• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makerash

You Never Gonna Be Alone...
Years
  • CNG, When it is ready to use?

I´m waiting it for make my Game

Good Bye and Good Luck

Years
  • *facepalm*

The post above yours says please don't ask questions that have already been asked, and that one has been asked more than any.

1) It'll be ready for release when i feel it's useable.
    2) Don't wait for this before making your game, you could be waiting longer than you think.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • What an idiot is all I can say.

Hey, no need to come here and flame others dude. It is one thing to remind someone and be a little harsh but it is another to come in here and dedicate a post calling them names like a child.

Any plans on adding a following tid bit?

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Hey, no need to come here and flame others dude. It is one thing to remind someone and be a little harsh but it is another to come in here and dedicate a post calling them names like a child.

Any plans on adding a following tid bit?

Unfortunately when I'm annoyed I say rather stupid things but yeah. It does seem a bit idiotic to say something with a post just above them. And I apologise to Makerash.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
  • Hmm, interesting. You're charging people money for a piece of software relating to Pokémon (even if it's just the online part of it), and you're not Nintendo. Not to mention you're not really "giving it away" if you're just selling it for half price, but that's not quite as important.

I'd rethink your marketing, promptly, if I was you.

Years
  • I'm not selling the name Pokemon, the graphics, the music or anything that nintendo has made. Just the scripts and the time taken to create these online functions.
    Just a quick heads up, the 5 premium accounts are free now!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I'm not selling the name Pokemon, the graphics, the music or anything that nintendo has made. Just the scripts and the time taken to create these online functions.
    Just a quick heads up, the 5 premium accounts are free now!

So you are just selling the online functions? If the starter kit as a whole is sold then you are infringing on DMCA. You have implied that you are using B/W graphics so I am assuming the only thing that is not free is the online capabilities.

Years
  • I should probably make this a bit clearer.

The free version of the kit will have everything you need to create your own pokemon game. But if you want that extra flair of having online features, then i ask for a small payment, nothing too big.

The sale of the online features goes towards helping my site grow amongst other things, but i am not selling anything that Nintendo, Game Freak or any other company has made. That comes with the free version. I am only selling the material that i have created myself and that is an online feature.

I hope that clears this up.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I should probably make this a bit clearer.

The free version of the kit will have everything you need to create your own pokemon game. But if you want that extra flair of having online features, then i ask for a small payment, nothing too big.

The sale of the online features goes towards helping my site grow amongst other things, but i am not selling anything that Nintendo, Game Freak or any other company has made. That comes with the free version. I am only selling the material that i have created myself and that is an online feature.

I am curious how the online function is going to work if it is tied to an account. If the developer purchases an account with online function, how does is it work for players after the game is released?

Years
  • The kit checks for an entry in a sql database hosted on my site, and checks it against that.
    Of course there will always be pirates, but i'll be trying my hardest to eliminate this.

Just a quick reminder, there are still 3 free premium accounts left!
    Absolutely freeee! :D

link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
    Years
  • Nice, the online feature like you said will get pirated by some 12 year old kid with no life, also I want free premium

roxaspwner

Pokemon Orange Isles Leader
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2016
    I should probably make this a bit clearer.

Is the Mystery Gift included in the "Online Features"? Since that's an online thing, but you never specified.

eheh.

Years
  • Yeah, mystery gift counts as an online feature :)

As well as the online features, i'll be putting in various other features for the premium users including banking systems, changing clothes systems and others.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Seems nice CNG so far XD. Can't wait to see the second test. (Posted as you asked lol)

Years
    Here's an update, the Trainer card!
    Not completely finished, but it's almost there:

Spoiler:

Font is also being changed thanks to Spaceemotion.

Another quick announcement, i've been talking about my kit in my most recent podcast, so if you want to hear more about that head on over to -URL REMOVED-

Also, the site for the Kit is now live thanks to my friend Locotes! You can find it here: -URL REMOVED-
    And you'll also find the link to the kit forums there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back