• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tanzanite- Oracle of the Equinox Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroMaxx

Tanzanite Pokedex Coordinator
Years
12/28/08 Update:

Pokedex

The Pokedex has has a few updates, including new artwork for the Embear and Dracaon lines.

Name Change

The name of the 6th gym leader, Frederic (Ice- Frostone City), has been changed to Bryce.

That is all and stay tuned for future updates! :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
There are actually a lot more similarities (not that it's a bad thing).
The region map is very similar (they were based off the same part of Japan); see this.
Similar story - two warring legendaries being awakened, and a third 'peacekeeper' needed to stop them (this was done in Emerald too).
Similar number of Pokémon; Acanthite's official dex goes up to 650 too.
Similar sketchy style of artwork; compare this and this.
A criminal team returns under a different leader; Galactic here, and Rocket in Acanthite.
Finally, both introduce a Light type and a second new type (Cosmic and Virus).

Also, I'd like to take the opportunity to say that some of the designs are reminiscent of Registeel DS's designs (which is a good thing too).

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
Wow, your Pokémon designs are unbelievable. Since the storylines of D/P, it seems as if everyone has been trying to introduce a larger story. Some have gone a bit over the top and others have just thrown things together hoping they will work. It's nice to see something that seems to strike the balance quite well. I haven't looked at Acanthite, but from the amount of times it has been mentioned/at the top of threads I can only presume that it bearing a resemblance is a good thing. I can only say keep it up!

ForeverRed

teeheeee
Years
There are actually a lot more similarities (not that it's a bad thing).
The region map is very similar (they were based off the same part of Japan); see this.
Similar story - two warring legendaries being awakened, and a third 'peacekeeper' needed to stop them (this was done in Emerald too).
Similar number of Pokémon; Acanthite's official dex goes up to 650 too.
Similar sketchy style of artwork; compare this and this.
A criminal team returns under a different leader; Galactic here, and Rocket in Acanthite.
Finally, both introduce a Light type and a second new type (Cosmic and Virus).

Also, I'd like to take the opportunity to say that some of the designs are reminiscent of Registeel DS's designs (which is a good thing too).
Off Topiv: Does it mean im in that group too O: I'm also doing Tohoku T_T but i never knew that Acanthite was doing it until it was too late.
On Topic: I never noticed the other parts liek the pokemon and story O:

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
*Well I would not call the third legendary a peacekeeper but there is a 50% chance he could turn to be it the other 50% you will soon find out.
*I'm not the Pokedex Coordinator but I can tell you that there will be 3 more Pokemon.
*What can I say Team Galactic is cool
*You forgot the third type "Sound"

Dark-absol-king made most of the amazing sketchs

AeroMaxx

Tanzanite Pokedex Coordinator
Years
Hopefully an update will be posted soon. Things are a little slow since everyone's getting off the holiday season, but will kick off soon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
Ok you guys decide 1 or 2?
Any ideas to make it better?

screen4.png

screen5.png

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2009
Isn't Starly Normal and Flying? Or did I miss the point there?

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
yeah I know starly is normal/flying but in the Tcg normal and flying types are colorless. I tried putting type icons but they were to long.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I think the mini-portraits works better. Alternatively, you could put the tcg type icons somewhere else in the pokemon information. The battle system over all has a very clean look, but the health bars could use to be expanded. I like it a lot.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2009
I like number two.
Whats the point of a picture the pokemon just there???
I think you should make the Exp bar a little bigger.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
screen6.png

Ok you guys I updated the Official website by adding a new template, adding a "News" section, and now you'll be able to register at the website and discuss the news.
Please do register :)
[link]
Questions?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
I think either one of those look good. I really like the Idea and it looks very good! i cant wait to see a battle with the fakemon in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back