• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Anime Speculation Thread

Years
    As for the age, yes he is indeed still ten. I heard the narrator say he was still 10 at some point in the beginning of XY. And you've got a point about things changing. I just hope they're for the better.

You were correct, but it was at the start of the Unova saga and not Kalos.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Here is the question ,

--Why would Ash have fully evolve form of Litten from the the Start ? Litten seem much more marketable then its supposed evolution. If Ash has to get fully evolve Alola starter then that Rowlet seem much better and Marketable choice.

-- Where is the Male companion ? Is it going to be Just Ash and Mallow in SM Series ?

-- Where is Rotom Pokedex ? Don't tell me that Ash can not even get Rotom Pokedex.

-- Why Litten evolution concept art showing Ash ? Unless its from Anime instate of Game! Is that mean that someone from Anime leaked those evolution ?

PS : I wish for a Character like Hinagiku Katsura as Ash's love-interest who has a Lurantis.
    Just look at Lurantis , It has similar face as Greninja--
    Pokemon Sun/Moon Anime Speculation Thread

Years
    Ash is still 10 in Kalos: It was confirmed in the Hoopa movie quiz from last year, which was on the official Japanese movie site. Not that Ash aging in the next saga would change much anyway. :/

Years
    So if anyone has been paying attention to Sun & Moon leaks recently, there was new leak a couple of days ago that showed what could be the entire list of new Pokemon from 7th Gen, and it showed Pikipek's final evolution is a Grass/Flying-type.

In terms of what this could mean for Ash's team in the anime, he could probably catch Pikipek but not Rowlet or catch Rowlet but not Pikipek. We know Ash's Kalos team had huge overlaps as shown with three of his team being Flying-types and I'm sure the writers want to learn from that mistake and diversify his team further in Alola.

Ash will probably catch Litten if the leaked starter concept art was to indicate, and maybe he might catch a Popplio that doesn't evolve (likely because its final evo wouldn't suit Ash) but that raises the question: if he catches Rowlet could this mean the first time he'll break the regional bird pattern as a way to avoid overlapping of types? Or if he catches Pikipek, it could mean Rowlet may be owned by his companion instead?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    So if anyone has been paying attention to Sun & Moon leaks recently, there was new leak a couple of days ago that showed what could be the entire list of new Pokemon from 7th Gen, and it showed Pikipek's final evolution is a Grass/Flying-type.

In terms of what this could mean for Ash's team in the anime, he could probably catch Pikipek but not Rowlet or catch Rowlet but not Pikipek. We know Ash's Kalos team had huge overlaps as shown with three of his team being Flying-types and I'm sure the writers want to learn from that mistake and diversify his team further in Alola.

Ash will probably catch Litten if the leaked starter concept art was to indicate, and maybe he might catch a Popplio that doesn't evolve (likely because its final evo wouldn't suit Ash) but that raises the question: if he catches Rowlet could this mean the first time he'll break the regional bird pattern as a way to avoid overlapping of types? Or if he catches Pikipek, it could mean Rowlet may be owned by his companion instead?
    I find it extremely weird that we're gonna have two grass and flying birds, but who knows hehe

Years
    I find it extremely weird that we're gonna have two grass and flying birds, but who knows hehe

Remember that the list has not been officially confirmed at this stage, but with CoroCoro and likely more game news coming this week there is a chance the news could determine the legitimacy of the list.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Remember that the list has not been officially confirmed at this stage, but with CoroCoro and likely more game news coming this week there is a chance the news could determine the legitimacy of the list.

Hope ur right haha. I really wanna hear some news regarding new chars

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
    The list is confirmed fake!!!!! The new releases prove it! Thank you, Game Freak! Salandit being a middle-evo, HELL NO!

And on the topic on companions, I would prefer Mallow (Who is my favourite of the 4) and Hau (No reasoning at all for this one).

