• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTz

ジェット
Years
  • Can i join? =)

Cant remember where i watch til but it was pretty latest?

So my favourite character would be Green(Guy) some manga just mistook the name of Blue and Green =\

That Final Battles was awesome in the manga!<3

Most of it because because it has Green on it.

Green was hawt and the way he handle his pokemon was way too coollll

Oh i just read DPPt manga volume 2. Haven read the volume 1 but my friend was introducing to me.

When on the way back from school today, my friend just bought it and i watched it. Nicee

But the main character(Guy) was pretty shortz lulz

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    New Character designs.

Spoiler:

Gold looks pretty much the same, but it seems Crystal will be replaced. I'm assuming that in the HGSS arc Crystal will wear the same outfit.(Like how Red, Green, and Blue wore the new outfits from FRLG) But that outfit doesn't seem to suit Crystal at all... time will tell.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • D: -dies a little inside- Wow... didnt think it was possible to ruin their character's designs... But it is a remake and Ill get used to it. Kris, we hardly knew ya. Looks like more anime references than manga ones again... the notch-ear Pichu has an event in Ilex. At least they slavaged the PokeGear... My only complaint is that they're not wearing RL-style clothes. I would be ok if they tried to be more realistic. Anyways, I ahve class... remaining screenshots: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=178556

-goes to class in Rage-

Years
  • I'll have to somewhat agree with sir here.

I just hope that it's Crys with a new hair dye and clothes or something (I hope our dear author does that...since Crys is awesome) :P

As for the new clothes...They're fine with me. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I was disappointed at the replacement of the female character in the games though.:( I know that a lot of people will disagree with me, but the new girl from the HGSS games does look like Crys/Kris. I mean both of them have pig-tails, but this girl pig-tail was cut shorter and her hair is a different color.

I hope the writers this manga will dye Crystals hair to make it look like the girl from that game as will as change the style. I am completely okay with that then again they did not dye Red's hair despite the fact that the FRLG male protagonist did have brown hair.

Last edited:

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I was disappointed at the replacement of the female character in the games though.:( I know that a lot of people will disagree with me, but the new girl from the HGSS games does look like Crys/Kris. I mean both of them have pig-tails, but this girl pig-tail was cut shorter and her hair is a different color.

I hope the writers this manga will dye Crystals hair to make it look like the girl from that game as will as change the style. I am completely okay with that then again they did not dye Red's hair despite the fact that the FRLG male protagonist did have brown hair.

I saw this edited picture on the interwebs:

The Manga artist could change the outfit in a similar fashion.

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • well remenber people this is the best game in the pokemon history not much you can do to make it better but i like the desings better then the ones TYA lets see if the make the rival the same or add something new because the hero's pants look diferrent well have to wait at least a year to see what the author those with this. about dying Cris hair i don't thinks so the didn't do it for Red and Green because Green's hair in FRLG game was more blond then brown and Red's hair was brown

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    New Character designs.

Spoiler:

Gold looks pretty much the same, but it seems Crystal will be replaced. I'm assuming that in the HGSS arc Crystal will wear the same outfit.(Like how Red, Green, and Blue wore the new outfits from FRLG) But that outfit doesn't seem to suit Crystal at all... time will tell.

Gold looks ... pretty much the same. I'm fine with that. xD

Crystal ... AUGHWHATNO. D:< I hope the manga uses something like Seraph's edited version, because to me the new design looks a lot like Blue's, especially the hat, bag and hair/eye color. At least, I hope they keep Crystal's original hair color because there'd be no way to explain the sudden change in her eye color from blue to brown. And Crystal is most definitely not a clone of Blue. DX Unless they completely replace her with a new girl, which is going to be really hard to do in my opinion.

Actually, I could get to like Seraph's edited version. The original ... what is with her overalls?

[/endrant]

Last edited:

TheViolentTomboy

I'll hit you with this thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    Gold's new design is alright, but as for Kris's...him...

Well, the creators of Pokespe have already slightly tinkered with the protagonists' designs. For Crystal, her hair will probably stay the same (I mean, look at Red's hair, that's a pretty original 'do) and as for the clothes, I think the bow should be taken off the hat. Crystal's not that girly.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I dont think its Crystal to be honest. I think that in the manga, Crys is getting a little sister. That seems reasonable.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • sirboulevard said:
    My only complaint is that they're not wearing RL-style clothes.

