• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I personally am not too crazy about EV/IV/etc. (makes things too complicated and takes away from quality of the game, like storyline). I don't like Mode 7 either. However, I must say everything else about your starter kit is quite impressive. You can let me know if you need a writer/editor (perfect grammar skills in American English), or a translator (fluent in French).

I prefer you contact me by email because I rarely come on this site anymore. [email protected]

By the way, there is one small feature that you might be interested in. Has it ever bothered you that you have to go from 4th generation Happiny to 1st generation Chansey to 2nd generation Blissey? Would you like a Pokédex order by evolutionary families instead of by the generational numbers?
    Neo Mode 7, is optional. You decided whether you use it or not.
    And as he said he'll try to make it as close as B/W so probably just exact same pokedex order as B/W.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Neo Mode 7, is optional. You decided whether you use it or not.
    And as he said he'll try to make it as close as B/W so probably just exact same pokedex order as B/W.

1. Yes, I know what Mode 7 is. I would just hate it to be used in this starter kit, because I personally think it will look like crap based on my previous experience.
    1. The Pokédex in B/W has none of the previous generation's Pokémon, unless you're talking about the National Dex. Either way, I was pointing out one critical flaw in using the National Dex, and I actually have a solution to it.

yes i would like to help also, im good at alot, please let me help i can do gfx really well, in fact im a mod in a pokemon mmo :D called pdoa!

What kind of graphics do you do?

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    1. Yes, I know what Mode 7 is. I would just hate it to be used in this starter kit, because I personally think it will look like crap based on my previous experience.
    1. The Pokédex in B/W has none of the previous generation's Pokémon, unless you're talking about the National Dex. Either way, I was pointing out one critical flaw in using the National Dex, and I actually have a solution to it.
    It won't look like crap as long so you don't use it or use it in a bad way. Maybe there are other people we would like new options, thus Neo Mode 7.
    For the pokedex, it'll be the national dex.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • It won't look like crap as long so you don't use it or use it in a bad way. Maybe there are other people we would like new options, thus Neo Mode 7.
    For the pokedex, it'll be the national dex.

-I know, and I still don't like the idea.
    -Are you sure you should be speaking about what he wants? I mean, it's his starter kit and I'm offering him my opinion and some suggestions, but you're making assumptions on how he would answer me.

Years
  • Seeing as it's being made to imitate Black/White, yes the Pokedex will be National. Thanks for your suggestion, but i think it's better suited to individual games, rather than having it set for everyone.

As for Neo Mode 07, if you don't like it, don't use it. That's why it's an option :)

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    -I know, and I still don't like the idea.
    -Are you sure you should be speaking about what he wants? I mean, it's his starter kit and I'm offering him my opinion and some suggestions, but you're making assumptions on how he would answer me.
    I'm sure I'm speaking what he wants as you can see in the post above this one.
    He's a friend of mine, and we regularly talk about the kit and stuff. I'm not making any assumptions.

Years
  • Exciting news!
    Check this out!
    I know the moves aren't the right ones for the Pokemon that are battling, these are my test moves.
    I'll be adding the others later.

Spoiler:

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Do the effects of the moves occur? Does absorb actually heal your damage? Does the type of attacks have an effect yet?

Still, really great job!

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Dude, this is awesome can wait until first release!

You mean second release, there already was a first release just the same people who pestered for one to come out are the ones who didn't even notice or pay attention long enough to even notice a first release before it was taken down. :P

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • You mean second release, there already was a first release just the same people who pestered for one to come out are the ones who didn't even notice or pay attention long enough to even notice a first release before it was taken down. :P
    I am eagerly awaiting a sixth release! I''m so hyped for number 6!

the__end

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    i had an idea =D
    how about a trading card game where you can add your own cards to play with them?
    it should be something like the original pokemon TCG or maybe something like urban-rivals (urban-rivals.com)
    this option would made your kit more special then it is right now... =D

sry for bad english >.<

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    You really shouldn't post anything like that here, it's a Pokémon rpg game, not an card game.

the__end

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    i mean a card game in the rpg game...
    so you can collect cards after you finish the main story...
    you know its boring to battle the same way all the time like in the other pokemon games...
    this option would give more possibilities...
    just my thought...

Years
  • i mean a card game in the rpg game...
    so you can collect cards after you finish the main story...
    you know its boring to battle the same way all the time like in the other pokemon games...
    this option would give more possibilities...
    just my thought...

Not a bad idea. Everybody want new thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back