Starters though, Ash and Popplio seem like they would have fun together. Like Popplio is hated for being to playful and then Ash comes along and Popplio has found someone to play with. Mallow would have Rowlet as Grass is her speciality, and it could help her with her taste of food as well. Hau would have Litten, who would have the opposite personality as him (Stubborn, and doesn't listen to commands), and lights his hair on fire. Popplio will play with Litten and get it soaked, which starts a fight.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    According to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWrZifBWKBY

It has been said that someone did fan art with Ash and Serena in Alola clothing and it was force removed. According to the video, none of her other art was ever taken down, even though it was very accurate in art style, only the Alola Art was taken down.

This doesn't prove anything, but it is a bit odd. Just remember the art work is fan art, but it was taken down over all pieces of art.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

It has been said that someone did fan art with Ash and Serena in Alola clothing and it was force removed. According to the video, none of her other art was ever taken down, even though it was very accurate in art style, only the Alola Art was taken down.

This doesn't prove anything, but it is a bit odd. Just remember the art work is fan art, but it was taken down over all pieces of art.

Probably didn't want to take any chances that someone would think they were bringing Serena into Alola and get massive complaints if some idiots believed from the fan work that she was appearing when she wasn't. Serena already has a goal that makes quite explicit she's a one-off (I don't see how a "Kalos Queen" would pursue her goal in a region other than Kalos. At least the prior main leads had goals that either explicitly or implicitly required travel in regions besides their home region), and besides, if they didn't avert their tendency to replace the regional girl with the one representing the new generation via Iris in the end of Best Wishes, what makes you think they'll avert it now? And remember, these were the same writers who managed to avert the bit about Charizard leaving back for Charcific Valley after the time he's needed is over and brought him back as an Oak Pokémon, not to mention Best Wishes' tag line was that it was to be a "clean slate."

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I wonder if Pikachu is going to learn a new move. It didn't learn anything in XY, but maybe Ash will be able to do Z-moves next generation?

Years

Ah NoVaNoah... I reblogged some of her Serena artworks on Tumblr and she draws them pretty well. I do find it very odd that it's this particular artwork talked about in the video that's been taken down but none of her other artwork involving Serena.

My likely guess is that Serena may not end up being Ash's female companion in Alola but this incident makes for an unusual twist.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Ah NoVaNoah... I reblogged some of her Serena artworks on Tumblr and she draws them pretty well. I do find it very odd that it's this particular artwork talked about in the video that's been taken down but none of her other artwork involving Serena.

My likely guess is that Serena may not end up being Ash's female companion in Alola but this incident makes for an unusual twist.

I'll bet it's because they don't want the audience to mistake NoVaNoah's fanart as an actual scene from the anime (and I could see why from past experiences).

Years
    I'll bet it's because they don't want the audience to mistake NoVaNoah's fanart as an actual scene from the anime (and I could see why from past experiences).

That could be possible, considering how some of her artwork is very near identical to the actual anime art. Since no Sun & Moon saga has been officially announced yet (though has been hinted at), I can see why they're doing it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I wonder if Pikachu is going to learn a new move. It didn't learn anything in XY, but maybe Ash will be able to do Z-moves next generation?

I would say so. If I had to guess, this might be another reason Ash goes to Alola. I could see him losing to an Elite 4 member if he wins the League like what is suggested. He could go to Alola to learn these new moves to become Champion.

As for the art, I can see that being a reason. Her art looks amazing and almost looks like the anime. I also don't think Ash will be wearing those clothes. He has never had the same clothing as the male of the games, other than in Unova where he had a recolored jacket.

All of his clothing is different in the anime, so I am doubting they would use that shirt. Doesn't match his style.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I would say so. If I had to guess, this might be another reason Ash goes to Alola. I could see him losing to an Elite 4 member if he wins the League like what is suggested. He could go to Alola to learn these new moves to become Champion.

As for the art, I can see that being a reason. Her art looks amazing and almost looks like the anime. I also don't think Ash will be wearing those clothes. He has never had the same clothing as the male of the games, other than in Unova where he had a recolored jacket.

All of his clothing is different in the anime, so I am doubting they would use that shirt. Doesn't match his style.