What do you mean by RL-style?

I think that in the manga, Crys is getting a little sister. That seems reasonable.

That sounds like a good idea. Anything like that and we don't have to boil over this change. Let it be a friendly addition to the cast.

I do like the design change, not the same gold, white, red, black both characters shared. The collars seem to be the similarity for this region, as well as the shorts, shoes, just like how it was the scarf for Sinnoh and the headband/bandanna and gloves in Hoenn. I see Gold has the backpack similar to Ruby's.

Before this gets any worse, people need to calm down and not panic. This is not a replacement of Crystal. She will be there. I don't think this is Crystal, but no confirmations, right? There's a certain notion going around that the beta name for the girl in the games is "Soul", just like how "Leaf" was for the Japanese game's Blue.

I was initally dissappointed in this change, but now I'm not bothered with it. I question now the manga, would this be a new girl entirely? I cannot possibly see a total change for Crys. I still think it's a brand new girl.

Nothing to get angry over. Crystal will not disappear. We have a new 'Dex holder, perhaps. Shipping-wise I don't know what that would do to Gold.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • What do you mean by RL-style?
    I was refering to the Shorts. I have never seen anyone wear shorts in real life (hence RL) that are tied off at the bottom. I like his new sweatshirt, very fitting. But... I dont like the new body-type they gave him. Gold has gone from being athletic and strong lokoing to a thin weakly looking kid (oh gawd that Wally-ized him! JK Hahaha) but srsly, heres a comparison I made:

Also.. GOLDs NO LONGER A LEFTY! -gasp- Im right handed and I dont mind, but still... thats a character thing. Also, why are the recent character wearing slip on shoes? Has the world forgetten how to tie shoes? -facepalm- Im not ranting... jsut being overly fanboyish and protective of my favorite character. I would prefer seeing him stay more similiar, but I will support gold however he may be.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I find Gold's new clothing to be pretty nice. (I like the Ultra Ball colored hat the most. ) >> That and the fact that they're keeping the Pokegear makes me happy (pokegear > poketch kthnxbai).

As for the girl...

I think I may play as a Boy in my game. D: Maybe. I'll have to see how much I like her by the time the game comes out.

As for what Sir said about the Pants. ... Well... at least I won't have to worry about getting dirt or anything up then anymore? :D -shot. just... so shot.-

It's going to take me a while to get used to the girl's design. x_o;;; I honestly hoped a redo for Crystal, not a whole new female popping out of nowhere. BAD GAMEFREAK. BAD. : (

Also, for the drawing? I think how 'skinny' Gold looks had something to do with the style of drawing it is. I mean.. if I drew Gold? He would look chibi-like... and be possibly skinny. :/ I'm sure he'll look the same in PokeSpe, but a little older and in those clothing.

As for Crystal... -clings to her girl- WE'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU CRYS. WE ALWAYS WIIIILLL.

Edit: Alright... I may sound silly and everything... but I kind of think there is a chance that it could be Crystal. Explination? Okay.
    So... we all say that Crystal's hair in the Manga is blue, yes? Weeeeelll, officially, I think they didn't make it Blue, but black/brown.

"Whut", you say?

Well, see this image of her in her labcoat from the R/S/E Arc
    Spoiler:

Yep. Hair looks Black/Brown.

So... Yeah.. That could be a redo of Crystal, and they decided to change the hair color to match the Manga's. Or it a new character entirely.

Last edited:

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLKrlnfUUyY

For PreciousMetal shippers.

You know, I wonder what realistically would happen if Yellow and Lance would meet again...

8D I love this. :3

I find Gold's new clothing to be pretty nice. (I like the Ultra Ball colored hat the most. ) >> That and the fact that they're keeping the Pokegear makes me happy (pokegear > poketch kthnxbai).

As for the girl...

