• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Changelog said:
    =================================================
    Version 0.1.1_3

Notes:

- Just a small updater update to speed it up.

Changes:

- Sped up updater.
    - Changed the way in which the updater handles server checking.

Really tired right now so it's not a big update :(

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Can u send me the link for the starter kit?

Just go to planetdev... It's such a simple task xD.
    Can't post the link though.
    I'll tell you on the chat box where it is.
    hhsthLbghAhytrZbrfYhtrGnhtyrdInfnTnhg

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Just updated to the latest version; I'm liking the updater more and more. :)

The battle system seems pretty good. The only two things I've noticed is that...
    • HP bars don't animate down like the normal games, they just instantly change (or maybe they do animate, but the animation is way too fast).
    • The normal map BGM doesn't play after finishing a battle.

Keep up the good work, though! How many statistical features have you implemented? That is, have you coded in equations for Poké Balls, moves, etc. ?

Years
  • Yeah the HP bars were just a quick whip-up i did to test battle mechanics, i'll animate them soon.

As for the map music, i'll fix that soon too :3

PokeBall equations and stuff aren't implemented yet no, stuff i have got is EXP calculation, stat calculation and uhm, damage calculation. Hopefully more very soon!

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2014
    cant wait to try it man.
    i know everyone is aking it, but do you have any idea of when its gonna be ready?
    The premium version too.
    thanks

Years
  • Well i can't put a date on when it'll be finally finished obviously, but there is already a release with a number of updates after that.

As for the premium version, that'll be released to Premium members along with version 1.0.0 (Stable)

I can't give the link out because i'd be linking to my forum, which is apparently ok to do in my signature, but not in a post. Go figure.
    If you google PlanetDev, it'll be the first or second link.
    Hint, Planetdev.net is my old domain, so it's not that one.

You can find a download link on there.

Years
  • A lot of people are having trouble with evolution. Reason, not done yet :3
    It was, but i didn't like it, so i'm doing it again.

Tile elevations are easy, you just need to set their terrain tag to 2. They'll then appear upright in game.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Well, all the extra features yes. Like banking, clothes changing etc. All the popular features. It's not very expensive though.
    Lol, IMO those popular features should be free. I know that they'll increase sales but they'll increase piracy too.

Crazyninjaguy said:
    Of course there will always be pirates, but i'll be trying my hardest to eliminate this.
    Sadly pirates will always win at the end. Remember the rule 64: It will be cracked and pirated, no exceptions.

I have one question: Will it work under WINE like Essentials?

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • Lol, IMO those popular features should be free. I know that they'll increase sales but they'll increase piracy too.

If you want the features, buy them, simple.
    CNG can do as he wishes, but tbh, I doubt anyone will pirate this.

carmaniac

Years
  • Lol, IMO those popular features should be free. I know that they'll increase sales but they'll increase piracy too.

Sadly pirates will always win at the end. Remember the rule 64: It will be cracked and pirated, no exceptions.

I have one question: Will it work under WINE like Essentials?

You have to actually have an account in-order to get the kit. :P Besides he's kinda going to know if people don't have an paid account for the custom features when he spots the person using it xD. So with pirates comes the busters.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    You have to actually have an account in-order to get the kit. :P Besides he's kinda going to know if people don't have an paid account for the custom features when he spots the person using it xD. So with pirates comes the busters.

Lol, it's a joke to have to pay for these features imo. When he spot's them what can he do about it? Nothing really, which sucks. :/

It's not like anyone will take someone "stealing" some scripts from a game maker seriously.

Years
  • Well thanks for your view, but it is my time i'm putting into this, and everything you need is free.

So stealing scripts from someone is nowhere near as serious as stealing graphics? Good logic. People go crazy if graphics are stolen.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • So stealing scripts from someone is nowhere near as serious as stealing graphics?
    IMO yes because it can be pretty hard to prove that someone used your script since there can be alternative ways to do exactly same thing. Graphics theft is pretty easy to prove compared to script theft.

Btw, you haven't answered my question in my previous post.

Last edited:

carmaniac

Years
  • IMO yes because it can be pretty hard to prove that someone used your script since there can be alternative ways to do exactly same thing. Graphics theft is pretty easy to prove compared to script theft.

Btw, you haven't answered my question in my previous post.

I suppose it could work if you can get rpg maker to work on it then you should be able to get the kit working.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    Hmm, seems I can't leave the bag screen, I get a blank popup that says 460, then it just chills in the bag screen.

Years
  • Bag isn't finished yet :)

EDIT:

ChangeLog said:
    Version 0.1.1_4

Notes:

- Just a small updater update to incorporate tools.

Changes:

- Changed Updater Music, it's just nice.
    - Allowed the updater to download tools, more information in threads.
    - If Tools/ and Data/Configuration folders are not present, makes them.

Ok, the tools.
    As the Kit doesn't have an Editor like Pokemon Essentials, i asked Yatagarasu to make some tools for it, the end result is brilliant. With this tool you can create new pokemon, and edit existing ones.

Screenshot:

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back