• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Starters.

What is the best starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1) Whats your all time favourite starter?

/cries
I just can't pick. Chikorita, probably, though. She's absolutely adorable and will always be one of my favorite grass types. But I also adore Bulbasaur, Chespin, Snivy, Cyndaquil, and Totodile so much.

2) Favourite Generation Starters?

Gen 2 without a doubt. It's the only generation where I actually like all the starters and their evolved forms.

3) Favourite Water Type, Fire Type and Grass Type Starter out of all the generations?

Grass: Chikorita or Chespin
Fire: Cyndaquil
Water: Totodile

4) Top Five starters from all generations? (Doesn't have to be in a specific order)

Lesse! I'd say Chikorita, Chespin, Snivy, Totodile, and Squirtle/Cyndaquil in that order.

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • Age 29
    • they/them
    • Maine
    • Seen Sep 2, 2022
    I'd have to go with Totodile, since he was my first ever Pokemon.
    Generation III, with VI close behind. They're the only two generations I've used all starters and enjoyed them.
    3) Favourite Water Type, Fire Type and Grass Type Starter out of all the generations?
    Totodile, Cyndaquil and Chespin.
    4) Top Five starters from all generations? (Doesn't have to be in a specific order)
    Totodile, Chespin, Mudkip, Cyndaquil & Chimchar.

Years
    Whats your all time favourite starter?
    Oshawott definitely. I fell in love with the lil' samurai otter after his cute face won me over when I watched the BW series of the anime. The whole evolution line in general looks pretty cool in that they use shells as weapons.

Favourite Generation Starters?
    A three-way tie between 3rd, 5th and 6th Gen. Those respective trios had me like all three members of the bunch.

Favourite Water Type, Fire Type and Grass Type Starter out of all the generations?
    Grass: Snivy (with Treecko close behind)
    Fire: Fennekin (Chimchar and Torchic come close)
    Water: Oshawott (also like Mudkip, Froakie and Piplup)

Top Five starters from all generations? (Doesn't have to be in a specific order)
    Oshawott, Froakie, Treecko, Mudkip, Torchic

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Turtwig, Torterra is king!
    1. Charmander, 2: Tie, Cydaquil in GSC, but Totodile in HG/SS, 3: Torchic, 4: TURTWIG!, 5: Snivy,
    Totodile, Charizard, Turtwig
    Turtwig, Charmander, Totodile, Snivy, Piplup

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I'd say cyndaquil because i really bonded with it in heartgold (walking pokemon is the ♥♥♥♥!!)

I'd say gen 4 because they have the coolest final evos and i liked all the first stage designs too.

Water- Mudkip; easily the most reliable pokemon i ever had (swampert that is) if i ever struggled in battle swampert was like "i got this, bro"

Fire- Cyndaquil for the reason stated above

Grass- Turtwig because i really like torterra's design and it is, to me, the best grass type ever.

Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Chimchar, Piplup , Turtwig

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2017
    I love Cyndaquil, Fennekin and Torchic.

Well, those fire starters are something. haha

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    1) Whats your all time favourite starter? - my long time favorite has been Oshawott, not just because its the cutest starter and the fact that I love otters a lot, and Dewott is my overall #7 favorite Pokemon - it's been great Pokemon and very helpful in battle, and in many games it's also my main surfing Pokemon.

2) Favourite Generation Starters? -
    Kanto: Squirtle - not much a fan of the 3, I'd choose Squritle for the first gen
    Johto: Cyndaquil - love Quilava and Typhlosion
    Hoenn: Mudkip - not really a fan of the Hoenn starter
    Sinnoh: Chimchar - only starter I like this gen
    Unova: Oshawott - mostly for Dewott, best starter (middle evo) I ever used
    Kalos: Fennekin - never expected to love it as much as I do now, cutest fox ever

Fire: Fennekin - cute looking fire fox, love Braixen & Delphox a lot.
    Grass: Snivy - cute design, and cuter animations in Amie
    Water: Oshawott - love otters a lot! only reason I need to love them

01 - Oshawott
    02 - Fennekin
    03 - Snivy
    04 - Chimchar
    05 - Cyndquil

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
    Cyndaquil, of course.

Kanto: Charmander
    Johto: Cyndaquil
    Hoenn: Torchic (Mudkip is also great, though)
    Sinnoh: Chimchar (Same with Piplup)
    Unova: Snivy
    Kalos: Froakie

Fire - Cyndaquil
    Water - Piplup
    Grass - Snivy

1. Cyndaquil
    2. Chimchar
    3. Piplup
    4. Torchic
    5. Mudkip

Back