I think I may play as a Boy in my game. D:

As for what Sir said about the Pants. ... Well... at least I won't have to worry about getting dirt or anything up then anymore? :D -shot. just... so shot.-

It's going to take me a while to get used to the girl's design. x_o;;; I honestly hoped a redo for Crystal, not a whole new female popping out of nowhere. BAD GAMEFREAK. BAD. : (

Also, for the drawing? I think how 'skinny' Gold looks had something to do with the style of drawing it is. I mean.. if I drew Gold? He would look chibi-like... and be possibly skinny. :/ I'm sure he'll look the same in PokeSpe, but a little older and in those clothing.

As for Crystal... -clings to her girl- WE'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU CRYS. WE ALWAYS WIIIILLL.

Hm, *is to lazy to quote about how everyone is confused/sad/angry about whoever this new girl is.

I'm okay with it actually.
    I still have no explination about this new character, but Coronis does.
    Click here to read

From Coronis on Serebii. net:

Crys's hair has actually never been consistent since her debut in the manga, as you can check in Netkun's gallery page. In the early days, her hair was brown to start with, and became dark blue when Vol. 10's cover was first published. However, her hair was brown again in Vol. 11. The subsequent volumes showed her with dark blue hair, and so did the Emerald series 10-DexHolder art and the series logo on the Netkun site. However, on Vol. 27's cover, her hair was brown once again.

I guess the writers may just make her hair brown officially from now on then, and alter her hairstyle slightly like they did with Blue when they try to fit her to match the FRLG heroine.

I think he's right.
    8O

All I know is this:
    Game Freak, the manga writers, and the Pokemon company are a bit indecisive. >.>; (as evident)

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • o lord is everyone in the club mad for nothing is great that they still have good ideas on clothing there will be no new dex holder until 5th Gen so why keep conplaning and i'm suppose to be the inmaturre one

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    -nods- Yep, Chamo. What Coronis on Serebii.net is right. I kind of take back what what I said earlier about the new girl. xD; And... yeah. Edited some stuff in, but you were typing a reply when I did.

So... I may give her a chance, considering that this could possibly be Crystal, and as I said before, the creators giving her what Crystal's hair color is supposedly is in the Manga instead of what they gave Crystal in the last game.

We're not being immature, RedKing. We're just... a bit surprised and giving out opinions in a 'WHY DID THEY CHANGE HER' way. Though it can possibly still be Crystal. We just know CrysCrys as one with Blue hair, so out first assumption was NOOO. IT'S A NEW PERSON. D: WE WANT CRYSTAAAAAL.

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • nah is Crys in the manga they didn't in any volumen say that she had blue hair you only though that because of the game and anime so theres no way theres a new character in a remake if you want a new dex holder or a minor character like Wally wait until 5th Gen.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2018
    I actually don't mind the new designs, remember that the manga artist's drawing style will still be the same, so they'll probably look more like their original selves there. Also, in FRLG "Red's" hair is brown, but it was left black in the manga, I think they'll probably do the same for Crys. I don't think this is going to be a new person.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    nah is Crys in the manga they didn't in any volumen say that she had blue hair you only though that because of the game and anime so theres no way theres a new character in a remake if you want a new dex holder or a minor character like Wally wait until 5th Gen.
    Err... o__o;;; I think.. you're just repeating what I just said, that it could be Manga!Crystal in a way with a new makeover (a big makeover), and that the reason why we thought it was blue because of the Games (which is what I said.) And so unless we want a new pokedex holder or something, wait until fifth gen.

... Well...

I don't think any of us said anything about us wanting a new character. Only that since the female looks so different from the Crystal we know, it possibly could be a new character.

But.. yeah.. half of what you said is repeating what I said. o__o; What you didn't repeat was the last sentence.

I actually don't mind the new designs, remember that the manga artist's drawing style will still be the same, so they'll probably look more like their original selves there. Also, in FRLG "Red's" hair is brown, but it was left black in the manga, I think they'll probably do the same for Crys. I don't think this is going to be a new person.

-nod- I think I just put first impressions on the female. xD;; Whoops. Yeeeah, definitely giving her a chance now that I've calmed down a bit. And yeah, about the hair color. (In fact, I just told my friend that on AIM. Heehee. )

Yeah... it really can by Crystal. We'll just have to wait and see, ne?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back