• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017

With the direct ending no more than about 8 minutes ago, we finally got the announcement of the new Pokemon Game. Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, hitting shelves on Holiday 2016. Many were expecting Pokemon Z or X2 and Y2 just alone sequels to Kalos, but it looks like we're getting brand new Pokemon Games this year!

What are your hopes for this new Pokemon Game! Any speculations on Pokemon or possibly what "Sun" and "Moon" represent?

Here is a Concept Art Scan!:
    Spoiler:

New Flying Type?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    *sees screenshots*

Damn the models look even more advanced... but I do hope we get a good amount of new Fairy-type moves and Pokemon, because there wasn't really enough during 6th Gen so with a new generation should come improvement. Hopefully we get more new Mega Evolutions as well!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Moaaar Screens:
    Spoiler:

The small pictures on the right really catch my attention. Possibly ride able cars?

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hoping that we see the return of character customisation and more importantly, ball seals!

I'd also like to see the introduction of more Ice and Poison types that are both visually appealing and competent.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Hoping that we see the return of character customization and more importantly, ball seals!

I'd also like to see the introduction of more Ice and Poison types that are both visually appealing and competent.

I agree, I really liked the character customization aspect of Pokemon X and Y. Hopefully that returns with additional customization choices really making it fresh. I'd really like to see some more Poison type Pokemon, I feel as if there seems to be a lack of them, poison is a really unique type, especially now that it can take on Fairies.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I kind of hope that they won't do like BW did and stick to new pokémon only. Hoping for a few new 'mons a la Kalos, but allow the old pokemon to be part of it too.

Also, kind of do hope that it'll be sort of like how BW2 was to BW ^^ maybe make the Kalos plot better by being a sequel.

Years
    I do hope trainer customization returns, because people enjoyed it a lot in XY and having it as a Kalos-only feature would make it wasted potential. I'm also hoping that if a mixed-generation regional Dex happens again, it needs to have a lot of Pokemon a la XY's Dex, therefore giving you flexible teambuilding options.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I kind of hope that they won't do like BW did and stick to new pokémon only. Hoping for a few new 'mons a la Kalos, but allow the old pokemon to be part of it too.

Also, kind of do hope that it'll be sort of like how BW2 was to BW ^^ maybe make the Kalos plot better by being a sequel.
    I think it'll be more like GS was RG, a sequel that begins in another region.

pkmin3033

I'd like to see more new Pokemon than Kalos introduced, but you know what they say about quality vs. quantity. I'd like to see some more aesthetically pleasing designs this time around...of course, that's down to pot luck and personal preference, but I can hope. More Pokemon means I have a greater chance of liking at least some of them, haha.

Additional content would be welcome. X/Y had a woefully lacking postgame, and I'd like to see some additional story content to explore after you've beaten the Elite Four this time around. Exploring another region would be great, but anything that adds life to the game after the story would be fine. ANYTHING. I'd like them to surprise me, like they did with the Delta Episode which I still haven't played through or something.

It's a long shot, but a Challenge Mode available from the offset? They racked the EXP growth rate up to 11 in the Gen VI titles...how about letting us pick our own pace? Please?

Also. Gotta catch 'em all. ALL. For crying out loud, let me catch everything between the two versions! PLEASE! You can do it with the Mystery Dungeon games, so do it with these! PLEASE! I'll never say a mean word about Pokemon again if I can just fully complete one of the games! You've had your fun, it's been twenty years, it's time to let us catch 'em all!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I want them to blow me away. Make me want to play this game over and over and over again, make me want to keep playing this game till the end of time! Craft us the best damn story the series has ever seen, give us so much post-game content I will drown in it, make some of the coolest 'mons the series has ever seen! Try to replace Gen V as my favorite generation Game Freak, I dare you! These are the games for your series's 20th anniversary, now more than ever is the time to pull out all the stops and show us what you can do! The franchise needs it.

GAME FREAK TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION PLEASE

Years
    I'm hoping that they'll reconsider having DLC. If they don't want to have paid DLC it's fine, they can have free DLC (like a battle facility for those of us who want one, and I wouldn't mind having for free at all xD).

