• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Welcome, Mori! :D
    I wish I had some real copies of PokéSpe, even if they were cheap-o ones. >> All I have is the internet. (Which, on the bright side, will never yellow and hopefully never fall apart.)

Thank you (: And oh dear ): But at least you have MangaFox...? :3

Read Viz's vol. 4 yesterday. Yays, but the thing that bothered me was the inconsisity of the nicknames. Pika is sometimes called Pika, sometimes Pikachu, and the same thing happens to Yellow's Ratata and Doduo. Red's other Pokemon are STILL not called their nicknames...

They did that with Pika/Pikachu in Viz Volumes 1-3, or so I found...especially in Volume 3. I kinda forgot that he even had a nickname, because Red just kept referring to him as Pikachu. D;

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    xD Post about the devil... yesterday my friend saw my other friend and me reading PokéSpe and commented that it looked familiar. And today, he brought to school a sort of mini-volume of Pokémon Adventures that had rounds 1-3. (And the first volume of The Electric Tale of Pikachu.)
    It looks neat in person! It was also magnified to the size of your average American comic book, as opposed to being manga-sized.

When I read through the first time, I thought "Pika" was Pikachu's speech... eventually I realized that was its name... took me a little bit too long.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    *freaks* OMGZ LOOK!!
    https://konbu.gokujou.biz/
    T-T-T-THEY'RE SELLING POKESPE DOUJINSHI!
    (click on the thing at the top that says 'off' and then there's this thing about their doujinshi and ordering it and stuff) Sadly, it says that they ran out of Pokespe or something so you'll have to wait until December for them to restock. It's in Japanese, btw. I'm not sure if they're shipping to America but I'll ask. (you can see the order form when you click on the slightly darker text at the end of the second line after the little dashed line thing under the 'off' page.)
    Just thought I'd mention it... it's just that I've never seen a Pokespe doujinshi before...

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    BerlitzKaulitz said:
    *freaks* OMGZ LOOK!!
    (click on the thing at the top that says 'off' and then there's this thing about their doujinshi and ordering it and stuff) Sadly, it says that they ran out of Pokespe or something so you'll have to wait until December for them to restock. It's in Japanese, btw. I'm not sure if they're shipping to America but I'll ask. (you can see the order form when you click on the slightly darker text at the end of the second line after the little dashed line thing under the 'off' page.)
    Just thought I'd mention it... it's just that I've never seen a Pokespe doujinshi before...
    Ah yes, konbu gokujou. Me <3 that site. I really, really wanted that book, especially since it's so cheap (I mean, really, 300 yen for a book!? That's 3 US dollars in transition), but I doubt they're selling internationally. Actually, no, I'm positive they're not, plus with shipping charges and such...Eh. But there was Mangaquest in there. Can never have enough of that. <333 *shot by MangaQuest haters*

Hallo, Mori~sorry I couldn't greet you earlier. An unnamed much hated object that starts with 'L' kept getting in the way. Blugh.

Oh, and the netkun site updated with pictures~add that to the ones already posted on Serebii, and it seems like a much anticipated ending to the DP arc is near. :D

manhattan said:
    Also, I want some moar PokéFics.
    The lack of new fanfictions concerning the game/manga is starting to worry me. :c
    >.> Sorry. I'm writing as fast as the previously mentioned object of hate permits me, but...well...it's a fat sack of lard, how's that for an excuse? *shot* I'll shut up now before I begin shameless plugging. Ahum.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Oh, and the netkun site updated with pictures~add that to the ones already posted on Serebii, and it seems like a much anticipated ending to the DP arc is near. :D

^u^ I saw. THey look pretty cool~

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Ageless Irony said:
    Dan green's voice is WAY too deep for Ruby, let alone anyone else in the cast.

Hmm, got a point there...crap. But he can do high-pitched voices...so that would fit Ruby fine for a bit...no?

manhattan said:
    The only ship remotely close to that is Ruby/Sapphire, and we all know how that went out to be.

Well it's not a disaster, is it? And it's not like it fell apart either.

TheSystemIsDown said:
    I haven't played that game, sorry. But I did check out the wiki article of it, and yeah, it is a bit similar. Except that Bioshock takes place in 1960.

It's a really good horror/sci-fi game. At least I think so. The sequel to that is coming out soon. Hmm, reminds me of Fallout.

Hope some of you guys had a nice Thanksgiving. I didn't.

Aww, how come? :(

Welcome Moriarty to the club!

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Hi Moriarty! Welcome to our wonderful club :3

*freaks* OMGZ LOOK!!

I've never seen Pokespe doujins before too! ;; But WAH, those covers look so nice!

