• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen today
    and adding an option to exclude requests for legendaries should make it harder for people to create these ridiculous requests.
    thats the part i'm disagreeing with. banning event onlys i can go with, but not all legends. rather then banning them it would be better to make it so you could only trade a legend for a legend

It's clearly something they can do because Pokemon Bank is able to recognize a lot of illegitimate Pokemon.

1. it only recognizes the ones that are obviously hacked. something like say a
    that was turned shiny via the black 2 shiny by marking AR code slips by easily. i know, i had one sitting in my bank on my AS that i caught & turned with my R4 on a pokemon rom just to test the filters effectiveness that served as a place holder til i released it about 4-5 hours ago after i had ~RNC~ clone the shiny
    i hatched via the masuda method on my X version

2. pokemon bank has more space such programing then the gts. it might take making the gts an application rather then an in-game feature to make that work.

also, i'm starting to think their gonna make another extension like that of the poke transporter to make it so the 3ds RBYG pokemon can be transported to SM and converted into the current stat system.
    we might just see the time capsule return as an application...

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    thats the part i'm disagreeing with. banning event onlys i can go with, but not all legends. rather then banning them it would be better to make it so you could only trade a legend for a legend

1. it only recognizes the ones that are obviously hacked. something like say a
    that was turned shiny via the black 2 shiny by marking AR code slips by easily. i know, i had one sitting in my bank on my AS that i caught & turned with my R4 on a pokemon rom just to test the filters effectiveness that served as a place holder til i released it about 4-5 hours ago after i had ~RNC~ clone the shiny
    i hatched via the masuda method on my X version

2. pokemon bank has more space such programing then the gts. it might take making the gts an application rather then an in-game feature to make that work.

also, i'm starting to think their gonna make another extension like that of the poke transporter to make it so the 3ds RBYG pokemon can be transported to SM and converted into the current stat system.
    we might just see the time capsule return as an application...
    I'm not talking about a complete ban on trading legendaries. I'm talking about about a checkbox a player can toggle on and off to exclude the people requesting the legendaries. You could still request legendaries, but if someone wants a magikarp it's pretty likely they're going to toggle that box on. Even better would be allowing players to have access to a list that they could save of Pokemon they want banned. That way it's harder for players to find a loophole.

I've heard some people use these unreasonable trades as a method of trading with themselves across different copies of the games that they own.

Years
  • We got a NA region in Unova, a Euro region in Kalos, and now we have an Oceania region in Alola. Australia is a part of Oceania so I think they shouldn't use it even next gen. I rather see a African, SA, and Mainland Asian region first to give all continents/ regions a pokéregion. For Africa I see Egypt being used. SA would be Brazil (lots of Japanese descendents, more than Hawaii), and Mainland Asia likely China or Korea.

Hawaii is more close to being part of the US which is in North America, and I don't really expect a pattern like what you brought up. Although Africa wouldn't be a bad choice for 8th Gen's region either.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen today
    I'm not talking about a complete ban on trading legendaries. I'm talking about about a checkbox a player can toggle on and off to exclude the people requesting the legendaries. You could still request legendaries, but if someone wants a magikarp it's pretty likely they're going to toggle that box on. Even better would be allowing players to have access to a list that they could save of Pokemon they want banned. That way it's harder for players to find a loophole.

I've heard some people use these unreasonable trades as a method of trading with themselves across different copies of the games that they own.
    honestly, i've done that before. only with breedjects rather then legends for the most part. its the only way to transfer items between games without help from someone else or a second game system and i really don't like bothering people with something i could just do on my own.
    it's surprising that starter breedjects can get sniped in the time it takes to exit out of one game & enter the GTS on another when your doing that but at any other time the same exact trade takes hours if not days to complete...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @The whole legendaries on GTS discussion:

I find people asking for event Pokemon in the first place annoying. That shouldn't even be an option. Like seriously people stick to what's obtainable in the games.

So if I was to change anything (I know there is a filter for it but still it's annoying to access) I'd eliminate the event Pokemon from even being searchable.

OH AND a shiny filter too would be absolutely perfect.

