• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun & Moon anime announced in CoroCoro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Seems like Mallow, Lillie and Lana are all major characters, essentially being the first saga with 3 new "female companions" even if they're not traditional companions this time since its in a school setting.

Interesting of note is Lana is a water type trainer in the games, and in the first poster she was seen holding the water starter. Looks like Lana completely replaces Misty's role as the female water pokemon trainer. Mallow looks like a mix of Shauna and Cilan (with the design and the cooking), and Lillie obviously has the game related plot.

Sun/Moon will probably have no older characters appearing so I see it as a standalone series. I honestly don't even think Serena will cameo because of the art change. She'll probably be ignored like Iris was in XY.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Yeah but Delia and Mimey are family to Ash (well Delia is anyway and Mimey comes with her) so to not see them would just be weird.

Anyway, I've made up my mind about Sun Moon anime and I'm excited to see where they go after 20 years of challenge the gyms and fail the league.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    So it's essentially "Better Nerf Greninja: the Episode," with Xerosic being the twisted personification of Masashiro Sakurai. And I thought Ash being distraught may have something to do with Serena since he tells Lillie about her according to the leak.
    My thoughts exactly on Greninja!

And I heard about an anime leak like that. I think it's the one where so far all that's right is the pokemon each captain has. Could be a different leak though.

And I so over on the reborn forms, that he directly mentions Serena to Lilie in the trailer, maybe they were misinformed though. Also he gets a question about dragon types wrong, while Lilie gets it right.

I hope that it's on Alolan eggexutor as I'd be disappointed otherwise if it's a pokemon Ash knows.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hmm.

Okay, so if Ash can no longer do his evolution with Greninja, perhaps that's why he's probably going to school in Alola. I do like how that sounds, if XY is setting up things in this way, if that's how it's going to be, anyway. It does make sense now why Ash may be going to school, considering that episode title for XY139.

As for everyone in the poster being his travelling companions... that'd be interesting if it were true. Maybe it will be since the trailer didn't exactly showcase Ash travelling with anyone.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Ash talks with Lillie about Serena? Where is that leak ?:o

Don't get your hopes up too much. Don't want people to hate me for giving false hope if that leak ends up being fake :P It is still about half and half as far as right and wrong goes.

So it's essentially "Better Nerf Greninja: the Episode," with Xerosic being the twisted personification of Masashiro Sakurai. And I thought Ash being distraught may have something to do with Serena since he tells Lillie about her according to the leak.

Pretty much and yeah. That was my original thought about Serena and possibly still is if leak is real. I am just glad they are going to possibly explain why he no longer uses it again. At least it isn't being completely forgotten about like how powerful Charizard was, only to leave it again.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Can someone please post this leak? I don't care if it's real or fake, I'd just like to see it. It's like some secret club with how it's talked about here xD.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I can't seem to find it in the 4chan post. Unless it's quite literally the starter battle between Rowlet and Litten (as has been the norm for most Pokemon games these days). Then it would make sense that Ash lost.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pikachu getting ill/injured again had better be false. :| That's happened enough already, don't you think? Guess we'll see how it goes. I never believe leaks unless proven true, though.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    We're talking about this leak, which originated from 4chan.

Except Pikachu doesn't lose to a starter, because according to the leak, it remains at the hospital throughout the battle.

Ah it is this one. I'm calling fake then for these reasons:

1) We see no mention of a brother to Mallow. Although if real, then him having litten's final form would be hidden.

2)Team rocket seemingly has mimiyku, so lilie with one is unlikely.

Although pikachu injured by tapu koko would be better then a starter, and Ash probably uses his starter against hau and loses if true.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Aye. There is a lot of reasons to believe it is fake, but it still gets a few things correct, which is why I don't want to completely debunk it. It is possible that a few things are true, but some are false on purpose.

Others reasons that it could be fake are these:
    Hau and Mallow's Brother don't show up in the poster.
    Lillie has a Alolan Vulpix, at least it looks like it, and is not mentioned.
    It says Poppilio is given to Lillie, but Lana has one.
    Lana, Crispy Oak, Mimey, Ms. Ketchum, Sophocles, and Kiawe are not mentioned in the leak.

I want to get at least one more piece of new news or a trailer of the anime before I debunk it fully. Another reason I want to hold off, is because it used every single Japanese name correctly.

But if Pikachu does get hurt, it is probably because of Topu Koko or a Ultra Beast. And if he loses to Hau's Litten with a Rowlet, I wouldn't mind that either. Like I said, don't get your hopes up, but there are reasons to keep alive a little longer.

Edit: I just realized this is going to be a Shipping Fest if Lana, Lillie, and Mallow are all main characters.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Another new scan:

Spoiler:

Oh geez, it's just as I feared, Lillie's gonna be a tsundere based on one of the screenshots.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    The newest scan just makes the show look like it's going to be too silly. Hopefully looks are deceiving.

Years
  • What is up with Ash's goddamn face in those new screenshots... but hopefully Lillie will prove to be an interesting new female lead so that she can make up heavily for the lack of the SM female protagonist (aka Hilda 2.0).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind if Lillie is cold at the start, but she seems fairly nice from the trailer.

The faces are fairly common in animes. Usually popular ones. I really don't mind as long as it isn't completely silly. According to what I have seen, this saga is supposed to be 'gag heavy'. People still think it is trying to out beat Yo-Kai watch, but honestly, I don't think it is just that. A extremely large amount of anime use these types of faces.

As long as it doesn't suffer form what I hated in Yo-Kai Watch, it will be fine. If people are main character and they catch a pokemon at the very start of an episode with no explanation, similar to how Yo-Kai Watch did, I am going to be fairly upset. However, I don't think they will do that. But that is the reason I stopped watching it. He caught one of the spirit things within the first minute of an episode because it appeared in his room and then he used it later in the episode. That is what made me hate it. I just pray to Arceus that they don't do that with this.

If it has Mega Man Battle Net type storyline, I will also be fine. All I really want is character development, to me that is what makes a show.

On the bright side, Pokemon are lible to have more silly moment like Pikachu did when character were talking. We can hopefully get more emotions and Pikachu's Love for Ketchup may come back.

I really don't mind if this turns into a gag series as long as it keeps a storyline and actually makes me laugh or smile like a lot of anime I watch do.

I really don't know why people hate the facial expressions though. It shows more emotion in some ways.

And as a Japanese Person said on twitter, if it looks like crap, it usually has a great story.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • ...What's wrong with Ash looking silly? =/ And how can you tell from a screenshot that Lillie is going to be ""tsundere""? There's nothing to show yet. Looking good Sun/Moon, please bring me more soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back