In other news, I've gotten my hands on Volume 31! Chuang Yi publications released it about a week or two ago <33 Would like to inform the Commonershippers that despite the fact that there were a few cute Haughty-hints, there was obvious Commoner-action in Chapter #355 (Vs Unown II), the last chapter of Voulme 31. Mangafox has only posted up till Chapter #350 last I checked, though.

We're topic-less ;__;

If you could change something about Pokespe, what would it be?

As great as the manga is, I'm sure that there's something one would like to change? Meh, I could be wrong.

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    *pops in randomly because she is hiding from the stuff she is supposed to do like washing the dishes and doing laundry*
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Nothing.

Nah. I would actually change all the shipping HINTS into shipping SCENES! :D But that is just the fangirl calling in me.
    maybe I would also make the characters a bit more matured. Even if they grow up during the storyline, they still keep being teens. Some stuff would be even more epic if the characters were older. Especially the boys.

Something funny to lighten up my post...:
    Spoiler:

And something epic to make the post more interesting...:
    Spoiler:

*sneaks out to start with the dishes* ;;

Mintly

*eats peppermints*
    Years
    *freaks* OMGZ LOOK!!
    Looks awesome :) ...:( too bad I don't know another language (unless you count Spanish class lol).
    Spoiler:
    Lance!! :DDD Dragonite looks adorable ^^ (Despite the fact that both are hurt) And you're right, Lance is epic! He's gotta be one of my favorite guys in any media <3

Shipping=yes! But hey, it's really fun to have to kind of make it up lol. plus that brings on the whole crackshipping thing... which is fun of course XD
    Er...nothing else really. Pokespe is full of awesome ^^

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years

I'm not sure. I'm fine with the way it is right now. Idon't have anything to complain about.

Val those pics are absolutely EPIC!

Years
    PokeSpe doujinshi, huh? :o Looks real shiny. But if it has MangaQuest, I don't wanna buy it. -brick'd-
    Just another reason for me to stop being lazy and find a good Japanese teacher. Dx
    Moriarty said:
    Yaaay, Emerald~! I love him to bits. XD
    YES. :D Emerald totally needs moar fans. The kid doesn't get enough credit.
    ValentineUmbreon said:
    Spoiler:
    Woah. ;A; This is probably the most epic thing I've seen all day.

I agree with everyone else. :o There's not much I'd like to change aside from shippy stuff... Although it'd be nice for Mato-sensei to be the mangaka again. I've recently become a huge fan of her style.

Rai-chan

DINOSAURSMASH!!
    Years

That Red would evolve Pika! I mean, there is a severe lack of Raichus in this world and I know that Lt. Surge has one but... well, if Red evolved his, then it would be like a evolution thing, with Gold having Pichu, Yellow having Pikachu, and finally, Red having a Raichu!!! AUUGH! I'm so frustrated!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Wow, so many people responded to that. Yay!
    Actually, I'm going to try to order it. On the site it said that they are temporarily out of stock on the Pokespe ones, but they expect to get a restock this month... wait, did I say that already? Uh, anyway, even if they don't ship international, I have my ways of getting it I should be able to get it.. eventually... I emailed them and asked them about shipping international and paying and stuff.
    Also, it looks like the doujin isn't just for fun, they're acutally having a huge(?) event in Tokyo that's totally Pokemon-themed. Or something like that. And I think there will be other people selling doujin and cosplaying and stuff.
    I also translated some of the artwork from their site...not sure if it's perfect translation but it should be close considering that i had to look up about a third of the kanji. Does anyone wanna see it?

I'd have to agree withe everyone and say shipping.
    Though Pika evolving would be kinda cool too...

(edit) OMGZ!! THEY REPLIED TO MY EMAIL ALREADY!
    GOOD NEWS, THEY SAID THAT THEY SHIP INTERNATIONAL!!!!
    (well, sorta.) They said that they havent done that before so they dont know how long it will take, and then they told me to pay with International money order, and then they told me to place my order.
    :DDDD yaaaaaayyyyyyssssss~

Last edited:

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Something funny to lighten up my post...:
    Spoiler:
    This makes me so happy, you just wouldn't believe.
    Also, Green: "What is this I don't even."
    (Also I can't tell what those two characters are at the bottom of that line of text... x_o)
    Spoiler:

*sneaks out to start with the dishes* ;;
    And that is just amazing. Is it strange that I wanna give the both of them a big hug?

Annnnnnyway.
    Ummmm.
    I actually kinda don't want more canon shipping, but I do want more shippy hints! The guessing is just too much fun.
    Pika evolving... I don't know, I'm a little attached to Pika as... well, Pikachu.

