• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Starterkit (Rmxp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Blizzy. You know the message box during the battle that appears like when someone talks or something like that. How do I change it it to a pic I want. I have another message box I'd perfer since it goes with my battle system. How do I put in mine?

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Well, if you want to make the person talk, why not right before the text change the windowskin then change it back after the battle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Um. Thats not what I mean. Ther eis a text box in the battles and I want to use my own. I already have the window skin and it doesn't change the message box in the battle. It is something else I need to change. How do I do this?

Scompi

I have pictures of the bag i will attach them!

Sorry i got a lil excited because i wanted a bag script, what do you need resized? cause i have a lot of resources!

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
    sobeman459 said:
    those to fit this screen if you can send those i post it item balls and keyitems
    well, there's an easier way:
    Code:
    @picture.zoom_x = (Screen_Width / Current_Picture_Width) * 1.3334
    @picture.zoom_y = (Screen_Height / Current_Picture_Height)
    i tested it, and my picture's for the bag are straight ripped from the gba rom

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    I fixed my problem but what I though would go away didn't. You know how the text fades in during a battle. How do I take out the fading in. It makes my battles lag so much Blizzy. Please tell me how to fix this. I just want it to be straight and not fading in. I just want it to be there right away, like when you talk to a person. How do I fix this?

Blizzy

Years
    dan48 said:
    I fixed my problem but what I though would go away didn't. You know how the text fades in during a battle. How do I take out the fading in. It makes my battles lag so much Blizzy. Please tell me how to fix this. I just want it to be straight and not fading in. I just want it to be there right away, like when you talk to a person. How do I fix this?
    well, it's not the fading that lags.
    there are other things that can produce lag.
    but you can change fading in and out by changing this:
    (it can be found near the bottom of Window_Message)
    Code:
        if @fade_in
          self.contents_opacity += 24
    to
    Code:
        if @fade_in
          self.contents_opacity = 255

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    Has anyone done something like this with RM2k3 or could be made for RM2k3?? Thats all I have right now and don't know where/how I could get XP right now since I haven't messed with my RPG stuff since before XP was being used alot.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    This is really good! This actually makes my game idea possible...

Still, it's not complete as I saw, but I didn't expect it to be complete anyways. But will this be completed in the first place? Like Pokedex, Gear (not that important, now is it? ;) ), perfect working Battle System (with catching) and that kind of stuff?

I give this a 5/5, it's great, really.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2005
    Can someone tell me how to remove the menu (so I can work off the default one ) ?

Blizzy

Years
    Setreal said:
    Can someone tell me how to remove the menu (so I can work off the default one ) ?
    i'd say delete the script Scene_Menu
    and copy and paste the Scene_Menu from a new project into it

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Blizzy. You probably know how to do this. I need two questions answered. How do I make it so that the pokemon dont fade in. The enemy pokemon. And also how do I like put a person blocking a road and the only way to get through is by having a badge or something. I dont know how to do this.

Edit#

Also. Everytime I do a battle I can run away. How do I make it so that you cant run away from battles. I only want that for wild pokemon. How do I fix this?

Years

Hey "Blizzy", good to see your kit comming along nicely :)
    dan48, I can't help noticing that you're asking a lot of questions that could be easily avoided by looking at scripts and reading comments. If you look in the tcard script, you will notice some info on badges, there is a demo of how to use them in events included in the starterkit.
    If you are still unsure then just add something like
    $game_variables[1] = 1
    when you have the player get the badge, then you can use preconditions to make his charset blank and phasing.
    You could probably use a switch if you did it in an event.

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
    Years
    dan48 said:
    how do I like put a person blocking a road and the only way to get through is by having a badge or something. I dont know how to do this.
    Thats simple.. but each badge as a switch and then when you beat the gym leader who gives u the badger.. turn on the switch and make it so the trainer leaves/or moves after the switch is activated..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back