• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Souls of the Dark

Smarties

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    Storyline, Features are okay for me. I'll give it 6.5/10 for my rating. :>

The thing that I don't like is your mapping. It's fine but it needs more improvement. 6/10 for that.

Overall 5.5/10

Goodluck. Hoping to see more updates of this. :>

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Update:

Major set back as i find out from my private beta tester that the rom crashes. i have got a new clean rom to work from, demo should not be too far away now and you will also be able to see Caladan Island now.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • The Story:

You are the fifteen year old son of a florist, pretty much a nobody. Ten years ago and evil organisation know only as the "Shadows", over ran the region of Arrakis. During this time you were five and witnesses your mother being killed by them, ever since then you have had a burning hate towards the Shadows. The one day you recieve a letter fom the notorious Professor Sol, who heads the Resistence known as "Light". The Light Report suggests that you are the enlightened one, the one person who signifies the end of the Shadows and unites everyone to rise against their evil oppressors. You go and meet Professor Sol, get your starting pokemon and set out to banish the shadows from the land (city by city).

understand?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • UPDATE:

Well all the bugs found so far have been noted by my faithful beta testers and fixed by yours truely.
    The Demo has been release so.....enjoy!
    please report and post any ideas, bugs or anything about my hack, I am eager to hear it.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Update:

Route One has been completely mapped and 62% scripting which means I will begin to start on the next city.
    Each subsequent beta will be the older one, plus a new city (or major event) and routes up to it.
    does anyone know where to get a PokeDex editor?

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Update:

Route One has been completely mapped and 62% scripting which means I will begin to start on the next city.
    Each subsequent beta will be the older one, plus a new city (or major event) and routes up to it.
    does anyone know where to get a PokeDex editor?

If changing the order of the PokeDex is what you want, go here.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Thank you for that, it was very helpful.

Update: New CSS background to the thread, it should be easier to read now.
    xJordan360 has made the wicked banner for SotD, it looks wicked - thanks.
    The next city, Rossack City is underway, if you have any ideas for any part of my hack, i would love to hear them.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I'm a little confused.. and a little nooby I'm afraid :) Where do I get a pokemon? And how do I get out of the first town? Thanks :) x

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I'm a little confused.. and a little nooby I'm afraid :) Where do I get a pokemon? And how do I get out of the first town? Thanks :) x

in the demo it wasnt made clear enough (did i include a readme?) but you go into the pokecentre, and down the escalator, the door through there will take you into resistance tunnel, follow it around to the other end and out. then walk outside the house.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Okay, so I played the "alpha" demo thing, and the first impression I got was "lazy." All of the NPC scripts remain unchanged, and you reused Oak's script... Overall, I'm not impressed with this alpha at all. I hope you are still working on this thing though, because the story is superb and the starter triangle features Pokemon I actually want.

Back