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Know what I hope to see? An improvement graphically and visually of the game world/Pokemon/etc. Lemme explain.

Graphically I see the transition from X&Y -> ORAS -> S&M in the same way like D&P -> Pl -> HGSS, with each successive game in the 4th Gen looking better visually and graphically as the last. By that logic, Sun & Moon could look even more impressive than ORAS did. With that said, even adding looking touches like actual swaying grass patches, seasons (PLEASE BRING THOSE BACK GF), stuff like that. Hell, maybe we may get amiibo support for these games?

As for the overworld character models...I liked them. If Game Freak can round out the models akin to how they were in, say, Battle Revolution detail-wise I'm all for that. Also customization, please bring that back and have more option for males. And more of a variety of skin and hair models.

Mind you, I'm saying I did like the chibi-fied models; in my opinion it was a definite step up from the sprite work.

Basically I'm hoping for a more polished and vibrant looking world between a cross of Super Mystery Dungeon and ORAS.

Years
    Know what I hope to see? An improvement graphically and visually of the game world/Pokemon/etc. Lemme explain.

Graphically I see the transition from X&Y -> ORAS -> S&M in the same way like D&P -> Pl -> HGSS, with each successive game in the 4th Gen looking better visually and graphically as the last. By that logic, Sun & Moon could look even more impressive than ORAS did. With that said, even adding looking touches like actual swaying grass patches, seasons (PLEASE BRING THOSE BACK GF), stuff like that. Hell, maybe we may get amiibo support for these games?

As for the overworld character models...I liked them. If Game Freak can round out the models akin to how they were in, say, Battle Revolution detail-wise I'm all for that. Also customization, please bring that back and have more option for males. And more of a variety of skin and hair models.

Mind you, I'm saying I did like the chibi-fied models; in my opinion it was a definite step up from the sprite work.

Basically I'm hoping for a more polished and vibrant looking world between a cross of Super Mystery Dungeon and ORAS.
    I'll love for seasons to return, but what we've seen thus far is tropical looking, if the whole region is like that we might only get rainy and dry seasons.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I've noticed an odd theme going on that I wanna share:

All of these new Pokemon/Forms and the colors featured in our logos have the commonality of red and blue to indicate two separate pieces/elements. The sun's gonna have some obvious association with heat and apparently the color red. The moon has associations with the ocean and tides, as well as the color blue. Volcanion's Water/Fire with secret associations to Magearna, and Zygarde is powered by photosynthesis.

Not a coincidence. But I don't have many thoughts on what it means yet. Maybe Day and Night Forms? Obvious association with X&Y in some way?

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    I'm from the islands too, and looking at the shots we have makes me believe you're right.

Which I'm all for by the way.

And to touch on Universe's post...that's highly interesting there. Maybe Volcanion and Magearna may have some part to play in Sun and Moon. After all, the latter's appearance reminded others of Diancie, which is a Kalos Pokemon. At the same time Volcanion is as well, but for some reason I feel as though we may not get a western distribution for it in the Gen VI games, but in the Gen VII ones instead.

Years
    I've noticed an odd theme going on that I wanna share:

All of these new Pokemon/Forms and the colors featured in our logos have the commonality of red and blue to indicate two separate pieces/elements. The sun's gonna have some obvious association with heat and apparently the color red. The moon has associations with the ocean and tides, as well as the color blue. Volcanion's Water/Fire with secret associations to Magearna, and Zygarde is powered by photosynthesis.

Not a coincidence. But I don't have many thoughts on what it means yet. Maybe Day and Night Forms? Obvious association with X&Y in some way?
    I think it'll be a sequel to XY in the vein of GS to RG.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    All of these new Pokemon/Forms and the colors featured in our logos have the commonality of red and blue to indicate two separate pieces/elements.

Almost all games were Red ans blue..

1. Red and Blue --> obviously
    2. Gold and Silver --> we can extend the color gold to somewhat red and silver to somewhat blue...
    3. Ruby and Sapphire --> Red and blue
    4. Diamond and pearl --> Kinda pink-y and blue
    5. Black and white --> ... the exception
    6. Y and X --> Still red and blue

The new logo are red and blue, but that doesn't men anything for me... They can be linked, like they can be all new region.

Back