different moves as well?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • hey zel, why dont you just delete some of the tm moves? some of them are good, while in g/s/c some tms were for rock smash, and thats a hm now, and one tm was also defense curl.

Also there is a move tutor that appears in Goldenrod after you beat Elite Four and Red. He taught Flamethrower, Icebeam, and Thunder bolt. Those are all tms now. Why dont you change them to different moves as well?

Zel has already said that he would be changing the MT's. And about the move tutor, he only appeared in Crystal, and this is a Gold remake. Sorry.

Years
  • Zel has already said that he would be changing the MT's. And about the move tutor, he only appeared in Crystal, and this is a Gold remake. Sorry.

Read first post :) not everything is the same :)
    This may be a gold hack , but i think Gold Solver and crystal are almost the same. But Silver ha other pokemon but the same events only Lugia instead of ho oh.
    Crystsl id more advanced but still i think the mive tutor may have a place in Shiny Gold .
    But i dont know if it's importand caus kanto should have one to right :P ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2007
    Well, I have an idea for zel.

He could make a battle tower near Olivine or in kanto to make the hack that more unique, it's up to him though.

brockman5

Sprite Master..
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2007
    He could and for the battle tower we could request our trainer names and pokemon to use...so the fans have a special place int the game...

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    There's no Zinc for sale...or anywhere in the game for that matter. So anyone who wants to drug up Sp.Def is out of luck.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    this is like "the" greatest rom hack in my opinion and i just want to congratulate u on this hack. so... congrats! Cant wait 2 play the nxt beta or the final version and i wish u gud luck.

Years
  • Well, I have an idea for zel.

He could make a battle tower near Olivine or in kanto to make the hack that more unique, it's up to him though.

Zel wont do that. Unless he has room for more trainers, but even then, he would probably make the extra trainer slots rivals that you reface. There are only so many trainer slots in one rom.

Zel, good job, and good luck.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I finally figured out how we can change the moves taught by TMs (It was easier than I thought), however, you need to "re-teach" all the pokes to know which TMs they can learn, and which they can't. (Using PokeAmplifier).

Just wondering, will there be move tutors like in FR/LG or Emerald? I'm guessing that you're going to have the 50 TMs from R/S/E/FR/LG plus the TMs from G/S/C,but will you be able to learn moves like mega punch/Mega Kick/Substitute/Body slam from move tutors?

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2008
    Hey zel, i got a few more ideas, also some issues i was wondering about that you could have in kanto.

#1 Cinnabar island volcano. In g/s/c the volcano erupted....err well there isnt one on firered...but what about Mt. Ember? Maybe you can move mt. ember to cinnabar, since the erruption effect.

#2 Pokemon tower in g/s/c is a radio tower. Are you gonna delete pokemon tower, or make a new radio tower?

#3 Saffron City, Goldenrod connecting Railroad. Will you include that?

#4 Mt.Silver (Silver Cave). Maybe that can be a location of the new pokemon league? Or maybe just it can have a new purpose, like to capture a legendary pokemon like mew.

#5 Mt.Mortar was extremely confusing in G/S/C, and the only purpose was for Tyrouge and Marill. Maybe adding a legendary, or a rival fight??? (I didnt get to Mt.Mortar yet, maybe someone can answer this for me.

Im still new to your game, but those are a couple things i was thinking about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back