• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    Do you like Viz's or Chaung Yi's translation better?
    Hm...so far, I'm liking Chuang Yi's translation. (minus some MAJOR typos in the past. ) but I really like Viz's translation too.

I wonder how Viz will do?

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    still wish special was a anime or ovas for that matter but the seeds of evil the original one has are to deep not letting special be born that's why special can't be an anime it breaks the heart of the King T_T still wish Silver will was taken away from the manga but only the evil people wishes are granted
    DUDE! WTF? How can you not like Silver?! Silver's not afraid to show his feelings when necessary! I mean, have you seen Red cry manly tears?

I MEAN, ISN'T THIS SEXY?!:

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Also, emo boys have great hair! And I love Death Note, and Sasuke, and every Emo character on anime/manga, and their FABOULOUS! hair!
    Spoiler:

I prefer Viz, but they have some really lame jokes. Then again, that's my completely biased opinion, since I've only read the viz translations.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well, since I was comparing Ash to Manga, I guess it's on topic? -shrugs- Butanyways...

In general, I would have to say that I like Viz's translation better, despite them switching Green's and Blue's name. I mean... I guess it's not completely there fault, since they wanted the rival of Red to match what game we got here (Blue) ...

I have... four of those little books. :3 I stole got them from my friend's brother~

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Ugh, Poker, don't even try to reason with King. xD As much of a Silver fan as I am, arguing with King only gets both of you yelled at.

Personally, I like Viz's just because some of things come across as funny in Chaung Yi's version. It isn't their fault at all; I just think localization is an important part of the translation process, and it seems like Chaung Yi leaves this out. Understandably, because it wouldn't make sense localizing for America or England when they live in Singapore. One of the best examples is... well... count how many times, in the R/S arch that someone says, " of cos!". It took be FOREVER to figure out this meant "Course" instead of a shortening of because.

xD Don't get me wrong! I love that i can get the series this far in english, (Whoo, Silver~ ) but I do honestly prefer Viz's translation process.

Years
    I actually don't know. 8D; They both lose points for the whole annoying Green/Blue name switch thing. Chuang Yi had quite a few typos, while VIZ re-named every chapter with a ridculously corny Pokemon pun...

Nen only knows what VIZ's translation is like from the "Best of" books, though. :x My tiny little town's bookstores still don't have the new re-release of PokeSupe volume one. It looks really fun to read it in Japanese format... but those weird remade covers are scary. @.@; They should use the original ones, I think.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm lucky enough to say that even though my bookstore is retarted and probably doesn't know about the re-release, I first read PokeSpe via Viz, via my library, who has the original second and third manga that they released all the way back then. (I think they may have the first one... but I don't quite remember. XD; Last time I checked them out, they only had the second and the third one.)

So... considering that I read the Viz version before the Chaung Yi translation, it may be partly why I perfer them, despite the horrible title puns, no nicknames, and name switch.

Torosiken

The angst is in the bloodline
    Years
    Chuang Yi more. I like the style of talk.
    I also like blue as boy more than girl.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Ugh, Poker, don't even try to reason with King. xD As much of a Silver fan as I am, arguing with King only gets both of you yelled at.
    Indeed. You'd better get used to King's Silver-hating and Red-loving, because there's no way to reason with him.

Anyway.

As for the topic... I have no idea. I don't even know what translation I have O_o I take it that the ones from Singapore are Chaung Yi's translation...? Well, I choose that one then since it's the only one I've read and I'm content with it. Except the Blue-Green switch of course. But that's the same in the other translation.

And as for Ash...

I must admit I kinda do like him. I have just a soft spot for him; call it nostalgia. Of course, he's nowhere in the same league as Red and Green (battle and look-wise). But he has this personality that is sweet. And yes, I still watch the anime and enjoy it. D&P > Jotho + Kanto seasons.

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    Like I would know the difference. XD; Seriously... I have no idea. ._.;

DUDE! WTF? How can you not like Silver?! Silver's not afraid to show his feelings when necessary! I mean, have you seen Red cry manly tears?
    Oh my gosh. I wish... >3< *drools over mind image*
    Yes! 83 Yamamoto-sensei could at least *draw* what happened in the Emerald arc 'Dex Holder tournament. Ya have no idea how much I wanna see that, ZOMG. It would contain so much epicness.~ A battle between Ruby and Green would be very interesting. xD
    Yeah... I know what you mean... I was like: "D< What the hell? I wanna see them battle each other! DDD:"
    Maybe they can bring the tournament as special edition manga series? 8D *shot for being unrealistic*

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years

I've only ever read Chuang Yi's translations, so I can't really compare ^^;

Maybe they can bring the tournament as special edition manga series? 8D

Oh, the endless possibilities of epicness/smexyness that would ensue if that was the case <333 *is also shot*

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Go figure that when I was on here all day yesterday, there were maybe 5 posts in the FC all day. Then when I'm forced to leave today, there's 20. >.> But anyways!

