• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Shiny

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
  • huh?? the demo doesn't have the CBS but CBS??? :S

anyway, the cbs looks great i think, I like how you've minamised the battle part of the screen and not made it full size (cause sometimes when other people do it- it looks way to pixelayed) - yours looks fine. Good job. :)

rebellee1187

Just another programmer..
    Years
  • Problems...

I downloaded the demo, but I seem to be having some problems.

First: Your into with Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi was awesome, but it had a good number of spelling errors. You'll probably want to fix those.

Second: The enter Hero name screen came up, and then I had my chat with Professor Oak. Then he made me give my name again. You might want to fix that.

Third: Additionally, Oaks speech is extremely short. Perhaps he should have a little more to say.

Fourth: Your maps are too large. Your room has too much blank space, and downstairs was WAY to sparsely furnished. Shrink the rooms and add some furnature. Oaks lab was too big as well.

Fifth: In Oaks lab, when you select a Pokemon, the ball it is in doesn't leave the table. Kinda wierd... Then your "brother?" appears (he was invisable for me, you seem to have selected the wrong part of Gary, cause all I could see of him was him with his fishing pole as he walked down), and takes a Pokemon which doesn't leave either. Again, Oak was too brief. More Dialogue would be nice.

Sixth: Back in town, some of the text boxes were funky. After I looked a building sign, the next character I talked to had that same box, which was different from all of the other characters. Professor Oaks door wouldn't open into his house. When I tried to enter the really big building, I wound up back in the Heros house.

Seventh: When I tried to leave town, my invisable rival appeared. He challenged me to a battle, which initiated, then crashed. It "referenced a script that does not exist."

That was as far as I currently am. I know it sounds like I'm trashing your demo, but I know how much effort you have put into this and I can tell you are working hard on it. These are just suggestions to make it the best it can be. I mean no offense. I'll try to get past your rival battle and play from there. I know the final product will be great!

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • ooh nasty...! I was playing your game it come up with some script error.. so I thought I'd find the problem... guess what I found? a poor attempt rip my desert chip... I have no idea why you would want to rip mine! I'll give you a tip don't rip from my screens. At least wait until I rease a demo of my game to get the chip. sheesh.. I loved the intro (before oaks intro) but too bad I couldn't start the first battle... If I can fix it i'll give you a full review.. bye

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    ooh nasty...! I was playing your game it come up with some script error.. so I thought I'd find the problem... guess what I found? a poor attempt rip my desert chip... I have no idea why you would want to rip mine! I'll give you a tip don't rip from my screens. At least wait until I rease a demo of my game to get the chip. sheesh.. I loved the intro (before oaks intro) but too bad I couldn't start the first battle... If I can fix it i'll give you a full review.. bye
    I was going to ask you the desert chip, but I forgot to ask you so itried making one myself, and your right, poor attemp but I can't really manage to make chipsets....sorry if your unhappy... :\
    Next time I like a chipset you've made,I'll ask you!
    Sorry for the demo, but I deleted all the monster and monster groups....
    And this isn't supposed to be the demo, but when I styarted making the cbs I decided to put a demo up.
    put these files in the Pokemon shiny folder to fix the problem.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I've played it all through, and there aren't many bugs to do with events.
    However, your maps were quite plain. I think you should go over and redo some of them.

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    pick43.PNG
    pick44.PNG

pick45.PNG

Here's "new screens of a cave, hope my mapping is better! :D i'm going to try to make some maps better Daegon!

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I like the atmosphere of that cave... Good job!

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    pick46.PNG
    the new forest (route 2)
    pick47.PNG

pick48.PNG
    one new text box
    pick49.PNG
    Navel rock!
    pick50.PNG
    I'm under
    pick51.PNG
    And now over!!(very easy to do)
    Heres some new screens.

Report:
    CBS:10%
    CMS:80%

I made the whole outside of the game in FR/LG graphics, I like them better ;)
    I might make an opton screen , a bit like rm2k3kids one(i wont steal anything though)

pokemaster_ :P shiny

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    pick53.PNG
    pick52.PNG

Here's some new screens of improved towns.
    CBS is going well please comment.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • ur editing emerald trees look nice...
    EDIT: after having a closer look at the trees- make the top of them just plain green- you can see this random bit of Dark green at the top were you move the tree in closer.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The light green roads around the contest hall (is that red white building the contest hall BTW?) are a bit intertwined with each other and a bit thin. They don't look realistic to me.

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    Kolan.PNG

Antho.PNG

I've been redoing some maps of my game and improved the batle system, I'll release a demo when the cbs is finished and I've made all the houses in routes/ towns.
    Has my mapping improved?
    pokemaster_shiny

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Yeah, the maps are great now! One suggestion, change the brown color to a dark green color. That area is supposed to be the shadow cast by the tree.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I wonder what that awfully tall tower like building's meant to be.

badboy2658(REMAKE)

Pok?mon Allstar Creator
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    Pokemaster_shiny said:
    Kolan.PNG

Antho.PNG

I've been redoing some maps of my game and improved the batle system, I'll release a demo when the cbs is finished and I've made all the houses in routes/ towns.
    Has my mapping improved?
    pokemaster_shiny

yes it hase but i would like some credit because in your second screenie u used my houses you ripped them from a chipset i made i know this because i have it on my computer and used it in my game so all i ask from you is credit

Back