Dr_Ukato

He who fights for joy, Not glory.
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2017
    I really hope the next games are more "open-world" than before.
    By that I basically mean that I want to decide in what order I challenge the gyms.
    Call me stupid or boring but I have grown slightly bored of replaying the same game over and over again.
    The games would have so much more replay value if you yourself was allowed to decide your journey.
    The story could very well still work in terms of trainer levels and alike by just adding a code in the programming that changes the enemy's levels by the number of badges you currently have.
    As for the villainous team you could edit the encounters so that the final battle only happens after encountering the villains a certain number of times.
    Does anyone else think that this would be really fun? I feel like this and a difficulty setting are like the only two things the Pokémon series need right now.

Years
  • Aside from that one possible new Pokemon appearance, this trailer was just another rehash of what we already had shown.

Years
  • I was reading through and someone a month or two ago said "Why can't we bring back Team Flare or something?" And, yeah, why not? After all, we do get solar flares from the sun. They fit the game titles. I know that's not necessarily anything since Team Evil aren't required to match the game names, but, you know, they could change it up a bit this time and bring back an old team.

Years
  • I was reading through and someone a month or two ago said "Why can't we bring back Team Flare or something?" And, yeah, why not? After all, we do get solar flares from the sun. They fit the game titles. I know that's not necessarily anything since Team Evil aren't required to match the game names, but, you know, they could change it up a bit this time and bring back an old team.

There's also the possibility they could pull a Hoenn on us and have two villain teams again. Team Solar and Team Lunar seem like reasonable names when you think of that possibility.

Years
  • There's also the possibility they could pull a Hoenn on us and have two villain teams again. Team Solar and Team Lunar seem like reasonable names when you think of that possibility.
    Fans might cry foul if we have another tropical island region with two villainous teams though. I'd be down for it. Team Solar Flare and Team Moon Dust? Shadow? Halo? Eclipse? Something moon-related.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen today
    I actually wouldn't like Team Flare returning. If there's anything of X/Y that I heavily dislike, it's Team Flare. Reason being is that they are literally the cheesiest evil team to really ever been created. If you compare Team Flare to literally every and any single evil team beforehand, they don't seem...all that well fleshed out. Correct me if I'm wrong here since it's been a while since I've played my X version, but I wasn't a fan of most of the game's premise being able to stop a maniacal evil leader (Lysandre) from basically wiping out the entire Pokemon species because......reasons? Maybe it was the reasons themselves that escape me. Team Flare just lacked depth. If you're going to go superficial, at least Team Magma and Aqua somewhat got it right just by battling over territory because they feel land is more important than sea (or otherwise).

My biggest problem with Team Flare is that they just generally lacked depth as an evil team. There's not much that's memorable about them like past evil teams do, I suppose. Maybe I didn't quite understand their reasons for doing the things that they do, kind of like how you find out the reasons why Team Plasma does their things and whatnot. I'd like to see more fleshed out "evil" characters.

I don't really have an issue with old evil teams returning, but I'd rather that they would interact and present themselves in a more fluid way, if that makes sense? We've got interesting people from Team Plasma like Colress and N and Ghetsis and the Seven Sages (although they were barely relevant) and the Shadow Triad, but none of that was really prominent, if at all with Team Flare.

Maybe I'm possibly setting the bar too high, but yeah. For all the flaws that Unova had as a region, they sure got their evil teams done right, for the most part (same applies to Sinnoh). I'd like to see the same done this generation.
    the blame for team flare being like that lies with masuda straying away from the right path
    What was the inspiration for Team Flare's evil objective and the character of Lysandre?
    The idea for Lysandre came up when I was working on AZ's character settings. He's a person who thought AZ's ultimate weapon was brilliant and became obsessed with it. However, he's more obsessed with what he could do with the weapon than what the reason for its creation was originally. I wanted to express how terrifying obsession can be with this character.
    In Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, Team Plasma's philosophy had a bit more of a serious tone to it. With Team Flare, I wanted to separate them from some kind of philosophy and make them a bit more goofy and funny.
    -Afterwords – Pokémon X & Y gameinformer

Back