Yeah, especially when we know since DP that he needs to challenge the Elite 4 and Champion, and more importantly, beat them before he can even come CLOSE to earning the title of Pokémon Master. Now, why DP DIDN'T have him do exactly that when they announced that I can guess is because the writers procrastinated via fillers.

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
    Years
    Here's how I would like the main character's teams to be in the Sun & Moon anime.

Ash's Team:
    1. Pikachu
    2. Starter Pokemon- Rowlet
    3. First Pokemon Catch- Grubbin- Charjabug- Vikavolt (I think that Ash should change his tradition of having bird Pokemon to something new.)
    4. Yungoos- Gumshoos (Since Gumshoos is based on a detective that looks like Donald Trump, and with Detective Pikachu coming soon. This Pokemon would be a great addition to Ash's team. Yungoos/Gumshoos could help Ash and his friends when they need to find something missing or unravel a mystery. Make the Pokemon Anime Great Again.)
    5. Mimikyu (Ash has Pikachu so why not add Mimikyu.)
    6. Exeggutor (The Alolan version of Exeggutor would be really helpful. This big guy can easily defeat Team Rocket. He's tall enough to reach Team Rocket's air balloon.)
    7. Salandit

Leading Male Companion's Team- Hau (Hau will make a great companion for Ash since he's an Alolan native and has the personality of a protagonist.):
    1. Litten
    2. Wimpod
    3. Mudbray- Mudstale
    4. Sunaba- Shirodesuna
    5. Tapu Koko
    6. Yowashi (Swarm Form)

Serena's Pokemon Team (Serena should remain with Ash. She just has to remain with him):
    1. Poplio
    2. Pikpek
    3. Komala
    4. Rockruff
    5. Togedemaru
    6. Oricorio (Pom-Pom Style)

Team Rocket's Pokemon:
    1. Meowth and Wobbuffet will remain. Meowth will probably change form in Alola.
    2. Jessie's Pokemon: Bruxish
    3. James's Pokemon: Bewear (Bewear will hug James every time he calls him up. This would be similar to his Carnivine and Victreebel biting him when they were called on previous generations.)

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Logstin from Gnoggin has posted this regards to Ash's role in Sun and Moon:

He still believes in his previous theory about Gen VII being the end of the current Pokémon timeline before a complete reboot in Gen VIII.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ash's team --

--Pikachu : He will always stuck with Ash.

--Rowlet or Litten : Ash always gets starter. This time he might get Grass type since he didn't caught one in Kalos . However , Litten seem good choice.

--Rockpuff : Secret evolution anyone.

--Mimikyu : His has a connection and rivalry with Pikachu

--Beawear : Perfect for Ash! A Pokemon that is big , strong but also has potential to be a gag pokemon. Imagine , Ash catching a clueless Bewear that often hug him to death and unintentionally break thing . Basically another Snorlax that stay awake.

--Alola Ninetail : I love Icy Fox/wolf pokemon.

--Drampa : Reserved , often use to cross One Island to another.

--Mudsdale : Reserved , The most serious member of Ash's team.

--Minior : Perfect mascot pokemon

Starter replacement:

--Lurantis : Rowlet's replacement if Ash does not catch Rowlet ! her Solor blade attack is amazing.

--Alola Marowak : Litten's replacement ,

I have this idea ,
    What if Ash goes to Alola to catch "Alola form Pokemon" for Prof Oak ? Since Alola does not have Gyms so there is no reason for Ash to go to Alola except for vacationing.
    I'm telling you , Currently I'm actually want Pikachu to evolve into Alola Raichu.

3. James's Pokemon: Bewear (Bewear will hug James every time he calls him up. This would be similar to his Carnivine and Victreebel biting him when they were called on previous generations.)
    Bewear is too powerful for James .
    It like giving him a Dragonite , Tyranitor , Tyrantrum or Snorlax.
    Bewear hugging gag can be used for Ash since he too get abused by his Pokemon! Plus , Bewear is perfect pokemon considering he's cute yet strong.
    Those the type of pokemon Ash need , Pokemon with cute appearance but extremely strong.
    Example : Goodra and Snorlax.

Last edited:
    Back