Wow, PokéSpe Doujinshi? ;-; I wish I could effectively read Japanese! That sounds really awesome.
    alsoMangaQuestyaaaaaayyy
    I've gotta strengthen my Japanese. My grasp on Japanese sentence structure is a giant wad of fail.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Uwaaah, Valentine, those pictures are so cute~! (: (: I love Blue/Green's epic facepalm. XD;

Errr...make them more available in the UK! ;_; But seriously, I wouldn't change a thing. I love how PokéSpec is. (:

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    BerlitzKaulitz said:
    OMGZ!! THEY REPLIED TO MY EMAIL ALREADY!
    GOOD NEWS, THEY SAID THAT THEY SHIP INTERNATIONAL!!!!
    (well, sorta.) They said that they havent done that before so they dont know how long it will take, and then they told me to pay with International money order, and then they told me to place my order.
    SERIOUSLY!? 8O Oh, I really, really wish I wasn't completely penniless now. TAT *want want want* *effectively drools*
    Does anyone wanna see it?
    What, stealing my job? Just kidding. ;D You're probably faster at translating then me.

Dear Marley said:
    alsoMangaQuestyaaaaaayyy
    YAYA! *shot*
    My grasp on Japanese sentence structure is a giant wad of fail.
    Japanese sentence structure isn't so hard, I think - in most sentences, just flip the subject and the verb around, then translate them into English to make sense. Although you'd probably want to learn Japanese vocabulary first. But, please...please, don't resort to using translating machines, Marley. They make me shed tears, those do. >.>
    Valentine Umbreon said:
    HGSS FANART? :D *saves* So many glasses full of win, haha. XD
    Change? Me? MEW ALMIGHTY, I WANT A POKESPE ANIME PRONTO! ON THE DOUBLE! *stared at* Right. Not an effective answer. And I know shippings have already been said, yes? How about moar shippings? :D *shot again*

ALSO. I went to the monthly blog updates, and it turns out that Grade 4 will be continuing Pokespe next year, in 2010. Huzzah! *Does the Happy Dance* Not only that, but the editor said "We'll try and increase it more than it was before and present it to our readers." That means more pages per chapter, right? Yay~! *does the cookie dance* Grades 5 and 6 are still unsure, but since the Platinum arc will be advancing further per chapter than it was before, then maybe we'll get a HG/SS arc after all? *hopeful* Shame on me, shame. I know. >.>

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    SERIOUSLY!? 8O Oh, I really, really wish I wasn't completely penniless now. TAT *want want want* *effectively drools*
    It wasn't that much. I ordered the two Pokespe books and the total (including shipping) is..... 1380 yen.

Here's one of the short comics from their site (okay, maybe not that short) (its 14 pages long...) that I translated.. hope it's okay.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    ALSO. I went to the monthly blog updates, and it turns out that Grade 4 will be continuing Pokespe next year, in 2010. Huzzah! *Does the Happy Dance* Not only that, but the editor said "We'll try and increase it more than it was before and present it to our readers." That means more pages per chapter, right? Yay~! *does the cookie dance* Grades 5 and 6 are still unsure, but since the Platinum arc will be advancing further per chapter than it was before, then maybe we'll get a HG/SS arc after all? *hopeful* Shame on me, shame. I know. >.>
    OuO WOOHOO~~~~
    I hope so too.
    It wasn't that much. I ordered the two Pokespe books and the total (including shipping) is..... 1380 yen.

Here's one of the short comics from their site (okay, maybe not that short) (its 14 pages long...) that I translated.. hope it's okay.

O: Oh really? Cool~
    *cannot convert monies, or read Japanese, and I want those books.;; *

ouo I saw that comic. It's cute~

Maybe more funny and awkward moments? *shot*

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Japanese sentence structure isn't so hard, I think - in most sentences, just flip the subject and the verb around, then translate them into English to make sense. Although you'd probably want to learn Japanese vocabulary first. But, please...please, don't resort to using translating machines, Marley. They make me shed tears, those do. >.>
    Well, that's all good for Noun-Verb-Direct Object sentences, but there are so many more kinds of sentences. >> And those, I'm completely lost on.
    I know a bunch of the common particles, and I've got some vocabulary under my belt. Not much, but some. But it takes me forever to figure out what something says, and I'm always unsure.
    I've used translators to figure out words and sometimes phrases (compounds, mostly), but never with whole sentences. x_o God that would probably fail worse than I do.
    Yeah! MangaQuest-five~!

Also, that comic is made of adorable. Pumpkin-head Yellow, so cute~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back