• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Sky SD

What do you think of the hack so far?

• Very Good, really like it.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Good, I like it.

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • Average, ok I guess.

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Not so good, needs work.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Bad, I really don't like it

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
  • Hmm, a twitter feed eh? Don't know that I've ever seen one of those for a hack before. In any case, since I don't have a twitter I will still be following through this thread.

So I read hear that there will be alternative forms of the starters' evos... but that the starters won't evolve into them. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I doubt I'm going to go traipsing through the grass, looking to recatch my starter and hope that it can evolve into the special version. Or do you plan on just making the special forms appear in the wild as events? That would tie up any loose ends and fixes continuity errors within the evolutionary lines, as well as just making more sense.

PokemonSkySD

Credit to Dots for the Avatar
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    These special versions will be 'Events'.
    Each accuring during the storyline. I can't say much more at the moment, as exactly when for each is not final.

An extra piece of info on these, they can be Breed to give you a Special Prevolution.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
  • Taste very of pallets of this game therefore is very well worked, but I find that I would have to more than give one improved in mapping with a little the details.

PokemonSkySD

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks Wesley, we'll keep working on it. It's not quite up too light platinium's level yet.

Years
    • Seen today
    Well, the story seems okay, and I like the fact that you are going to have reposes for Pokemon to make it more appealing.

But I don't like the fact that you are going to a Mart to pick up some package for Oak. It's either because you don't want to change that script, or you are unable to.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I know but he wasn't comparing our game to his i think :S

He wasn't, but the comparison is bound to be made when he comments on your hack. I mean, there's not much to say when he compliments, other than "Hey thanks! It's not as good as Light Platinum though." Returning a compliment with a compliment.

PokemonSkySD

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Yh, at different points they'll be reference to many different things.
    Also suprised you the first person too mention it.

PokemonSkySD

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Ok, sounds good.
    As i've said to others, we'll send you the game once the current part, Edge Town, is completed.

PokemonSkySD

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Fixed, also just made a some rocks.
    here is it implimented on path 1.

Comments?

EDIT: First Post Update: -
    - New section has been added, the Sprite Collection.

Last edited:

PokemonSkySD

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Update: -
    First and fore most.
    - New Tiles have been implemented.
    e.g New Gym And new rocks
    Spoiler:

There are now new Screenshots on the first post.
    The Sprite Section is in the process of being updated as more and more sprites are added too it.

- We are getting closer too the first Beta release, as the next set of maps are getting completed.
    The new city is Warrow City, the home of the Second Gym.

- Thirdly, as it was noticed the game is loosly based around Australia. Because of this we are adding in several references.
    A major addition is that of Foster's Beer, instead of the Vending Machine Drinks. This comes in three sizes, 1/2 Pint, Pint and Keg.
    The other additions are up to you too find through out the game. They could be anything from Music to Sport.

- Next, it seems that we are in the running for Hack of The Week, this week.

Thanks too anyone that has voted. and Good Luck too Pokemon Lynn and Pokemon Master Quest.
    We'll update with the results when they arrive.

Thanks too everyone for your support so far. We hope you keep watching and would like you too comment on what we've got so far.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    this sounds great cant wait for a beta. good luck with this.

Years
    • Seen today
    Sky, this this looking Great!

Good luck with your game.

I still don't like the fact that you ignored this post:
    Well, the story seems okay, and I like the fact that you are going to have reposes for Pokemon to make it more appealing.

But I don't like the fact that you are going to a Mart to pick up some package for Oak. It's either because you don't want to change that script, or you are unable to.

I is mad.

DURR.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I still don't like the fact that you ignored this post:

I is mad.

DURR.

DURR u can haz ansurz from first page posts.

Now based on the story, it looks like you're reusing the Oak's Parcel script. Bleh. It's interesting to pick and choose and reuse certain scripts, but I don't know that such an easily recognizable script so early in the game needs to be in a hack. But I digress.

I like your realisticness, but for new sprites we mean very small changes (other than starters and rayquaza) and we wanted to keep the Oak's parcel script, we could get rid of it if we wanted but we like the fact you have to go back to the beginning to get the pokedex, also it triggers the grunts blocking the way on king island to disappear which works really well. Other than that thanks :)

Edit: We may change the name, picture and description of Oak's Parcel to 5 pokeballs or 1 i'm not sure on the amount.

On a different note, these updates are looking pretty good SkySD. I like the gym you inserted, and your sprite section looks like it will grow something that could sell people on your hack on its own. And who doesn't like Foster's? It's Australian for beer!

PokemonSkySD

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Sorry about not replying that 5qwerty, I got pre-occupied by the first post.

Thanks for the compliments Curt, currently working on the Arcanine and Altaria Sprites. They should be added soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back