• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Anime Speculation Thread

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Actually the info comes in July most of the time. The lack of info IS why I am thinking this. It seems they are hiding something to show off.
    And technically you're not wrong, because the post-credits of Movie 19 showcased a teaser of the Alola starters.

We still don't know if he did or not. There is still the chance Flare meddled with the outcome since they funded the league. Not to mention the chance of Charizard getting a possible power up from the ME Energy they gathered. Plus we have the chance that Diantha strips Alain of the title for causing harm to the city. If it was not for him the city would be fine.

I really doubt the idea that it was Team Flare who rigged the league, because I truly it was Alain's sheer brute strength that brought him victory.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Just as an FYI, Ash also wasn't even hinted to be in Best Wishes until... well, until just after Tobias beat him. In fact, the people who did the Sunday Shows even noticed the conspicuous absence of Ash in marketing materials for Best Wishes before then.

That has nothing to do with what I am saying. It is not a lack of Ash but a lack of S&M info.

And technically you're not wrong, because the post-credits of Movie 19 showcased a teaser of the Alola starters.

I really doubt the idea that it was Team Flare who rigged the league, because I truly it was Alain's sheer brute strength that brought him victory.

I'm worried that they might just go the route of anime movies only. Kinda like what Digimon is doing in Japan. Granted as soon as we get SM info that is debunked. Just find the lack of it weird when were like 9 episodes away till XYZ ends. If we still don't have anything when September is over I think that is a time to either panic or thing something truly is wrong. A possible theroy is it is the group being used they want to keep on the DL till it is time. Like if they want to do a reunion group or something for the anniversary of the anime.
    In a perfect world I would like Ash to vanish until the end of S&M where he could battle the boy with the Rockruff.

As for Alain winning on his own I would agree if things were different. Like if he had helped Flare but mega evolution EG was not involved. A lot are saying Lysandere could have did something to the key stone and stuff to adsorb the Mega Evolution and make it like a drug. Like steroids. Granted we won't know till it is all said and done. The real question is will Alain even keep the title even if he won with his own power after helping flare. I mean sure he could end up helping Ash in the end but does that still excuse the fact he was helping them? Just seems weird Diantha would support that. I'm fine with Ash losing since unlike most I feel he has grown as a trainer in leagues so him being runner up is fine I just don't want Alain to get away and the fact he helped Flare not really be addressed by Diantha.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm worried that they might just go the route of anime movies only. Kinda like what Digimon is doing in Japan. Granted as soon as we get SM info that is debunked. Just find the lack of it weird when were like 9 episodes away till XYZ ends. If we still don't have anything when September is over I think that is a time to either panic or thing something truly is wrong. A possible theroy is it is the group being used they want to keep on the DL till it is time. Like if they want to do a reunion group or something for the anniversary of the anime.
    In a perfect world I would like Ash to vanish until the end of S&M where he could battle the boy with the Rockruff.

That's not going to happen, because the concept art leak shows that Ash will still be here for the Alola saga. Thank Mallow for it to be true.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    That's not going to happen, because the concept art leak shows that Ash will still be here for the Alola saga. Thank Mallow for it to be true.

I am taking that with a grain of salt Not to mention when an admin on another forum sad it had nothing to do with the anime. At point my idea is just as possible as any but certain fans too cynical to accept it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    In my opinion Ash losing the Kalos League is enough proof that he will continue in the Anime and I don't believe that Team Flare manipulated the Finals for Alain to win.

Years
  • I'm worried that they might just go the route of anime movies only. Kinda like what Digimon is doing in Japan. Granted as soon as we get SM info that is debunked. Just find the lack of it weird when were like 9 episodes away till XYZ ends. If we still don't have anything when September is over I think that is a time to either panic or thing something truly is wrong. A possible theroy is it is the group being used they want to keep on the DL till it is time. Like if they want to do a reunion group or something for the anniversary of the anime.

Sun & Moon being a movies-only saga is something I can't stomach, because that will mean we won't have any anime to talk about for most of the time, and it will make me concerned that Ash's saga really is over, making his Kalos League loss to most a very bad send-off.