Amazing fanart, Peaches and Val! The Gold and Lugia one is EPIC. *Drools over the idea of it in the manga* And the Falkner one...XDDDDD AND ZOMG!!! Silver and Gold in that pic are so cute!!! <3333

Oh, the tournament...Could they redo it in HG/SS maybe? (That and Gold and Crys' training. :3)

To the Ash topic...Oh come on. Just try comparing him to Red and find something he's better at, I DARE YOU. For example:
    1. Red's hair looks so much more awesome.
    2. I've actually seen him nearly die in the manga.
    3. For heaven's sake, HE'S SIXTEEN!! (And amazingly hawt <3) Isn't Ash still, like, ten or twelve?? O.O
    All of this could apply for any and all the male Dex Holders. Especially Gold. XD

Er, I'm not sure. I don't read the actual manga (My library is seriously deprived of anything in that category -.-) and I read them online (I don't care if it's illegal, I NEED MY POKESPE!! -shot-) so I can't really answer. Wow, waste of typing space. >.>

Oh, and a new HG/SS update? Must check. *Runs off*
    EDIT: Pictures! Pictures for the D/P and Platinum arcs! And EUSINE IS BACK!! Look at him in that scan! Amazing!! I can't wait to see him in the manga! (Although maybe less than I would Gold. ^^; )

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    To the Ash topic...Oh come on. Just try comparing him to Red and find something he's better at, I DARE YOU. For example:
    1. Red's hair looks so much more awesome.
    2. I've actually seen him nearly die in the manga.
    3. For heaven's sake, HE'S SIXTEEN!! (And amazingly hawt <3) Isn't Ash still, like, ten or twelve?? O.O
    All of this could apply for any and all the male Dex Holders. Especially Gold. XD

I have more!

4. Red's Pokemon's levels don't go down to like -10 every time a new arc begins. (I could have just said his Pokemon are just stronger)
    5. Red isn't a woos (sp?)

I liked that picture of the battle between Ruby and Green. That Falkner picture of Falkner is pure epicness!

Torosiken

The angst is in the bloodline
    Years
    4. Red's Pokemon's levels don't go down to like -10 every time a new arc begins. (I could have just said his Pokemon are just stronger)
    5. Red isn't a woos (sp?)
    6. Red is cooler *shot*
    7. Ash never won any league but red yes(only orange one? but that one is small league =.='')
    8. Ash always release his pokemon, red not. >.> Ash always trash his pokemon. I hate it.
    9. other's turn

Spoiler:

Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    Oh I missed a lot of posts again,

Well, I never read any of the Viz translations because I have all of the Chaung Yi books so I'm gonna have to say that I like Chaung Yi's translations. But I like how Sapphire talks, with the cos and the ya's.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    WOW, looks like the clubs more active huh?
    Anyways to get caught up and back on topic

I can't give an answer to this because I have yet to read let alone find a viz version in any bookstore (still searching) but from what I read Chaung Yi's not so bad (still don't like the name swich).

6. Red is cooler *shot*
    7. Ash never won any league but red yes(only orange one? but that one is small league =.='')
    8. Ash always release his pokemon, red not. >.> Ash always trash his pokemon. I hate it.
    9. other's turn

10. Red is waaaaaaaaaayyyyy smarter than Ash
    11. Red is connect to deoxys by blood!
    12. Red's rivals wipe the floor with Ash's rivals

I'm just wondering but are we doing a 50 reasons why Red is better?

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    13. Red hasn't been an eleven-year old for ten years.
    14. Ash is lame.
    15. The only reason there's to like about Ash is his gloves.
    16. Ash is a pedo. I mean, Misty was his age
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT] May and Dawn aren't.
    17. Red is kind and hot and smexy in a teenagerish way.
    18. Ash is trying to be the best trainer for eleven years now. Red is the best trainer ever, and it took him, like, what?
    Two years?
    Just give up already, Ash.
    You suck.
    19. Ash is lame.
    20. Ash is lame.
    21. Ash is lame.

KTHNXBYE.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    No. But we should! However, in Ash's defense, Red's Pikachu has done things that defy Pokemon World logic, too. Like the time it split Onix apart and the fight with Rhydon on Mt. Moon. *shot by Red Fangirls* *decapitated by Val*

19. Red's hair is logic defying cool!
    20. His Pokemon actually evolve.
    21. He is not gay like Ash has a possible romantic interest.

Wow, manhattan went psycho fangirl mode for Red, juts like my sister does for the Jonas Brothers. xD

Last edited:

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
    why are we making a list about that everyone knows That Red is the best character in special he can't be beat,he is a God,he is not emo,etc... man why a list is so troublesome and takes space in the club is almost as usless as the why you like sikver lol

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    ....Seriously, can we stop with the list now.
    You guys are going to get into some trouble if you don't stop. That goes for you too king.

I think we need a new topic.

...and like Cyan said, er, try not to reason with king. VV;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back