• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun & Moon anime announced in CoroCoro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Again I think it is just the art work. You saw how different the art work is between Ash's first reveal and then the newest. My guess is they didn't completely have James and Jessie designed and that is early art work. It is also because we are so used to them look a specific way like Ash. That is probably also the reason they haven't been in any trailers yet. Jessie's face is the only one that looks a bit odd. James' seems normal to me. Although his hair seems longer.

Serebii says that the main characters with Ash are the 4 Trials Captains, but doesn't add Lillie. But I am pretty sure Lillie is also a main character. According to Serebii, Lillie loves pokemon, but she can't touch them for some reason. Meaning I think she is scared to touch them.

Ash is also staying with Prof. Kukui.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • And hear I thought Lillie's Pokémon phobia was some kind of hint of her being UB-01 and its unfamiliarity with Pokémon.

Years
  • So Ash is staying with Kukui? I guess his family comes to Alola for a vacation and then Ash hears about the Trainers School and the Island Challenge and gets interested into trying something new for his journey in Alola.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    The part with Execcutor smacking Ash was pretty funny. Jessie and James' faces in that picture makes them look very similar, with James looking pretty feminine.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Loving how expressive this anime seems to be so far. The trailers and the character work go far in keeping me optimistic.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I think this is what will get me back into the anime. It looks super nice. I don't like how cartoonish Ash looks though D:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think this is what will get me back into the anime. It looks super nice. I don't like how cartoonish Ash looks though D:

Yeah. I think that's the issue for most people. I have gotten used to it, but it still feels a little wrong. However, after seeing Ash for 19 years looks 1 way, with only slight changes, it is a very extreme change.

I think I am going to enjoy it a lot.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Still liking the art style. The comedy part should be a lot of fun as well. I think they'll definitely be a lot to discuss, so I can't wait.

I wonder what's with Lillie not touching Pokemon and if this happens in game. Should be interesting to see what develops from that.

WinnerTP16

The most Handsome Pokéfan!
    Years
  • Ash is preeeetty silly in S&M seasons. I don't think that is just the art style that turned him like this. :|

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well he was talking about the art style for once and not the animation... which people are still getting confused. To be honest, I don't think that guy has even watched pokemon. It was a drastic change, but far from the worst.

Not to mention he is saying the casual fans are the ones that didn't notice. But I think they noticed more.

I can't disagree with him 100%, but I do have to disagree with it being the worst, as it simply isn't.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • With the trials only being available to those who are 11, we might actually see Ash grow a year. Hehe... looks younger, but finally ages.

With the extreme lack of pokemon, for now, it is going to be hard to give all 6 characters to get a full team of pokemon. With that being said, I think Ash may catch Alolans.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    With the trials only being available to those who are 11, we might actually see Ash grow a year. Hehe... looks younger, but finally ages.

With the extreme lack of pokemon, for now, it is going to be hard to give all 6 characters to get a full team of pokemon. With that being said, I think Ash may catch Alolans.

Imagine if they use this as an excuse:

"Ash is a prodigy, so he can compete even if underaged."

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years

• Talk about way too soon...

I just look how toxic human society has become. Literally judge the first image and concept and then its the final thought until they actually see the content in truth form and realize; this is actually really good.

Seriously. Denials are coming out of the woodwork left, right, ahead, and behind everyone.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The series encorages that. It's why people usually praise the new games immediately. If people waited before deciding, it wuld harm the series.

Besides, the style of protagonist is important and will recur through a series, so it is a major thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back