• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    -.-'
    This is an kit to make rpg styled Pokémon games, if you want card games in it, you'll have to script that yourself.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • i mean a card game in the rpg game...
    so you can collect cards after you finish the main story...
    you know its boring to battle the same way all the time like in the other pokemon games...
    this option would give more possibilities...
    just my thought...

I'm pretty sure if people would want it in their game they can be quite capable to learn how to code and get it in.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2016
    Yes, to get more features you'll have to pay a few bucks, I believe.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not legal, since they're premium features for developing games based on a brand crazyninjaguy doesn't own.

I don't know for sure but the fact that you're charging money for extra features on a fan made project sounds like it would raise some flags.

the__end

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    yeah if i could script i would not ask =D
    and i didnt said it MUST be inserted i said it could be a good option after he had finished all the other stuff...
    im sure there are alot of people who are interested in card games...
    if you are not you can just disable the function...

and if he want to get some money for his work he can make a donation area...
    im sure its illegal to "sell" it if it is named something with "pokemon" or if there are other names related to it...

Years
  • Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not legal, since they're premium features for developing games based on a brand crazyninjaguy doesn't own.

I don't know for sure but the fact that you're charging money for extra features on a fan made project sounds like it would raise some flags.

I have explained this multiple times in this thread.
    I'm not selling the name Pokemon, it's graphics or music.
    All that i ask for me scripting these extra original features is a small 'donation' if you will for my time and effort. In return you get all these extra features.

yeah if i could script i would not ask =D
    and i didnt said it MUST be inserted i said it could be a good option after he had finished all the other stuff...
    im sure there are alot of people who are interested in card games...
    if you are not you can just disable the function...

and if he want to get some money for his work he can make a donation area...
    im sure its illegal to "sell" it if it is named something with "pokemon" or if there are other names related to it...

Maybe i'll add a card game as a premium feature :)

Second point, read the above.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not legal, since they're premium features for developing games based on a brand crazyninjaguy doesn't own.

Sure he's been going on about that for along time now :P.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2016
    I have explained this multiple times in this thread.
    I'm not selling the name Pokemon, it's graphics or music.
    All that i ask for me scripting these extra original features is a small 'donation' if you will for my time and effort. In return you get all these extra features.
    That emphasis wasn't necessary. I've read your posts. I understood already what you repeated in this post.

I'm still not sure it's entirely legal. Which is what I was trying to point out. I wasn't yelling at you to stop, but Nintendo isn't the most generous with their franchises in my experience and this is something you should be careful with.

Nevertheless, good luck with your project, and I am looking forward to the project's release, in addition to the release of it's "Premium Features".

Are we going to have to pay for the best features of the kit?
    Well, all the extra features yes. Like banking, clothes changing etc. All the popular features.
    It's not very expensive though.
    Also, paying cash in exchange for features is not donating. Donating is generally when you give and expect nothing in return. Once they expect something in return, it becomes an exchange of products or services, and NOT a donation.

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • That emphasis wasn't necessary. I've read your posts. I understood already what you repeated in this post.

I'm still not sure it's entirely legal. Which is what I was trying to point out. I wasn't yelling at you to stop, but Nintendo isn't the most generous with their franchises in my experience and this is something you should be careful with.

Nevertheless, good luck with your project, and I am looking forward to the project's release, in addition to the release of it's "Premium Features".

Nintendo could care less if he's selling scripts he wrote in RMXP.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2016
    Nintendo could care less if he's selling scripts he wrote in RMXP.

If he was just writing scripts for rmxp? Sure.

If he's writing scripts that work exclusively with a kit focused on one of their brands? Then you may be crossing a line.

I really don't want to get into an argument over this.

Years
  • To be honest, i'm not sure that Nintendo or Game Freak are going to mind if i'm selling scripts of features that aren't in their games.

I think they'd only get involved if i was say, selling their sprites and music.
    Even if i was selling the battle scripts and menu scripts, they probably wouldn't get into a legal battle over it as i've created it myself with none of their input, except of course the inspiration.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2016
    To be honest, i'm not sure that Nintendo or Game Freak are going to mind if i'm selling scripts of features that aren't in their games.

I think they'd only get involved if i was say, selling their sprites and music.
    Even if i was selling the battle scripts and menu scripts, they probably wouldn't get into a legal battle over it as i've created it myself with none of their input, except of course the inspiration.

Alright, I'll drop it here, I'm just saying I'd be careful about it.

You're name seems really, really familiar. Do I know you from a pokemon adoptable site?

the__end

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Maybe i'll add a card game as a premium feature :)

Second point, read the above.

thx for the answer...
    and why do you not do the donation like PWO (pokemon world online)
    if someone donate you he/she get acces to the "premium features"...
    and dont use words like buy or sell...
    just say if they donate they get special options (thanking for the donation =D)
    im sure if you do it like that noone can say that you "sell" something...

Years
  • Alright, i've been thinking about this for a while now.
    Thanks for everyone's support and everything, but i think it's time for me to leave PokeCommunity, who knows, maybe for good.

I'm not posting this in the Introductions/Farewells forum as this concerns the kit.
    I will still be making and updating it, but it'll be concentrated to my site (Link in sig).
    So if you wish to receive future updates and releases, i suggest you come visit.

So yeah, i probably won't be back at all, just letting you all know :D

As a parting gift, here's a small video of animating sprites in battle.
    Battle mechanics are currently being rescripted.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Wow, I didn't expect to see you leaving.
    Is all your activity on this site related to the kit? I mean, there are plenty of other fun thing to this site, aren't there?
    I wish you good luck with with the kit man, I'll check for any updates.

btw. thanks for your reply in my games' thread.

Years
  • Last post on PokeCommunity!
    Yes, there's more than just kit updates on there.

I figured i'd go out with a bang, so here's the battle system finished for today!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Hmm...from what I can tell, you're using frames of sprites instead of .gifs, and I personally think that if you'd import gifs their animation would be alot smoother (not to mention the work it would cut you :P). So far I like it, you've kept it true to what it should be. Looking forward to progress.

Years
  • I wouldn't worry gamefreak wouldn't have a clue about this site, so they most likely wont find out about your program anyway, nor would they really care, unless it become very very well known.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    dont know if this is the right place to say this but eggs seamto be broken (tried having an event give me a togapi egg and the game crashes

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back