Or maybe they are trying to keep a lot of info under wraps until after the games are released. There was a BW promo poster which showed Iris and Cilan, but not Ash. It was apparently to keep his new outfit secret until after the series began.

Years
  • Honestly, I personally don't care who Ash's companions are or aren't as long as Serena is one of them. It rocked my world in X&Y when she was revealed to be his childhood friend from Prof. Oak's Pokemon Summer Camp, Which would have likely also meant that she was from Kanto Region or at least had family there. I would also like to see Brock, Misty, May, Dawn, and Iris make guest appearances, but I doubt any of that will ever happen, also Gary Oak showing up for a battle would be interesting, as would Red showing up now that Origins is finished. And of course it would simply be a dream come true if Ash could Finally find his father. Although I almost half assume that his Dad is either Giovanni or that guy from Mt. Silver from the Johto Era. Also I would like to see the other kid from Kanto who had the other Pikachu again.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Speaking of which, XYZ anime saga don't really have any returning characters yet, right? Like May appeared in Diamond Pearl Saga, Dawn appeared in Black White saga. Maybe after the Team Flare arc there'll be few filler episodes with Iris or Cilan returning?

As for Sun Moon, I don't mind who will be travelling with Ash (assuming he will go to Alola Region), I just want Pokemon Contest to return because I missed May and Dawn as Pokemon Coordinator so much! I mean I don't really like Pokemon Performer that much, it feels like the spotlight is more on the trainers than the Pokemons (and only for females only), and who dont like Pokemon Contest Battles!? I hope Sun/Moon has Pokemon Contests confirmed so that the anime department I can get some high hopes.

Years
  • Speaking of which, XYZ anime saga don't really have any returning characters yet, right? Like May appeared in Diamond Pearl Saga, Dawn appeared in Black White saga. Maybe after the Team Flare arc there'll be few filler episodes with Iris or Cilan returning?

XY has been a saga that has done little-to-nothing in terms of continuity shoutouts. The only one I remember was when Ash mentioned Dawn's Piplup, but other than that it has been a very close-minded saga so I hope Sun & Moon does have more continuity shoutouts.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    I think the Sun And Moon anime might be an improvement

The Pokemon X and Y anime in my opinion was a bit of a flop.

I'm guessing that the character development would be a bit better due to new characters being introduced and having a more developed storyline.

Meganium gif.jpe

Years
  • It's interesting you say that, because XY was kind of a hit with the Western audience but the ratings have been a flop in Japan. That's where I'm hoping Sun & Moon can win the Japanese audience back who have left Pokemon behind for its rival Yo-Kai Watch.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Honestly, I personally don't care who Ash's companions are or aren't as long as Serena is one of them. It rocked my world in X&Y when she was revealed to be his childhood friend from Prof. Oak's Pokemon Summer Camp, Which would have likely also meant that she was from Kanto Region or at least had family there. I would also like to see Brock, Misty, May, Dawn, and Iris make guest appearances, but I doubt any of that will ever happen, also Gary Oak showing up for a battle would be interesting, as would Red showing up now that Origins is finished. And of course it would simply be a dream come true if Ash could Finally find his father. Although I almost half assume that his Dad is either Giovanni or that guy from Mt. Silver from the Johto Era. Also I would like to see the other kid from Kanto who had the other Pikachu again.
    Perhaps bringing back some old characters even if just for 1 or 2 episodes could happen with the anime's 20th anniversary. What would be cool too is if they did something like Ash having a conversation with his previous selves (his previous character designs) in a dream sequence when he has a moment of self-reflection or a big decision to make.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's interesting you say that, because XY was kind of a hit with the Western audience but the ratings have been a flop in Japan. That's where I'm hoping Sun & Moon can win the Japanese audience back who have left Pokemon behind for its rival Yo-Kai Watch.

I've made a Disquis article about this, and the responses don't seem to be bothered by the rivalry, which makes me doubt that Sun & Moon will "win" the Japanese audience back, because soon these kids move on to a newer series if adults hijack the Yo-Kai Watch series.

Back